The Splenda myth

Options
13»

Replies

• roselemonade
    roselemonade Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The issue with sugar substitutes is that, because they're non-caloric or very low caloric but are sweet, your body prepares itself to accept calories that aren't there which can leave you hungry. So, if you're not tracking food at all, they can mess up your appetite enough to make you eat excess calories--but if you're tracking and are aware of what you're eating, they won't cause any problems.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    I drink water and tea with sucralose all day,16+ hours a day and gallons of liquid a day, with no perceptible change in my hunger. If anything, all the liquid makes me feel full for longer.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    will having 2-3 packets of Splenda everyday (almost everyday) hinder my weight loss? There's all those studies out there about Splenda hindering weight loss and even causing weight gain. Has anyone else noticed that their consumption of Splenda has made it more difficult for them to lose or cause any health problems? I'm trying not to be ignorant or read too much into articles that are out there on the subject matter but I just want to know others experiences.
    How can Splenda make you gain weight if it has no calories?

That it does cause weight gain is a big fat myth.