Starting 5 week low carb diet! No more excuses! Who wants to join me? :)

Options
KarinasPerfectBody
KarinasPerfectBody Posts: 27 Member
edited June 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
For a person who constantly eats, low carb diet works the best! It allows me to eat plenty of healthy salads and a lot of meat and fish! The most difficult thing for me is to control my portions and no overeat.. Also be strong with my sweet cravings.. I need support in this difficult honey to my perfect body

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    For a person who constantly eats, low carb diet works the best

You are doing low carb for 5 weeks?

That's doomed to failure isn't it?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be fat and die early than give up corn tortillas.

Good luck to you, though.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Is that a fact?
  • amc29
    amc29 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Day two of LCHF for me!
  • KarinasPerfectBody
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

You are so right! I think it is my 4th attempt now.. I should mentioned that I am getting married at the beginning of August! And I have just few weeks to get back to shape! So can't really keep on trying and have to be strong and consistent with my diet!
  • strong_curves
    Options

You are so right! I think it is my 4th attempt now.. I should mentioned that I am getting married at the beginning of August! And I have just few weeks to get back to shape! So can't really keep on trying and have to be strong and consistent with my diet!

Since this is your 4th attempt it's obvious low carb isn't working for you. Why not try something new like CICO?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Sweetheart stop it

If low carb isn't your thing you will not be able to stick to it

Just throw it out

Eat at a calorie defecit
    Move more
    Lift heavy

You don't have to cut out a food group you just eat whatever you want to to your calorie allowance

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

Lol the levels of contradiction are too damn high

• KarinasPerfectBody
    Options

Since this is your 4th attempt it's obvious low carb isn't working for you. Why not try something new like CICO?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

I think I would have same 4 attempts with any other diet as I wasn't serious about it.. I thought- oh, I have plenty of months to go so I can do it easily! But now with just few weeks left I need some extra support to keep on going... I think low carb works better for me just because I love salads and meat! So it was quite easy to follow it, I just have to be careful with all the allurements around me.. And again! Portions CONTROL!!! I just can't stop when I start! Do not feel when I am full
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options

I think I would have same 4 attempts with any other diet as I wasn't serious about it.. I thought- oh, I have plenty of months to go so I can do it easily! But now with just few weeks left I need some extra support to keep on going... I think low carb works better for me just because I love salads and meat! So it was quite easy to follow it, I just have to be careful with all the allurements around me.. And again! Portions CONTROL!!! I just can't stop when I start! Do not feel when I am full

THIS is the issue. Not the types of food you eat. If low carb is sustainable for you and you do it correctly, you may lose cravings and feel better. That was my personal experience.

However, if you have portion control issues and are not tuned into your own hunger and fullness signals, then that is where your focus needs to be.
  • strong_curves
    Options

Ok, well good luck.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

That was my first though too.

(stealing someone's mantra here)....Temporary changes = temporary results.

A 5 week plan is temporary....keeping the weight off....is hopefully permanent. What does low carb teach you to help you keep the weight off?

OP - I have a problem with sweets too. Trying to maintain a weight loss without figuring out how deal with sweets .......disaster.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I love salads and meats too...that's what I eat a lot of but don't try to take my potato/bread etc away...I feel empty inside without them.
  • KarinasPerfectBody
    edited June 2015
    Options

Sweetheart stop it

Just throw it out

Eat at a calorie defecit
    Move more
    Lift heavy

You don't have to cut out a food group you just eat whatever you want to to your calorie allowance

I move a lot actually 3 times a week keyla exercises at the gym (I am on my week 21st 2nd guide already
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I'm out. I luv me some carbs
  • KarinasPerfectBody
    Options
    I will start counting calories and controlling my portions from tomorrow :) ah, hope I can do it this time
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I will start counting calories and controlling my portions from tomorrow :) ah, hope I can do it this time
    Or today. Today would be good.

• vinniesooner
    vinniesooner Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Sweetheart stop it

Just throw it out

Eat at a calorie defecit
    Move more
    Lift heavy

THIS!!!
  • KarinasPerfectBody
    Options
    Ok, I cooked grilled turkey breasts and grilled vegetables for tomorrow. Put everything into containers for my lunch in dinner which should help me to control my portions! Ah! I can do it!!