No Dough Pizza

Options

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    as written, with no toppings and using full fat everything, sliced to serve 6...

calories 261 / carbs 4 / fat 21 / protein 14 / fiber 1 / sodium 535

Regular Pizza per slice

Calories ~285 / Carbs 36 / Protein 12 / Fibre 2.5 / Sodium 640

So... Why not just eat the flippin' pizza?
  • dixielawgirl
    dixielawgirl Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    ^^this, but I'm interested to try it anyway!
  • missanagarcia
    Options
    bump for later. thank you
  • ChelseaM8726
    ChelseaM8726 Posts: 117
    Options
    bump
  • hlsc
    hlsc Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Found another one with cauliflower crust...sounds odd, but it's YUMMY!!

Sweet Potato, Goat Cheese and Kale Pizza

Cauliflower Crust

2 cups cauliflower, grated or food processed into rice size pieces

1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated

1 egg, beaten

1 garlic clove, minced

1 tsp. oregano

1. Coat a cookie sheet with a thin layer of olive oil.

2. Spread grated cauliflower across oil-glazed cookie sheet and bake in oven at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes.

3. In a bowl, mix cauliflower, cheese, egg, garlic and oregano until well combined and dough-like in texture.

4. Spread mixture onto a parchment paper-covered pizza pan and create a circular crust. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes.

Toppings

1 sweet potato, medium-sized

2 cups kale leaves, chopped

2 tbs. goat cheese, crumbled

2 garlic cloves, minced or smashed and chopped

pinch of salt

1. Bake sweet potato in oven at 400 degrees for 1 hour, or until well done.

2. Heat 1 tbs. of olive oil in frying pan and saute kale until wilted, about 5 minutes. Set aside.

3. Remove sweet potato from skin and mix in a bowl with salt.

4. Spread sweet potato mash onto pizza crust and top with garlic.

5. Sprinkle goat cheese and kale on top of potato layer.

6. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.

7. Let cool for 5 minutes. Slice, serve and enjoy.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    no such thing as no dough pizza. lol might wanna change the name to "cheesy mess" or something like that.
    as for the ingredients, you lost me at full fat cream cheese.
    This might taste great, and Im not saying it doesn't, but I dont see how this is any healthier than a normal slice of pizza.
    If you want to make your own "healthy" "pizza"- just use low fat cheese and low sodium sauce and melt it over whole wheat crust. that's it. simple.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    as written, with no toppings and using full fat everything, sliced to serve 6...

calories 261 / carbs 4 / fat 21 / protein 14 / fiber 1 / sodium 535

Regular Pizza per slice

Calories ~285 / Carbs 36 / Protein 12 / Fibre 2.5 / Sodium 640

So... Why not just eat the flippin' pizza?
    Exactly I can make a normal pizza with a base with thise sort of calories so why bother
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Doesn't sound any healthier then regular pizza to me.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I was going to mock this recipe, but you said cream cheese and parmesan
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it with low-fat products yet. Only made it the once to see how it tasted. And 'usually" even when I have regular pizza I try to just have one slice and have veggies and dip or a salad with it. Been trying to eat less refined carbs (ie flour) and this seemed like a good option.

Looking at your weight loss, I would say you're getting it right! My diabetic hubby will LOVE this, and so will I on my restricted carb regime. I'm gonna make this but adapt it. The fats are irrelevant to me at the moment, so I would probably have more than one slice (yummmm......)
    The fact that you have created the pizza "taste" says it all. Who needs dough!!
    PLEASE friend me if you have any more recipes like this!
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I would rather make home made pizza and save myself the overload of cheese and cholesterol from that.

The biggest problem people have with pizza is portions. How many people can stick to only 1 slice?

So based on the actually counting of the the ingredients that is 333 a slice. I can go to Papa Murphy and order a Delite pizza (180 calories per slice) and get 2 slices for the same at this No Dough Pizza.
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Bump. Mmmmmmmmmmm
  • Jokenmit
    Jokenmit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    people seem to be losing the point of this. its not a low fat pizza recipe. its a recipe for people that have gluten allergies or are on a gluten/carb restricted diet. hence the "no dough" if you don't have restriction, you don't have to eat it...but please don't slam it. it was posted as an alternative for people that want pizza but can't eat it because of the gluten. geez.
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump...I love trying new recipes
  • Jokenmit
    Jokenmit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    no such thing as no dough pizza. lol might wanna change the name to "cheesy mess" or something like that.
    as for the ingredients, you lost me at full fat cream cheese.
    This might taste great, and Im not saying it doesn't, but I dont see how this is any healthier than a normal slice of pizza.
    If you want to make your own "healthy" "pizza"- just use low fat cheese and low sodium sauce and melt it over whole wheat crust. that's it. simple.

I didn't say it was healthier...I put the recipe here as an OPTION for people who can't eat pizza because of gluten and can't eat crust made with flour.
  • pnuthaymama
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to try it. Low carb is definitely the way to go. I find it hilarious to read the different posts from the non-low carb people. Especially the one from someone quoting that "regular" pizza only has 36 carbs!!! and to just eat a slice of pizza! That's more carbs than I eat most days. Comparing apples to oranges to compare low calorie to low carb!

It sound delicious. Thx
  • ELENA01
    ELENA01 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Do you know what the sugar content is per slice? Thanks for the recipe. I am on low carbs daily intake, but want to only have 1 gr sugar per meal as I do not want it to impact my blood sugar level.
  • kidzerrn
    kidzerrn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    bump
    I also make one with cauliflower as the crust! YUM
  • hhkeith0
    Options
    bump sounds amazing
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    :huh: No dough?

Cream cheese for crust? Sounds high calorie.