My 20 pound "Bulk" log (also life changing)

Options

Replies

• seifofficiale
    seifofficiale Posts: 95 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Today is a pull day! one of my favorites!

Also my first year of engineering college report is coming out in a couple of hours, wish me good luck!!!
  • seifofficiale
    Options
    So my report came out and i passed my first year in college!

Also done with my workout and almost done with my macros, only 700 calories left.
    Tomorrow I'll weight myself and update.
  • nerdygymrat9
    nerdygymrat9 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread in the forums! Congratulations man that is great! First year of college is rough for sure, was my worst year so far. Going into my senior year now. How's the bulk coming along (current weight and all that)?
  • seifofficiale
    Options
    Just found this thread in the forums! Congratulations man that is great! First year of college is rough for sure, was my worst year so far. Going into my senior year now. How's the bulk coming along (current weight and all that)?

Yeah it was a rough year tbh! Good luck to u!
    The bulk is going good so far, my current weight is over 158lbs atm which i find to be great! My lifts are also going up every other week. gonna post my max in every lift later on!
    cheers
  • nerdygymrat9
    Options

Yeah it was a rough year tbh! Good luck to u!
    The bulk is going good so far, my current weight is over 158lbs atm which i find to be great! My lifts are also going up every other week. gonna post my max in every lift later on!
    cheers

Yeah freshman year is very hard, especially with work and friends and all that; it is hard to find time to work out. Not to mention the freshman 15 haha! I gained that and then another 10 pounds! Wish I had spent more time committed to working out then eating "fat sandwiches" as they are known at my school. But good for you trying to make it a priority in your life.

So you've gained a few pound in the last couple of weeks? That is good man! I look forward to seeing how you progress in this thread. And a lot of the people commenting here are also MFP friends of mine and they really know what they are talking about so definitely listen to them :smile:
  • seifofficiale
    Options

Yeah freshman year is very hard, especially with work and friends and all that; it is hard to find time to work out. Not to mention the freshman 15 haha! I gained that and then another 10 pounds! Wish I had spent more time committed to working out then eating "fat sandwiches" as they are known at my school. But good for you trying to make it a priority in your life.

So you've gained a few pound in the last couple of weeks? That is good man! I look forward to seeing how you progress in this thread. And a lot of the people commenting here are also MFP friends of mine and they really know what they are talking about so definitely listen to them :smile:

yeah i did! this is what keeps me going..me too can't wait for time to pass haha!
    yeah man i am now following a workout routine given by one!
    cheers
  • seifofficiale
    Options
    Day 34!

Push Day
    Squats (5x5)
    Flat bench press(3x8)
    Leg press(3x8)
    Incline dumbbell flyes(3x10)
    Military press(3x8)
    Calves(3x10)
    Tricep cable pushdowns(3x10)
    Dips(2x10)
  • seifofficiale
    Options
    Done with the workout, struggling to get my cals in today, but let's do itt
  • nerdygymrat9
    Options

Great job dude! You should open your diary so people can see where you are at an help you out with food suggestions!
  • seifofficiale
    Options

Great job dude! You should open your diary so people can see where you are at an help you out with food suggestions!

alright man, will start doing that from tomorrow! cheers
  • benjam2421
    benjam2421 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i know the pain of going from 145-170 then 170-195
    good shoulder warm up anything from diesel strength is good for warm ups
  • seifofficiale
    Options
    benjam2421 wrote: »
    i know the pain of going from 145-170 then 170-195
    good shoulder warm up anything from diesel strength is good for warm ups

it's the pain of bulking anyway haha! but yeah, gets even harder at a higher weight.
  • seifofficiale
    Options
    just made a 1530 calorie shake! lifesavers!!
    so today was a rest day, and just got done with my macro..can't wait to hit the gym tomorrow, feeling motivated!
  • nerdygymrat9
    Options
    Holy crap that is a DENSE shake lol. What is in it?
  • seifofficiale
    Options
    Holy crap that is a DENSE shake lol. What is in it?

whole milk, peanut butter, almonds, oats, honey, eggs, bananas!
    yeah i know..it's a lifesaver man haha!
  • nerdygymrat9
    Options
    Wow that is a lot of stuff! Haha, ever consider making one of these with whey protein?
  • seifofficiale
    Options
    Wow that is a lot of stuff! Haha, ever consider making one of these with whey protein?

I take my whey alone with water after workout, cuz I don't really like it with milk haha
    I hate the taste of that 1.5k shake, but i just have to do it ;d
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    so today was a rest day, and just got done with my macro..can't wait to hit the gym tomorrow, feeling motivated!

So if today had been another Pull day instead of rest day, how are muscles recovering so far for the pull muscles?
    Soreness gone by this point, or still enough to recovery from?
  • seifofficiale
    Options
    heybales wrote: »

So if today had been another Pull day instead of rest day, how are muscles recovering so far for the pull muscles?
    Soreness gone by this point, or still enough to recovery from?

It would have been okay, but i just had to take it rest because i had some stuff to work on.
  • seifofficiale
    Options
    Day 37
    159lbs

today is a pull day and i am also happy to say that my weight this morning went up to 159! woohaa