What One Small Change Made the Biggest Difference?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Weighing my food.

^^^^^THHHIIIIISSSSSS!

Weighing my food made me realize how much I'm truly eating. Also, just learning to love being active helped quite a bit.
  • BeFitBri2
    BeFitBri2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    For me, it was more of a mental thing. For SO long I wanted to be fit and healthy and energetic and workout but for some reason I always came up with an excuse to eat junk food and be lazy. I was unhappy with my body but I never did anything to improve it. So, my small (huge) change was to realize that instead of changing my body because I hated it, I was going to become healthy and change my body because I love it. Once I realized that loving my body helped me to take better care of it, it became so much easier to workout and eat right. Before, I would put myself down and say, "Well I'm never going to look better so I may as well eat all of this junk food." Now I say, "I am reaching so many goals and becoming stronger every day. Fueling my body with healthy food is going to help me reach my goals even faster!"

I also plan my entire day around food/working out. That may sound ridiculous to some but it's helped me beyond belief. I plan out all of my food for each day on the night before and plan what time I'm going to workout as well. "If you fail to prepare, you're prepared to fail." Good luck on your fitness journey!
  • SkiMummy
    SkiMummy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    TiJoGa wrote: »
    Forgiving myself for the imperfect days, accepting they were going happen, and not letting one bad day derail my overall journey.

I love this one :-)

And my own would be my fitbit - it forces me to be realistic about how much I am moving, and constantly reminds me to keep going.

• rebbylicious
    rebbylicious Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Knowing that I don't have to be 100% healthy and allow myself to have things that I want as long as I work it off. I don't have to have all or nothing mentality. Slower change but change nonetheless!
  • catherinemorrow7
    catherinemorrow7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not eating after 7 PM or two hours before bed!! Helped me a lot.
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I totally changed my diet (as in what you eat, not what you do to loose weight). There will be many people who voice up to tell you that you don't have to stop eating your favorite foods. You just have to east less of it blah, blah, blah... blah, blah. And that is true. I've lost weight that way. But it was HARD. I mean the pizza is only partly eaten... there's another slice right there... Mom brought home donuts, sure i can eat just one (or 4). And of course I can't live without X, Y or Z...

Screw it. Why deal with having to resist those foods or only having 5 bites when there's 20 in the bowl? I set a formula for myself. 4oz of lean meat, 2 servings of veggies. I eat 4 times a day. My meals are 300-350. and yes you can look and see that i eat ice cream but it's not the ice cream that I used to eat. The amount of energy I have is amazing and it's really hard not to be happy.

My point is that because I changed what I was eating I don't have cravings for the food I used to eat. My mother can bring in donuts and I'm not even tempted. I watch tv commercials and feel nothing. I don't need a bite so I can savor it. This is the third I've tried loosing weight and this time has been the easiest by far in regards to food.