What are you having for dinner tonight?

Options
pandorakick
pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
I was thinking of making a dish consisting of sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, onions, carrots and garlic, tossed with some olive oil, fresh rosemary, salt, pepper and a smidge of cayenne. Then roast it all in the oven for about 45 minutes and serve with sausages.

What are you having for dinner tonight? :drinker:

Replies

• amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    That sounds lovely.
    Im either having thai red turkey meatball curry, chicken stuffed with feta and roasted sweet potatos or fish with many a roasted vegetable. Havent decided yet.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Irish lamb stew - lamb, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, thyme and of course Guinness :-)
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Tonight is whatever my MIL is making.

But here is my menu plan for the week :

Monday : Turkey Taco Salad, heavy on the vegetables... Topped with ranch, no cheese, extra spicy. Lots of fresh cilantro.

Tuesday : Grilled chicken in a Thai sauce, with grilled peppers, onions, and potato

Wednesday : Leftovers

Thursday : no Yolk pasta in a creamy rose sauce, with seasoned ground turkey, red onion, green pepper, celery, mushrooms.

Friday : BBQ chicken, grilled veggies.
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Sweet corn soup and some salad and some chicken!
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Well since it's Father's Day, I'm grilling chicken breast marinated in bbq sauce. My family wants mashed potatoes for the side and I'm having grilled zucchini :-)
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Water!
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Just had kimchi jjigae (김치찌개) and rice.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm having Orange-Baked ham, Roasted green beans & easy corn casserole
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Haven't decided yet, but it will likely be some sort of salad out of my garden. The lettuce is bountiful right now and I have lots of goodies to add to it. :)
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of making meatloaf with either rice or salad or maybe both. We'll see what happens
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm making a Polish Reuben Casserole, fresh squash from the garden (I will bake-saw a recipe on Pinterest). I'm not sure how much of the casserole I will eat. I will make a salad with avocado, tom, hard boiled egg, cucumber (from garden) and some spinach (from garden).

I'm also making Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of making a dish consisting of sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, onions, carrots and garlic, tossed with some olive oil, fresh rosemary, salt, pepper and a smidge of cayenne. Then roast it all in the oven for about 45 minutes and serve with sausages.

What are you having for dinner tonight? :drinker:

My mom makes that exact same thing!! Minus the spices...not sure which one she uses. Probably just salt and pepper lol
  • JankaLee
    JankaLee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have been craving a roast chicken dinner all week! So, I bought a lovely 5lb chicken will be oven roasting it and making some mashed potatoes, gravy , and brussel sprouts on the side. Oh man..so excited lol
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Shrimp and scallops with sweet chili ginger sauce.
  • JankaLee
    JankaLee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Shrimp and scallops with sweet chili ginger sauce.

I would love to have that recipe!
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Cod mornay fish cakes with side salad, then strawberries for dessert. My OH will have cream with his but I'm forgoing that in favour of a glass of wine :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,701 Member
    Options
    It's mid afternoon and I have over 1200 calories leftover due to big cardio workout. Might have a bit of a blowout tonight with ribs and beer.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I made a new dish today, much to the concern of my family. When I have these moments of wanting to try something new, it isn't always successful, however, this time it was a winner. I took the recipe from a local German cooking magazine. I made Hähnchen-Blumenkohl-Curry (Chicken and Cauliflower Curry) served on a bed of Basmati rice, with mango sauce and my newly made (experimental again) Greek yogurt. My kids ate their's in a flour tortilla wrap as apposed to Naan bread. Very yummy indeed :happy:

Oh, and I also made (for the 1st time) strawberry smoothie for dessert, adding the frozen whey from the homemade Greek yogurt, again yummy. I added Chia seeds to my serving.

I've found since being on mfp and browsing the various recipes and suggestions put forward I have a new found interest in trying new foods. Keep them coming, love reading them.
  • ohheyitsfelicity
    Options
    Since it's Father's Day, I'm going to my sister's for dinner. We're having Chicken Cacciatore (but I'll be just eating some tomato sauce, boneless skinless chicken and brown rice since I'm gluten free), Caesar salad without croutons and probably some veggie sticks.