I owe it all to my dog

Options

Replies

• NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I can't get my photo to attach but there is a pic in my profile of my dog, Roxie, kayaking with me. She goes with me regularly! I've tried her on my paddle board but she was restless so that will have to wait until my balance is a little more developed and sure. :) I love all the dog photos/posts!
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    My girl Sophie passed away about two weeks ago; it used to really annoy me when she'd want 4 walks a night, or to go out every 90 minutes on the weekends ("I forgot to sniff something, can we go back out to make sure it's still there?"), but right now I really miss it. Evening walks were always a nice way to clear my head. I miss my running coach!

You have my sympathies on your loss. My old guy passed away a week ago today. I'm lost without the routine of walking him several times a day.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    He's the only reason I do cardio.

614e7e1d-d685-45b3-81cf-0d770e66ef11.jpg
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I am totally loving all these dog photos. So heartwarming to see the love for these animals from the MFP family. My corgi mix (above), when in the forest, picks up these logs--these are not sticks, mind you, but LOGS--and carries them for a long ways. I don't understand that compulsion to have her mouth open about 90 degrees, can't breathe right because this huge thing is in her mouth...but she does it all the time. I say it's her version of "lifting heavy" and it motivates me to lift as well as walk!
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    My girl Sophie passed away about two weeks ago; it used to really annoy me when she'd want 4 walks a night, or to go out every 90 minutes on the weekends ("I forgot to sniff something, can we go back out to make sure it's still there?"), but right now I really miss it. Evening walks were always a nice way to clear my head. I miss my running coach!

I very sorry for your loss. We just found out last week our 13 year old beagle Pete has terminal cancer. We've been through a lot together and it's tough knowing what's coming. He's always been one to have to stop 25 times to pee or chase a squirrel so he was never an ideal running partner. Plus, he prances more than runs but he is still my Petey Pete.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    They're all so cute! My girl does not run with me. She's an 8 year old English Mastiff with hip issues. But, I just want to share a pic... Antigone Grace

8n9kh6ly56dw.jpg

• ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options

OMG, what a cutie. I would totally cardio for that face. <3
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options

hugs
  • theSophiemeister
    theSophiemeister Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks all :( Sorry to hear that about Pete, @ladybg81

s1fivfijbw7n.jpg
    Sophie Meister ready for a run!

szh1o5qyec3o.jpg
    She was quite the happy camper after hikes or runs!
  • oldcargirl62
    oldcargirl62 Posts: 80 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    [quote=Sadly my dog, Raymond, doesn't have the ability to run in a straight line or to keep moving without peeing for more than 100 yards so we cannot run together. We walk every day but running with him is just dangerous! just thought I'd add a pic of him because he's gorgeous!
    [/quote]

korhd2uwnahq.jpg

Raymond is very handsome! When my Angus and Pork Chop aren't lounging, both are a tripping hazard to run with! Apparently herding dogs do better at running. Any workout on the floor is rather challenging! At least the tugs toys and ball wrestling give me some hand and core work.

It's great to see the adorable and loved fur kids. It's hard when they are gone from our world.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I've only taken my fur baby running a few times, but we take lots of long walks. She's just as fit as me! :-)
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    ❤️
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    My dog thinks he's a blanket

xmurym6xda5j.jpg

Stoopid blanket-dog :bigsmile:

ETA and I just took that specially

BEWBIES!!!!
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My cocker spaniel is a sprinter. We run whole blocks but any more than that I struggle to keep up!!!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    For sure!! Animals are very special, I walk my cat.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    @theSophiemeister I have those same running shoes!!

This girl is my cardio buddy. Once I fully recover from a stress fracture, we'll be running down to the river for more swims.
    ferx8q4y6m0c.jpg
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    panchango wrote: »
    Here is Spike. She is too small to run with me, but I have carried her in my bag with me for the last 14 years.

k5bqdijtp915.jpg

Such a cute little dog! I go on holiday with a friend and her tiny furbaby Tia, but I can't run with her because I'm so tall, and shes so tiny, when my arms are up and going, she would be dangling from the end of the lead
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

OMG, what a cutie. I would totally cardio for that face. <3

Thanks. His face looks a bit like a brindle version of your black dog!
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I don't really owe my fitness to him, but he sure likes to keep me company (and keep me safe!) on hikes!!

kdik5qd02z49.jpg
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    JenSD6 wrote: »

You have my sympathies on your loss. My old guy passed away a week ago today. I'm lost without the routine of walking him several times a day.

hugs for you too