Chocolate substitutes

Options

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Better chocolate. Seriously. Nothing quenches my craving for chocolate than one square of high cocoa chocolate rather than a full bar of crappy Hershey's or something.

What brands do you favor?
    Lindt is one of my faves, and it's easily available. Which might actually be a bad thing :)

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Another Dove fan. Dark chocolate with sea salt and caramel. 38 calories each. Work it into my daily calories. Been doing this for 3 years now. 19 months on maintenance. Sustainable changes for life. The best advice I can give. Don't give up the things you really love. Work it into your daily calories. It works for me.
  • asianfashionista86
    asianfashionista86 Posts: 5,039 Member
    Options
    garreight wrote: »
    I keep Dove dark chocolate squares on hand. They are really good and a couple of them satisfies my chocolate craving. Nothing beats having the real thing.

I agree completely
  • asianfashionista86
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Interestingly, I wasn't a big chocolate eater until I lost wait. Now I crave it constantly. So I eat a lot of chocolate now...chocolate covered nuts, chocolate squares, chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate ice cream, chocolate frozen yogurt ....
    Lmao wow that's unfortunate but delicious
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Better chocolate. Seriously. Nothing quenches my craving for chocolate than one square of high cocoa chocolate rather than a full bar of crappy Hershey's or something.

^^Yup^^
  • asianfashionista86
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice Tea with milk & sugar

"Splurge" on the diet hot chocolate, find one that's at least 50 calories. The 25 calorie one looks like a science experiment.....it never mixes together (just weird).

I like chocolate PB2 mixed in vanilla Greek yogurt.

Chocolate shredded wheat is good too.

Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares. These babies are individually wrapped. More chocolate ...... less sugar.

I keep hearing about this diet hot chocolate what is it?
  • asianfashionista86
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    I refuse to curb or restrict chocolate. As far as I'm concerned, I don't see the point in "artificially" restricting certain foods. Then again, I go for very dark (70% or better cocoa) so the higher fiber content mitigates carb/fat load

Ok so any suggestions?
  • asianfashionista86
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    dark chocolate is full of awesome nutrition.

So I've heard from about everyone on this thread lol
  • asianfashionista86
    Options

Lindt is one of my faves, and it's easily available. Which might actually be a bad thing :)

It's just your mind telling you to just have one that's hard to work on
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm down with the sugar free fudgesicles. If I need something not cold I'll eat the chocolate PB2 on these crunchy things called pop cakes. The popcake tastes like nothing but it is a crunchy vehicle to get the pb2 in my mouth.You can eat like 2 tbs of the PB2 for 45 calories and the pop cakes are like 15 each.
  • asianfashionista86
    Options
    I
    I'm down with the sugar free fudgesicles. If I need something not cold I'll eat the chocolate PB2 on these crunchy things called pop cakes. The popcake tastes like nothing but it is a crunchy vehicle to get the pb2 in my mouth.You can eat like 2 tbs of the PB2 for 45 calories and the pop cakes are like 15 each.

isnt pb2 the powdered version of peanut butter ?
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Arbonne Fit Chews. Or any type of Quest bar

A quest bar is a protein bar basically right?

OMG! Yes, it's a protein bar, but it is soooooo good! I suggest chocolate chip cookie dough. I eat one at least once a day!
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I find oftentimes that drinking chocolate flavoured tea helps the chocolate cravings. David's Tea just came out with one called Dark Chocolate Delight and may I say, it is delightful. 5 calories a cup assuming you use 1 1/4 tsp per cup of water. If I still want chocolate after eating a healthy meal or snack, I keep some lindt balls in the back of my freezer.
  • asianfashionista86
    Options
    I

Jackie9950 wrote: »

OMG! Yes, it's a protein bar, but it is soooooo good! I suggest chocolate chip cookie dough. I eat one at least once a day!

I'll have to try that do I get it at gnc?
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I

Jackie9950 wrote: »

I'll have to try that do I get it at gnc?

I get mine at Hyvee
  • annavalente
    annavalente Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    If I'm low on calories I'll have a sugar free fudge-sicle (40 calories) or a "diet" hot chocolate (25 calories) in the winter. But I also eat regular old chocolate cake and candy bars so... Meh. Make it fit.

Fudge-sicle...what is one of these?! They sound like heaven!
  • asianfashionista86
    Options
    I find oftentimes that drinking chocolate flavoured tea helps the chocolate cravings. David's Tea just came out with one called Dark Chocolate Delight and may I say, it is delightful. 5 calories a cup assuming you use 1 1/4 tsp per cup of water. If I still want chocolate after eating a healthy meal or snack, I keep some lindt balls in the back of my freezer.

I hope teavana sells that too but it's way too hot for summer lol
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options

Ditto. I let a little piece dissolve in my mouth until it is all gone. I can make 70 calories worth of Ghiradelli semi-sweet chocolate chips last 45 minutes and I am totally over wanting chocolate by the time I'm done.

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options

Exactly. It is a protein bar. They have great flavors like S'Mores, Chocolate Chunk and more that satisfy my craving for chocolate in a healthy way
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options

It's just your mind telling you to just have one that's hard to work on

Could be a magnesium deficiency.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2721369/What-choccy-cravings-trying-tell-not-mention-yearning-cheese-meat-rice.html

...Chocolate is rich in magnesium, so strong cravings could indicate a deficiency in a mineral vital for your skin and hair.

What’s more, levels of the mineral drop during the second half of your menstrual cycle, suggesting a possible link with many of the symptoms of PMS.

‘Drinking too much alcohol, tea, coffee and fizzy drinks can also deplete levels of magnesium,’ says Nicola Lowe, professor of nutritional sciences at the University of Central Lancashire.

TRY: If it has to be chocolate, opt for one that contains at least 75 per cent cocoa, as this will contain more magnesium and less sugar.

Nuts are actually a richer source, particularly Brazils. Leafy green veg are also good, as are brown rice, wholemeal bread, and pumpkin seeds — though not quite so moreish.

If you’re a chocoholic and suffer from PMS symptoms such as irritability, headaches, cramps and bloating, it may be worth trying a magnesium supplement

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2721369/What-choccy-cravings-trying-tell-not-mention-yearning-cheese-meat-rice.html#ixzz3e6GMREqK