getting over a relationship

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,894 Member
    soooo any know the best way to get over a relationship that doesn't include excessive food and booze?!?!? i need all the help i can get - totally amicable but somehow it still hurts???
    I look at it this way............there is someone out there who will always appreciate and love you more than the last person that left.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Time, really. Or antidepressants. :-)

It's tough, but that's really the only way. Even dating other people for me just makes me miss the guy I was with, so that didn't ever work.

Lucky for me, under those circumstances I completely lose my appetite. I do feel for you.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Excessive booze and time!
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Set a personal goal and work toward it. Reward yourself lavishly when you reach it. If you still aren't completely over it, rinse and repeat.
    Right on!
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,622 Member
    Delete them off facebook, delete their phone number, delete their photos from your phone.

I could not move on until I did this. Any time he contacted me, it brought me back to square one. Trust me, cut him out.

Also i find exercise is a great lift for your mood :)
    I personally think you need to get laid, as long as you are not going to cry in the middle of it.

This ^^^
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    It's takes time to get over someone you care deeply about. That being said life is about getting back up after being knock down.

Are you a fighter or a wimp?
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Exercise, friends, keep busy. Create your own new life.
    Remind yourself that you will be ok, that this person wasn't your ideal match but the right one will be out there someday. Everything happens for a reason.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    It's hard but try to keep really busy , even if its stuff like cleaning your house , going for walks , sorting threw closets , etc and also do stuff for yourself, paint your nails, do you hair , get a tan, etc , this stuff makes me feel better .
    Good luck! I know it's hard, but just keep busy and focus on bettering yourself :)
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Delete them off facebook, delete their phone number, delete their photos from your phone.

I could not move on until I did this. Any time he contacted me, it brought me back to square one. Trust me, cut him out.

Me personally, I would not delete their photo and destroy any photos of that person - that is history of your life (a part that is hurtful now) but down the road, it gives you the opportunity to look back on your life and see how far you have come. By all means store the photos away until such time, that is a part of your life that cannot be erased. Delete from Facebook, of course.,
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    grieve your loss
    take time to heal
    focus on your own happiness
    open your mind and heart to allowing someone new in
    live life every day seeking love all around you and new love will come to you
    never give up on believing in yourself and love
    enjoy life and joy will surround you
  • 9chimera11
    9chimera11 Posts: 40 Member
    Go to the gym... hit the weights :D That's the best remedy I had so far.... you finish it feeling stronger and the best part is, at night, you can sleep like a baby :flowerforyou:
  • super_J73
    super_J73 Posts: 257 Member
    Time, girls nights out, delete all ways of contact, delete all old text and emails. Focus on yourself :-)
  • fitjules35
    fitjules35 Posts: 30 Member
    Enjoy being single! Think of the time you will have to do WHATEVER you want. It is the one time in your life when you can totally focus on YOU. go explore your city, plan a trip, take up a new sport or hobby. Have fun!!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Work out like a beast. When you find yourself getting depressed, get off your *kitten*, go to the gym or for a bike ride.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    give yourself one day to have a really good cry. Let it all out and then set a goal and go for it!
  • rhia575
    rhia575 Posts: 212 Member

Definitely this. It helped me a lot after I did this, I would try to get him out of my life, give in and go through months of the same bs and general mind ****ing he put me through. After i cut him out completely it was still hard but i managed. Just keep yourself busy and surround yourself in friends and family (positive people) and find someone who can be "your person" the kind of person you can call at any time when you need a talk, good luck with getting over it
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Definitely agree with deleting them from your social networks and phone, you need a clean break and seeing them is just a reminder of everything you had felt, when your really over them and you feel like you want to be friends you can always contact them again. I'd say pick up a hobby, keep busy and really get into your exercise. Maybe start writing in a journal before you go to bed write down everything you are feeling, that way you are getting it all out in a good way. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Keep busy and definitely obtain a few "new" friends ;) j/k

Just focus on yourself and have fun in the process :) take it as a time to celebrate
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member

All of this.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Get :drinker: and hook up with a good friend.