What are you having for dinner tonight?

Options
2»

Replies

• amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I made a new dish today, much to the concern of my family. When I have these moments of wanting to try something new, it isn't always successful, however, this time it was a winner. I took the recipe from a local German cooking magazine. I made Hähnchen-Blumenkohl-Curry (Chicken and Cauliflower Curry) served on a bed of Basmati rice, with mango sauce and my newly made (experimental again) Greek yogurt. My kids ate their's in a flour tortilla wrap as apposed to Naan bread. Very yummy indeed :happy:

Oh, and I also made (for the 1st time) strawberry smoothie for dessert, adding the frozen whey from the homemade Greek yogurt, again yummy. I added Chia seeds to my serving.

I've found since being on mfp and browsing the various recipes and suggestions put forward I have a new found interest in trying new foods. Keep them coming, love reading them.

Recipe tip if you want it.....you can make delicious frozen yoghurt by adding frozen berries to greek yog, blending in the food mixer and putting back in the freezer for half an hour :)
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna grill some cod. gonna marinate it now/. This should be interesting. fresh basil and parsley from out back.... olive oil, minced garlic, a dash of mustard, some run and ortanique liqueur. i'm out of lemons or limes....
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    its fathers day, so he wants rib eyes corn, potato salad and fruit salad. i'm having a 4oz filet, the fruit salad and corn and some green beans. it should be good.
  • duluthian
    duluthian Posts: 69
    Options
    Steak and shrimp on the grill and a big ol' salad - mmmmmmmmmmm :smile:
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken with mango salsa, and grilled corn salad :)
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Oh and since it's fathers day I made nutella brownies haven't decided if I will indulge yet or not !! :)
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Gosh, it sounds great!
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I made a new dish today, much to the concern of my family. When I have these moments of wanting to try something new, it isn't always successful, however, this time it was a winner. I took the recipe from a local German cooking magazine. I made Hähnchen-Blumenkohl-Curry (Chicken and Cauliflower Curry) served on a bed of Basmati rice, with mango sauce and my newly made (experimental again) Greek yogurt. My kids ate their's in a flour tortilla wrap as apposed to Naan bread. Very yummy indeed :happy:

Oh, and I also made (for the 1st time) strawberry smoothie for dessert, adding the frozen whey from the homemade Greek yogurt, again yummy. I added Chia seeds to my serving.

I've found since being on mfp and browsing the various recipes and suggestions put forward I have a new found interest in trying new foods. Keep them coming, love reading them.

Recipe tip if you want it.....you can make delicious frozen yoghurt by adding frozen berries to greek yog, blending in the food mixer and putting back in the freezer for half an hour :)

Will definitely try this, thanks.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I am having Turkey sausages, not sure about the side yet though, maybe just 2 sausages. Boyfriend and daughter are having hot dogs. Its father's day and he wants them!!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna grill some cod. gonna marinate it now/. This should be interesting. fresh basil and parsley from out back.... olive oil, minced garlic, a dash of mustard, some run and ortanique liqueur. i'm out of lemons or limes....

it was yummy.. the fish could have used a spritz of lime but was really good. i did a little thing of potato, onion and pepper, lined up vertically and coated in celery salt, almond milk and red cow reggiano... really tasty... and an ear of corn.. mmmm.. toss in a salad with lite dressing, tomato, pickle and hot pepper and some cranberry relish and I came out at 663 cals..
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I had ice cream for dinner.
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Turkey Sloppy Jose' on Oraweat Sandwich 100% Whole Wheat thins with a little finely shredded cheddar cheese. I prefer mine openface!