Protein Bars

Options

Replies

• bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Just tried the apple cinnamon zero bar from myprotein... not usually a fan of apple cinnamon anything but it's actually pretty good.
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I couldn't find quest bars in my walmart. I decided to try Pure Protein bars. I had a chocolate one last night and it tasted really good to me. On the plus side, if I'm craving chocolate, they make a great substitute. I can adjust my macros once the weight is mostly off. Right now, though, I just need to stay within my calories without feeling hungry all of the time.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    PureProtein and Quest are my favorite.
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Having tried a lot of different ones over the last few years Quest are the only one I use now. Love them!
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    After ready so many threads about quest bars I decided to have one for breakfast today. I had the cinnamon. Not only does it have 20 grams of protein but it was very good!! Yum!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I couldn't find quest bars in my walmart. I decided to try Pure Protein bars. I had a chocolate one last night and it tasted really good to me. On the plus side, if I'm craving chocolate, they make a great substitute. I can adjust my macros once the weight is mostly off. Right now, though, I just need to stay within my calories without feeling hungry all of the time.

I don't think Walmart carries the quest line. You may have to pop into a GNC or Vitamin Shoppe for the brand.
  • macr0babe
    macr0babe Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

I don't think Walmart carries the quest line. You may have to pop into a GNC or Vitamin Shoppe for the brand.

Surprisingly Whole Foods carries some of the Quest varieties for cheaper than GNC. We got my tub of multipurpose protein powder for $30. It was closer to $50 at GNC.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,636 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

Or pop into a gas station convenience store. My local Arco and Shell stations carry a few bar flavors.
  • RebeccaD22
    RebeccaD22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    EPIC BARS!
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Quest. I bought a variety pack and tried several flavors. Strawberry cheesecake, peanut butter and jelly, and coconut cashew are my favorites. I thought the banana nut muffin flavor was disgusting. I highly recommend a variety pack to figure out which ones you like best.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I like NuGo Dark (Chocolate Pretzel With Sea Salt), NuGo Slim, Pure Protein, and Luna Protein.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    MetRX Prime bars are nutritionally similar to Quest and generally cheaper. Simple Truth (Kroger) Protein Bars are less than a buck and have decent macros as well.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Quest Coconut Cashew ... NOMNOMNOM!
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    If you want protein, stick with Chicken and Quest Bars. You won't find Quest Bars at a Walmart though. Amazon, GNC, Vita... World/Planet, etc...
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Cliff bars are ok (peanut butter). Put they are all a massive disapointment taste wise compared to your favourite chocolate bar.
  • steph2strong
    steph2strong Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I love Quest Bars. Cookies and Cream is my favourite followed by Double Chocolate Chunk.... I've never seen the mint chocolate bar that people keep referring to though and I'd love to try it! I get my bars from GNC, Where are the mint??
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    fernt21 wrote: »
    I love Quest Bars. Cookies and Cream is my favourite followed by Double Chocolate Chunk.... I've never seen the mint chocolate bar that people keep referring to though and I'd love to try it! I get my bars from GNC, Where are the mint??

My gnc had a few mint in stock but not a box. I had ordered mine directly from quest.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    JMC3Terp wrote: »
    If you want protein, stick with Chicken and Quest Bars. You won't find Quest Bars at a Walmart though. Amazon, GNC, Vita... World/Planet, etc...

Whole Foods has some now, and I will have to confirm this but according to the local Smith's/Kroger ad they have them now too! Though GNC with the Gold Card is still the best bet for buying a whole case.
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    fernt21 wrote: »

I bought my Mint off of Amazon. I wasn't a big fan.

BUT I LOVE C&C and Double Chocolate Chunk. Though I rank them in reverse order :P
    ...Though GNC with the Gold Card is still the best bet for buying a whole case.

how cheap would that be? I usually buy mine on Amazon.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I like the Quest bars, but they are expensive.

I also really like the Pure protein peanut butter/caramel. And i like the mint chocolate chip Cliff Builder's Bars.