Where are my fellow anti-running people?

Options

Replies

• emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Running is awesome. When you can run 6-7 miles and still feel like you could run 10 more, that's an amazing feeling. Plus, there is nothing like the high you can achieve after some long-slow-distance running short of actually doing drugs.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Count me in although my boot camp does do a mile twice a week but I'm only there for one day of it. Sprint work I don't mind so much. I would love to do a Spartan type course but the running part stops me. I actually like cardio though. I'm a fan of boxing, spinning, hiking and the stepmill.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Not a runner here! I have no desire whatsoever to run. I also hate cardio machines. Sooooooooooo BORING. My cardio of choice is Jazzercise and I go as often as possible and try to miss very few classes. I also paddle board (wonderful core workout) and kayak fairly often as I LOVE these activities. And hiking. I live in the mountains so we have awesome places for hiking. Running though.....UGH. No. Unless a bear is chasing me.
  • SkinnyNicole86
    SkinnyNicole86 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yup no running for me! I've got awful knees, Ive had surgery on the one. (I'm only 24 lol) it usually hurts when I run. I like walking Though! As well as biking and swimming! Starting to enjoy the elliptical move. Haha
    Add me all of you anti-runners :)
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I used to be like you but now love it or at least tolerate it enough to not to abhor it. I agree with those who say the movement of running has improved other things for me at the gym. And I love long slow runs now. In fact short 5ks seem more annoying than LSR's for me. Though I say the same about short 1-2 hour flights after having done half a dozen 15+ hour international flights.

Hate running but don't write it out of your life. This coming from a woman who used to say the same as you.

At the very least because you never know when the zombie apocalypse will hit and you need to outrun them. :lol:
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I run across the street when the light is about to change.

I'll run like 3 miles every 2-3 months if I ate too much.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Beer run. Put me down for that.

But don't run back with it. Dangerous.
  • skinnygirldc
    skinnygirldc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    emtjmac wrote: »
    Running is awesome. When you can run 6-7 miles and still feel like you could run 10 more, that's an amazing feeling. Plus, there is nothing like the high you can achieve after some long-slow-distance running short of actually doing drugs.

Uhh...I doubt I will ever experience this. Every minute of running is painful for me. I'll stick with spinning, zumba, elliptical, and hiking.

• cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I am not sure that I hate running, but I definitely hate how I imagine that I look while running! Totally no form!
    I do love swimming, so I swim laps, water jog and take water aerobics twice a week!
  • tiffanyaiv
    tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA!
  • meexwalks
    meexwalks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    <--- not a runner. I get my cardio in by walking, HIIT, or fast paced interval weight training.
  • Teanei
    Teanei Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of running either. I used to enjoy it somewhat. Now, not so much. I still do it though here and there.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    After minor knee surgery many years ago I was told never to run again and I nearly cheered. I hate running. For cardio: spinning, hiking uphill at a fast pace (you can also do a treadmill on incline), cardio strider (similar to an elliptical), stair machine at the gym.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Not a runner here! I have no desire whatsoever to run. I also hate cardio machines. Sooooooooooo BORING. My cardio of choice is Jazzercise and I go as often as possible and try to miss very few classes. I also paddle board (wonderful core workout) and kayak fairly often as I LOVE these activities. And hiking. I live in the mountains so we have awesome places for hiking. Running though.....UGH. No. Unless a bear is chasing me.

NEVER run from a bear! Unless you are with friends, then you just need to run faster than your friends.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I've tried so many programs / apps based on I also hated running until... recommendations with a positive attitude. Nope, I hate running and I'm just not going to ever get on board with the running trend and I'm OK with that.

Cool. More miles for the rest of us.

Personally I loathe being inside gyms.
  • Emmatyan
    Emmatyan Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I hate running too! I can't control my breathing, my heart rate goes up to 180, I immediately have pain under my ribs. And the weather.
    I prefer ellpitical too. When the moves are smooth I don't get pain in my knees or in the sides and the who;le thing is much more in control.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    I'm anti-running, but pro-jogging.

LOL
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    The wheel was invented just for me!! Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Not going to try it again.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Ooooh boy - I tried to like running. I even managed to do a 5k on a treadmill once. I did it twice actually.

Have not ran since.

I still enjoy most forms of cardio though...but running is just horrible.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Can't run, causes serious back and hip pain due to a short leg and twisted spine. Instead I use the elliptical, incline treadmill, stationary bike, or just walking/hiking outside.