My thighs have gotten bigger!

Options

Replies

• sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    How can we tell she is "skinny" if we can only see her upper body? She said she's pear shaped.

OP my thighs pretty much bust out of all my pants now, but I've been at this for years. Everyone said they'll get smaller, but they didn't. Maybe yours will. I will say however, I really like them. They're awesome.

I've been noticing pear shaped girls lately, really, it's such a beautiful shape. Nothing beats a gorgeous *kitten* and curvy thighs in a tight pair of pants/skirt.

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Nobody said she's skinny, we said she's a healthy weight for her height and that the science says her thighs are not miraculously larger after 5 weeks of training whilst eating at a pretty aggressive deficit mostly doing cardio.
    sunglasses_and_ocean_waves Posts: 2,757 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Nobody said she's skinny,

Nobody? Really?

ndj1979 wrote: »
    @ndj1979

Sorry yeah I meant my calorie intake, not deficit. And yeah it's current

You are already skinny ..why are you trying to lose weight????

I'm at a deficit of 500. I'm trying to lose weight because I used to weigh less and liked the way I looked back then more. I'm actually not trying to lose too much more, just 3 to 6 more lbs. I'm 5'6. I'm not underweight or anything haha.

@paris458
    Thanks! That's actually pretty reassuring

eating disorder alert, eating disorder alert….

or body dysmorphia

either way seek immediate professional help.

• VintageFeline
    edited June 2015
    Options

Nobody? Really?

I'm at a deficit of 500. I'm trying to lose weight because I used to weigh less and liked the way I looked back then more. I'm actually not trying to lose too much more, just 3 to 6 more lbs. I'm 5'6. I'm not underweight or anything haha.

@paris458

or body dysmorphia

You don't have to be skinny to have an eating disorder or have dysmorphia.

One person in how many reasonable science based responses?
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Options

Nobody? Really?

@paris458

or body dysmorphia

Again, no one said she's skinny.

You can keep ignoring it or you can try reading. I won't quote it a 3rd time.
    @ndj1979

• VintageFeline
    Options

Nobody? Really?

@paris458

or body dysmorphia

@ndj1979

I edited. One person doesn't negate the science others presented. Not getting the response you want doesn't negate that.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    The healthy range for 5'6" is 118-154, I believe. It's dependent on body composition and shape but 130 @ 5'6" is a good weight. I can't imagine feeling like my thighs were big at that size but I'm 18 pounds heavier at 5'6" and don't feel like my thighs are big.
    Options

Nobody? Really?

@paris458

or body dysmorphia

One person in how many reasonable science based responses?

Yeah you don;t get to change your response when you're proven wrong. And guess what? I get to address one person who was out of line if I choose to.

eLVHJda.gif

• VintageFeline
    Options
    Haha. The editing function does indeed allow me to change my response however childish you want to be about it.

The facts remain, OP has no hard data to support her claim her thighs have gotten larger and the science doesn't back it up either. That's what this is about, not how fat or skinny anyone thinks she is or isn't. Most responses sought to reassure the OP she needn't worry and was perhaps being too aggressive with her goals when she is already a healthy weight for her height.

Start and end of story. The rest is needless really, my ongoing relying included but I'm a bored insomniac with Internet access.
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    @VintageFeline
    Yeah, you didn't need to tell us that you're bored. It's pretty clear that you don't have anything productive to do.

You keep telling me that my thighs haven't gained muscle. I've already acknowledged and accepted that many times. Science does show that muscles retain water after working out though. So my thighs being bloated is a very reasonable explanation. I don't understand what you're still doing here and why you're still trying to tell me that I didn't gain muscle. That's kinda old news now. Bye. Go get some sleep, you apparently need it.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Nobody? Really?

@paris458

or body dysmorphia

@ndj1979

OP is not skinny, really?
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    I find offering up facts pretty productive as it goes, someone may read this and stop being terrified of getting bulky doing spin classes.

And I'm afraid insomnia dictates if I sleep or not, not yourself or your repeatedly telling me bye. Joys of using public forums eh!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    From another spinning thread ...
    I've read those same articles too. I absolutely love spin, I go all the time (3-4x/week). It doesn't make you fat. The only thing that makes you fat is eating too much. I've definitely gained muscle on my legs and butt, but I don't look bulky there, I actually look a lot better. Spin is also a great calorie burn.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Nobody? Really?

@paris458

or body dysmorphia

@ndj1979

OP, could you post a full body picture so we can see about the thigh issue?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    How can we tell she is "skinny" if we can only see her upper body? She said she's pear shaped.

OP my thighs pretty much bust out of all my pants now, but I've been at this for years. Everyone said they'll get smaller, but they didn't. Maybe yours will. I will say however, I really like them. They're awesome.

I've been noticing pear shaped girls lately, really, it's such a beautiful shape. Nothing beats a gorgeous *kitten* and curvy thighs in a tight pair of pants/skirt.

so she is carrying 100 extra pounds below the hips????
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Nobody? Really?

@paris458

or body dysmorphia

@ndj1979

Waiting.

slide_321105_3009299_free.gif
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

so she is carrying 100 extra pounds below the hips????

It's all in OP's left toe. ;)
  • VintageFeline
    edited June 2015
    Options
    From another spinning thread ...
    I've read those same articles too. I absolutely love spin, I go all the time (3-4x/week). It doesn't make you fat. The only thing that makes you fat is eating too much. I've definitely gained muscle on my legs and butt, but I don't look bulky there, I actually look a lot better. Spin is also a great calorie
    Serah87 wrote: »
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Nobody? Really?

@paris458

or body dysmorphia

@ndj1979

Waiting.

slide_321105_3009299_free.gif

To be honest a picture would only really be helpful if it was a before and after and as she doesn't measure I don't think she will have taken photos.
  • jrodri0105
    jrodri0105 Posts: 91 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    You shouldn't be losing any weight at your stats. If you don't like the way you look than its because you hardly have any muscles and possibly are "skinny fat". Take a pic of your legs and post it. Let us judge.