Things people do at the gym, that you hate.

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    ready4_50 wrote: »
    When they stand there and watch you! :confounded:

A lady was touring the gym yesterday and she had her little boy with her. Little man stood there and watched me on the treadmill for a good five straight minutes. It was actually starting to creep me out. He didn't even blink. lol

He could have had autism, or a mental handicap or he could have just been interested in the treadmill because he had never seen one before? Seriously the judginess in this thread is ridiculous. And YES I just said judginess and no I don't care if it isn't a word or if it is or isn't spelled correctly just in case someone wants to go there.

It's actually very entertaining to see what people whine and complain about.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I saw a new one the other day! A dude was on the stationary bike, not pedaling at all, just using it as a rest for his laptop!
  • for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options

A lady was touring the gym yesterday and she had her little boy with her. Little man stood there and watched me on the treadmill for a good five straight minutes. It was actually starting to creep me out. He didn't even blink. lol

He could have had autism, or a mental handicap or he could have just been interested in the treadmill because he had never seen one before? Seriously the judginess in this thread is ridiculous. And YES I just said judginess and no I don't care if it isn't a word or if it is or isn't spelled correctly just in case someone wants to go there.

Sounds like someone missed her nap.

• branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options

Nope, just don't really care for people judging others when they have no clue what these other people go through or what their circumstances are. If I saw a young boy staring at me on a treadmill for 5 minutes straight (because I have small children and I know that they don't have the best attention spans) I would ABSOLUTELY NOT think this child was creepy but thats just me I suppose. And taking a nap has nothing to do with being a decent person. SMDH!

• for_ever_young66
    Options

Nope, just don't really care for people judging others when they have no clue what these other people go through or what their circumstances are. If I saw a young boy staring at me on a treadmill for 5 minutes straight (because I have small children and I know that they don't have the best attention spans) I would ABSOLUTELY NOT think this child was creepy but thats just me I suppose. And taking a nap has nothing to do with being a decent person. SMDH!

here's an idea. If the thread hurts your sensitivities so much, why do you even bother hanging out here. There's a lot of things in this world that offend me and you know how I handle them? I don't go near them. Then again, that's just me. Maybe I'm the one who's got it wrong. SMDH!!!!!

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Anyone who dislikes guys wearing tank tops....
  • yopeeps025
    Options

here's an idea. If the thread hurts your sensitivities so much, why do you even bother hanging out here. There's a lot of things in this world that offend me and you know how I handle them? I don't go near them. Then again, that's just me. Maybe I'm the one who's got it wrong. SMDH!!!!!

The irony of this post sums up this whole thread.
  • branflakes1980
    Options

You mean like the little creepy boy? So calling an innocent child creepy on a public forum = not going near them. Got it. Thank you so much for clearing that up for me.

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Things that are anti social and affect my gym experience. Normally I dont care but:

If im waiting to use a p;poece of equipment and they are ocupying but not using it for a long time, then thats annoying. I mean over 15 minutes and they are doing zilch, cept maybe surfing on their phone.

The other one is where they get equipment, be it weights or a bench pull them out use them and then just walk off and leave them expecting other people to put them back.
  • RB5790
    RB5790 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I don't like it when (usually teenagers) come to the gym and goof off and laugh the whole time? What's so funny about working out?
  • for_ever_young66
    Options

You mean like the little creepy boy? So calling an innocent child creepy on a public forum = not going near them. Got it. Thank you so much for clearing that up for me.

Aw, get over yourself. I didn't not say "creepy" little boy. I said that I was creeped out a bit and he did seem to have a nice mom and family. I'm am very underwhelmed by your phony outrage Ms. Branflakes.
  • msfoxy_25
    msfoxy_25 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    People who don't wipe down the machines. People who stand around on or near machines talking/flirting. Work out or go home.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    I don't like it when (usually teenagers) come to the gym and goof off and laugh the whole time? What's so funny about working out?

The conversations that go along with working out with friends.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    2 things I hate..

When someone is using the weight machines that you want to use but they stop between sets and sit on their cell phone. Like, you don't actually mean to take a 2 minute break do you?? UGH!

& When a guy purposely walks by you while you are using the machines to use the water fountain when there are many other routes CLOSER he could have taken. & he does this repeatedly, after each lift- about 10 times in 20 minutes. Haha.

I generally rest 5 minutes if it's above 80% of my 1rm
  • branflakes1980
    Options

Aw, get over yourself. I didn't not say "creepy" little boy. I said that I was creeped out a bit and he did seem to have a nice mom and family. I'm am very underwhelmed by your phony outrage Ms. Branflakes.

And I am underwhelmed by your ability as a grown adult to take ownership of the things that you say. And also, I have zero desire to get over myself, I quite like being me, but thank you again for your concern.

• faithgirlfl
    faithgirlfl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    There's a girl in my gym who works out for a 10-15 min then goes and fixes her make-up and hair in the mirror .. I'm like "if i don't look like crap when I leave the gym, I didn't work out hard enough" ... ;) and she wears these short short black shorts that show her butt cheeks ... It's so frustrating .. and I'm not sure why it bothers me ...LOL
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »

The irony of this post sums up this whole thread.[/quote]

YES

BTW, I just don't get you people who don't like grunting (headphones), Sweat (It's a fu**ing Gym!), and people who have cologne/perfume on / people who smell (you can't have both at a gym!)
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    2 things I hate..

When someone is using the weight machines that you want to use but they stop between sets and sit on their cell phone. Like, you don't actually mean to take a 2 minute break do you?? UGH!

& When a guy purposely walks by you while you are using the machines to use the water fountain when there are many other routes CLOSER he could have taken. & he does this repeatedly, after each lift- about 10 times in 20 minutes. Haha.

I generally rest 5 minutes if it's above 80% of my 1rm

Yet another reason why I lift by myself. I admit, I can take a while if the weight is heavier and I've exerted quite a bit of energy.

My gym is also equipped with 7 Squat Racks, 9 Benches, and 4 Deadlift platforms. Separate rooms for shoulders, back, legs, and arms. Entire room of dumbbells and fixed weights too. So generally, there isn't much of a problem waiting... even at peak hours.