Where are my fellow anti-running people?

Options
I hate running. I tell my BFF the only way I'll run any sort of race is if there is a killer clown behind me and the promise of booze at the end.

I've tried so many programs / apps based on I also hated running until... recommendations with a positive attitude. Nope, I hate running and I'm just not going to ever get on board with the running trend and I'm OK with that.

I elliptical instead. I love the ellpitical.

Where are my fellow running is the worst people? How do you get your cardio in?

Replies

• Wrecka31
    Wrecka31 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I haaaaaate running and refuse to do so! In fact I just told someone yesterday that if they see me running they better run too because something disastrous must be right behind me!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone try to convince you to love some exercise you hate? I like running (don't love it, but like it). It's my main form of cardio. But it's not for everyone.

I also bike. Maybe you'd prefer that?
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i used to. until one day i didn't.

I also used to love the elliptical and now hate it. We all change.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    i use the eliptical or ride my bike.

either way, i hate cardio in general. i hate hate hate it.
  • bcruz313
    bcruz313 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't love or even like running. I wog. I lose weight with and prefer jogging intervals. I do not go above 5 mph and will walk at 3 mph. I don't even follow c25k or anything like that. I follow my own. Right now I'm currently doing 1min jog/4 min walk. Cardio is anything that gets your heart rate up. Believe me, 1 min at 5 mph gets my HR up plenty. lol Like a previous poster said:
    omma_to_3 wrote: »
    Why would anyone try to convince you to love some exercise you hate??

I completely agree with this. If you hate running, then no reason do it. I enjoyed the elliptical at one point. And I did the stationary bike at one point. As long as you get your heart rate up who cares how!

LOL....btw....there is a Wine Run with a 1K tasting WALK. :smile:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that most people hate running, the trails are crowded enough. Now if I could just convince a couple of million more people to quit cycling........

Seriously OP, do what you love!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    One of the funniest memes I read said " If my body is ever found dead on a jogging trail, just know I was murdered elsewhere and dumped there."
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I do the Arc trainer. I think it is a better workout than the elliptical. Better on my knees, calves and not as boring as a treadmill.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I do the Arc trainer. I think it is a better workout than the elliptical. Better on my knees, calves and not as boring as a treadmill.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Where are my fellow anti-running people?

They are all out running.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    my motto is the only time you will see me running is if its from the cops.
    Seriously though i have a rod with screws in my leg and its painful. I do get my cardio from mountain bike riding. That i enjoy..
  • theredhead77
    theredhead77 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wrecka31 wrote: »
    I haaaaaate running and refuse to do so! In fact I just told someone yesterday that if they see me running they better run too because something disastrous must be right behind me!

Someone asked if I'd run if there were zombies chasing me. I said Zombies plod along. I can walk at my normal speed and out pace them. Knife wielding killer clown with the promise of booze may get me to run but even then it's iffy.
    One of the funniest memes I read said " If my body is ever found dead on a jogging trail, just know I was murdered elsewhere and dumped there."

That's me!
    omma_to_3 wrote: »
    Why would anyone try to convince you to love some exercise you hate??

My BFFs heart is in the right place. She loves her 5ks and half-marathons and I told her I'd try.

And I even turned down a Wine run. I'd totally do the 1K tasting walk though!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I'm anti-running, but pro-jogging.
  • JoJoTheModern
    JoJoTheModern Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I do interval running on the treadmill, but not for long at a time, and that's all the running I do. Out in the real world a nice walking pace of 3 mph seems to work just fine. (I want to get to 4 mph.)
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    I do lots of running from running.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I don't like it much either...yet but I'm sure after the weight comes off I'm going to love it :expressionless:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I used to hate running. Still sort of do. Until I discovered intervals. Much like C25k but without the goal of running for long periods of time. I simply run for a minute, walk for 2 minutes. Repeat 5 or 6 times. It's a great workout.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options

Hahaha!! This is totally me!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I HATE running. :D