Ate way over my limit..Is it all over?

Options

Replies

• lisaweaver3
    lisaweaver3 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Have you figured out why you overate/made poor choices? Just because you went out with people to a restaurant doesn't mean you get to free feed. Did you not want to be a wet blanket? (People pleaser) Did you feel you deserved it? (Entitlement) You will continue to have ups and downs in your healthy lifestyle journey but until you get a handle on why you eat the way you do you will always be at the mercy of your emotions. Great decision to reach out to the community. These supportive people here are spot on with the practical aspect. This event should not derail you and you are moving forward with good choices. Don't stop moving forward. Good luck! :smile:
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    It's not over unless you give up.
  • rivy1226
    rivy1226 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    pretend it was a really special day! It happens now and again that there is a party or something. We can splurge now and then.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Think of it like this, you are 20 years old. If you live until you are 90, that is 25550 days. 1 day really isn't the end of the world.
    log it, move on.
  • nyponbell
    nyponbell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I eat over all the time. I figure, that so long as I log it and try to do better the next day, and the day after that and the day after that and just keep going, it's never over. Yes, it makes you feel a bit like a failure, but the fact that you are still here and you *want* to do better is still a win, I think. Logging everything, even the days when you are over, helps show a pattern too - and I've learned a lot about myself that I already knew but didn't truly *see* before now.

Good luck!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    is all over. youll blow up overnight and explode in a giant poof of fat!

nice knowing you.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Nah, please I do that like, at least once a month (yesterday as a matter of fact!) you just keep logging, you're cool!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

nice knowing you.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    I'm gonna imagine this now whenever I nom to much yummy food!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

nice knowing you.

Snort!
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Log it and move on

And tbh I'd advise not having a 'cheat' day at all because that psychology is a road to ruin .. you're basically telling yourself and reinforcing that you are restricting so much you have to cheat

instead just consider your calorie defecit across the week .. the app has fairly good reports for this that you can set to report on the last rolling 7 days

you eat more some days you eat less others but you always hit your calorie defecit across those 7 days

there are no cheats

there is just a way of life

and your psyche changes to realise that this is life .. this is manageable.. you can do this and don't need to 'fall off the wagon' or 'cheat' or castigate yourself for having a few hundred extra calories

Solid advice.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

nice knowing you.

That does explain why the OP hasn't returned.
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Eat 1800 calories over the next six days! One day does not a lifestyle make (or break).
  • RobertWilkens
    RobertWilkens Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    yeah so my caloric limit for the day is about 1900 (trying to lose weight) and I ate about 2500. I feel disgusting, does anybody know if that is such a horrible thing? It isn't my cheat day btw...

So you were 600 calories over

But you probably had a 500 calorie deficit factored in originally

so really you have 100 calorie surplus.

This should delay your weight loss efforts by about 1 day, because this particular day is essentially a wash (no progress towards loss, nor likely gain either).

-Rob
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    yeah so my caloric limit for the day is about 1900 (trying to lose weight) and I ate about 2500. I feel disgusting, does anybody know if that is such a horrible thing? It isn't my cheat day btw...
    It's not over until you quit. Until then it is just a bump in the road.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    i ate at maintenance(1810 cals) 2 days ago when i went to kings dominion i felt so bad when i really should'nt .. but iam getting over it haha .. i guess some of us feel so bad because we've been doing so well for 1 week, 2 weeks , months and then one slip up and we feel like we've failed ourselves so much :/
    i can vent with ppls on this note haha*
    BTW : Normal Calorie goal is 1320 *
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Analyze what led up to your bad day, log it, and move on.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    It is only over if you quit trying.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

nice knowing you.

That does explain why the OP hasn't returned.

told you

lolol

• LoginTrey
    LoginTrey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How do I delete this post? Lol thank you everyone for replying btw
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Even if the calorie goal were not set with a deficit factored in, 600 calories is 1/6 pound. So you ate a bit over target. Life goes on. I've had days where I went 1000 calories or more over target. I've still lost 75 pounds.