Things people do at the gym, that you hate.

Replies

• Sarah4fitness
    Sarah4fitness Posts: 437 Member
    Found a new one today: People who yell across the cardio area from one machine to their "friend" several machines away carrying on a prolonged conversation.

Dude, wanna talk? Get off your machine and go talk to your victim. Don't holler so everyone else has to hear your inane chatter about the game no one cares about from last weekend.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    When people SIT on the machines or benches or cardio equipment and text. OMG that is by far the most inconsiderate thing I have ever seen people do at the gym. and please don't give me 'well we are all
    logging our numbers/exercise PLEASE..
  • Determined_ella_89
    Determined_ella_89 Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited October 2015
    Sit on the equipment that you want to use... and chat away... Literally talking.. While you stand there waiting.. They aren't even using the equipment!! :angry: so I rudely shout... Does that machine work your mouth muscles.. because it seems to be working if it is! :grimace: then give a look as though to say use it or get off it! :joy:
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    I hate it when people are there when I'm there. It's 1am ffs! Go to bed!

And I hate the fact people are too lazy to keep track and dispose of their half-consumed cups of water, instead leaving them strewn about the room and on equipment. Gah.
  • latattoomamii
    latattoomamii Posts: 5 Member
    I can't stand when men moan when lifting weight .. I'm trying to work out !
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    urloved33 wrote: »
    When people SIT on the machines or benches or cardio equipment and text. OMG that is by far the most inconsiderate thing I have ever seen people do at the gym. and please don't give me 'well we are all
    logging our numbers/exercise PLEASE..

I sit on machines or equipment all the time of no one is waiting. Do you ask the people of you can work in? If I'm sitting on equipment all someone has to do is ask.
  • Hornsby
    edited October 2015
    I can't stand when men moan when lifting weight .. I'm trying to work out !
    Lol - I suggest planet fitness then. Grunting comes with the territory if you are lifting heavy.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    @Hornsby this thread has lost all hope. I've come to the decision that people will find absolutely anything to complain about. Pretty sad..
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Not a fan of people using the machine right next to me when there are 20 other ones open for use.
  • Hornsby
    @_incogNEATo_ I know....I know....lol. Hadn't checked this thread in a while. I see it's the same ol same ol.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Hornsby wrote: »
    @_incogNEATo_ I know....I know....lol. Hadn't checked this thread in a while. I see it's the same ol same ol.

My only complaint is on leg day when the gym runs out of 45s for me to squat with... carry on!
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Drives me nuts when guys tuck their shirts in the back of their shorts. I mean what's that about? Just kidding @_incogNEATo_ :D
  • _incogNEATo_
    Drives me nuts when guys tuck their shirts in the back of their shorts. I mean what's that about? Just kidding @_incogNEATo_ :D

LOL! I just try to show off my *kitten*.
  • EsdeathFarron
    EsdeathFarron Posts: 20 Member
    I hate it when someone takes the machine I'm about to get on. To me working out is an annoying chore and I like to get through it as quickly as possible.
  • Hea1thyGam3r
    Hea1thyGam3r Posts: 1,354 Member
    When people see my truck and come in thinking I'm up for conversation and a beer. >.<
  • ohmyllama
    ohmyllama Posts: 161 Member
    I prefer to get in and get out minding my own business... not much bothers me.

The girls at my college's gym, though... they'll spray an entire bottle of gag-inducing perfume on themselves, to stink up not only the bathrooms, but the entire gym. Yeah, I quit going there, even though it's free. Seriously couldn't stand the perfume. Yuck.

I mean, I like my own perfume, but I have enough courtesy not to apply it in the gym, or spray 20oz of it on myself before going there.