My thighs have gotten bigger!

Options

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    From another spinning thread ...
    I've read those same articles too. I absolutely love spin, I go all the time (3-4x/week). It doesn't make you fat. The only thing that makes you fat is eating too much. I've definitely gained muscle on my legs and butt, but I don't look bulky there, I actually look a lot better. Spin is also a great calorie burn.

" but I don't look bulky there, I actually look a lot better. "

So OP your legs went from looking a lot better to bulky in 8 days??
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness. You guys won't stop will you. Of course I was seeing great results. I think I even said my calves were bigger and butt was more lifted in my original post. Recently though, my thighs have started to get bigger, which I know now is because of water retention.

Do you guys srsly want me to post a picture? Wow. Ok. How do i add a pic on here?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oh my goodness. You guys won't stop will you. Of course I was seeing great results. I think I even said my calves were bigger and butt was more lifted in my original post. Recently though, my thighs have started to get bigger, which I know now is because of water retention.

Do you guys srsly want me to post a picture? Wow. Ok. How do i add a pic on here?

• jrodri0105
    jrodri0105 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    On her avatar. It says she wants to lose 30 more pounds? Get to 100lbs at 5'6? Is that even healthy
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Where does it say I want to lose 30 more lbs? I want to lose 3-6 more. Pretty sure I already mentioned that on here. The lowest I ever weighed was 122lbs, but I had a really hard time maintaining that so I went up to 124, which was a really good weight for me. My weight ranged from 124 to 127 for a few years.
  • jrodri0105
    Options
    Where does it say I want to lose 30 more lbs? I want to lose 3-6 more. Pretty sure I already mentioned that on here. The lowest I ever weighed was 122lbs, but I had a really hard time maintaining that so I went up to 124, which was a really good weight for me. My weight ranged from 124 to 127 for a few years.

In your profile under progress. It says you have 30 more pounds to go. Anyways you don't need to lose any more weight at those stats. Work on recomping or bulking. Unless you just want to go to the skinny approach and like that "look" with no muscle. GL
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    jrodri0105 wrote: »

In your profile under progress. It says you have 30 more pounds to go. Anyways you don't need to lose any more weight at those stats. Work on recomping or bulking. Unless you just want to go to the skinny approach and like that "look" with no muscle. GL

You're reading her ticker wrong.
  • jrodri0105
    Options

opps thanks!

• senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

Guess you shouldn't put stock in that reading.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    lol so I only read OP and not the other posts

but if your legs get stronger your quads are gonna get bigger

if your body fat % drops enough you'll get good definition and have phat quads

tl;dr lift heavy *kitten*, track your food accurately, you'll burn fat and get jacked legs
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Then you don't need to lose 5 more pounds...

Do a recomp ...
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options

You can add it the same way you added your profile pic. Or upload it to Imgur and post the link here.

OP, I'd recommend you measure your thighs right now, stop spinning for a month or so, and then remeasure. That should prove it was water retention.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I just read a research study that says that fat is mobilized by a deficit but can be REDEPOSITED elsewhere if it isn't actually used. Soooo it's possible for fat to shift location even as you're burning more. But the effect would be so slight that no one will notice, seriously--and you probably wouldn't, either.

You can also retain water in muscles that are being insulted (medically) by lots of new exercise as they get used to it. That's way more likely.

Start taking measurements if you haven't already. It may just be that you're losing elsewhere and it LOOKS big compared to what it was.

My thighs probably look bigger, but both chafing and measurements tell me they're not!
  • RachelGDT
    RachelGDT Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you may also be building the muscle in your legs; whether purposely or not.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    RachelGDT wrote: »
    Sounds to me like you may also be building the muscle in your legs; whether purposely or not.

Not on a 1200 calorie intake and spinning
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options

As a woman who lifts heavy 4x a week...I wish it was possible to put on muscle by accident.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

As a woman who lifts heavy 4x a week...I wish it was possible to put on muscle by accident.

Yeah. No one "accidentally" gets "bulky."
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Yeah. No one "accidentally" gets "bulky."

"Hey I just found an ab! Only 5 more to go."
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I too would think it would be helpful to see a pic. Not to judge, but so you can get an honest evaluation from the experienced folks here
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    basically u gonna need a space shuttle

or a ladder that's forever