Things people do at the gym, that you hate.

Replies

• michellemundi
    michellemundi Posts: 1,223 Member
    Everything lol
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Honestly all you people make newbies scared to go to a gym and it's why I work out at home! Unfortunately, I know eventually I will want to use heavier weights so I guess it's inevitable, but I seriously am dreading it because of you people. Get over yourselves! I have to use my phone because I'm new to weightlifting and strength training. So I use it to make sure my form is correct and I check it between every different exercise I do to see what I need to do next and the correct form for that one. You should all mind your own business and worry about your own workout because I'm sure there is something you do that bothers at least one other person in your gym.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    Honestly all you people make newbies scared to go to a gym and it's why I work out at home! Unfortunately, I know eventually I will want to use heavier weights so I guess it's inevitable, but I seriously am dreading it because of you people. Get over yourselves! I have to use my phone because I'm new to weightlifting and strength training. So I use it to make sure my form is correct and I check it between every different exercise I do to see what I need to do next and the correct form for that one. You should all mind your own business and worry about your own workout because I'm sure there is something you do that bothers at least one other person in your gym.

There's Planet Fitness for people like you ;)

No judging and everyone there is a newbie.
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Tialuna18 wrote: »
    People who radically drop weights once their finished, making a loud Bang and making everyone quickly turn heads. I always worry someone's going to get hurt. : /

Ha, yes, this too.
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Why should I have to go to a specific gym? That's just asinine!
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    sixxpoint wrote: »

There's Planet Fitness for people like you ;)

No judging and everyone there is a newbie.

11274146.jpg
  • 3AAnn3
    ski709 wrote: »
    The guys that walk around naked in the locker room having conversations with other naked guys. Usually one of them has a leg up on the bench letting all their *kitten* dangle. Can't un-see some things.

Guys who look at my dick in the locker room.

Women who walk around for like 5 minutes with no bra on while their boobs are grazing the floor.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,396 Member
    The main thing I hate at my gym is the creepy old dude that works there that stares at me. He is also handicapped (so I feel bad) so I can hear his crutches following me wherever I go. His only saving grace is that I know I could take him down if he ever tried to make an unwanted move.
  • 3AAnn3
    The main thing I hate at my gym is the creepy old dude that works there that stares at me. He is also handicapped (so I feel bad) so I can hear his crutches following me wherever I go. His only saving grace is that I know I could take him down if he ever tried to make an unwanted move.
    Haha!
    There's a 90 year old at mine who always walks up and tells me "looking good" and then places his hand in an almost inappropriate place.

When I'm 90, I may do the same thing to some young stud though, so who am I to judge?
  • elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Old men that come to the gym to specifically hit on the younger gals. :s

There is an older guy who goes to my gym who literally does this. I always wondered why there arent any young female at my gym.
  • MonkeyMel21
    3AAnn3 wrote: »
    ski709 wrote: »
    The guys that walk around naked in the locker room having conversations with other naked guys. Usually one of them has a leg up on the bench letting all their *kitten* dangle. Can't un-see some things.

Guys who look at my dick in the locker room.

Women who walk around for like 5 minutes with no bra on while their boobs are grazing the floor.

I wish more women went naked/topless in my locker room so I wouldn't have that teeny tiny amount of dubiousness I feel about myself going topless while getting ready.
  • MonkeyMel21
    Haha!
    There's a 90 year old at mine who always walks up and tells me "looking good" and then places his hand in an almost inappropriate place.

When I'm 90, I may do the same thing to some young stud though, so who am I to judge?

right?! haha. They're obviously not a threat just a bit unnerving. I always find where he is so when I bend over to stretch my *kitten* is not facing towards him, lol.
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    The best was that I wanted to use a machine and I had to wake the guy up. He took a break and fell asleep on the machine.
  • nanaoftwo0614
    nanaoftwo0614 Posts: 59 Member
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    For me nothing really grinds my gears at the gym. I have been going way too long to have trivial issues matter to me at the gym.

I agree with you. If I hated everything about the gym or parts of it, I wouldn't go. I don't want to waste my time hating on somebody when they are going to continue doing what they are doing. I do my thing and get out.
  • tschlach
    tschlach Posts: 33 Member
    People that slam/throw down free weights

Hate that also. If you can't lift that much and put it down with ease don't lift.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    For me nothing really grinds my gears at the gym. I have been going way too long to have trivial issues matter to me at the gym.

I agree with you. If I hated everything about the gym or parts of it, I wouldn't go. I don't want to waste my time hating on somebody when they are going to continue doing what they are doing. I do my thing and get out.

Another poster who sums up the thread.
  • 3AAnn3
    Not when someone lets you work in. I mean when someone clings dearly do the machine in between his 10 sets

I mean if you want to deload plates....

I'd rather have you deload them, honestly
  • 3AAnn3

Agree, if I was legitimately furious, I probably wouldn't go. You've got to let it roll of your back. People at the gym are just like people anywhere else you might go.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    tschlach wrote: »
    People that slam/throw down free weights

Hate that also. If you can't lift that much and put it down with ease don't lift.

You should tell the lifter that.
  • josiemead
    josiemead Posts: 3 Member
    i'm pretty lucky in that my gym is small and local, but i purposely avoid going at peak times (i.e. evenings) because of all the 'bro'/'lads' who go to the gym in groups of 5-10 and stand about talking and leering, taking 15 minute rests between sets and taking up loads of room and equipment in such a small gym.
    we also get a lot of school kids coming in cos the lower age limit is only like, 15 (too low, IMO). they either stand around a lot and don't know what to do with themselves, or try to copy what you're doing and end up using bad form/overfacing themselves
    but #1 HATRED is people not reracking their plates from the leg press/calf raise. especially as it always seems to be the 50kg plates which i can't lift from that angle without hurting myself.