Crazy miserable
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    on a scale of 1-10.

• fishcat123
    fishcat123 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Ughhhhh. I'd miss it like crazy - both the caffeine and also just the taste and smell.

But if a doctor suggested that I do it for medical reasons, I would - good health is worth some uncomfortable mornings.
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Extremely miserable. I drink for pre-workout purposes as well as I just love it. The house is quiet and no one else is up, I do my morning alone thing with coffee & then get on with the day.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Coffee triggers the need for biscuits and cake so I'd be miserable but lighter!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I could do it, I'd replace it with herbal teas..... but I wouldn't want to and I don't see the need to give it up...
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Not miserable at all... I would go back to my red cans (Cokes) though, lol.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    It'd feel really weird because it's part of my morning routine. Up at 7am - coffee. At work at 8:15 - more coffee. Getting hungry by 11am - coffee.

Without it I'd probably be more likely to eat food I don't really want, or go for Diet Coke which makes me burpy and I'm pretty sure is worse for my teeth.
  • jonsmithkidd
    jonsmithkidd Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I would not only be miserable, I'd be pretty ill through the withdrawal symptoms. I would likely fall asleep at work and I would also probably eat more. Glad I don't have to face this month of hell!
  • SunflowerSandra
    SunflowerSandra Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Why would I want to? I drink mine black, no calories and healthy for you. I only drink water, green or herbal tea, black coffee and alcohol. I'd have to replace it with cocktails to get me through the day! That won't do me much good :)
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I think I would have to buy my own private island to live on because no one would be able to live with me.

b77dnhx4di7k.jpg
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I was a daily coffee drinker from around 13 years old until I quit at 31. By the end I was drinking 20oz of coffee that was basically sludge, super super strong.
    Because of severe indigestion issues, I decided to swap it out for caffeinated black tea and it's been 2 years. It was rough, but I've had one tiny cup in those years and dealt with immediate stomach pain again.
  • Sho0gy_D
    Sho0gy_D Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I work nights, so coffee and energy drinks were something I needed to stay awake for years. Now, it's basically just getting enough sleep and walking around whenever I get tired. I think I can manage without coffee.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Extremely. I wouldn't do it.
    Edit: Yeah I'd get over it after a bit. But I still wouldn't do it.

Yeah. Two words - caffeine withdrawal.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    Just thinking about giving up coffee gives me a raging headaches and the heavy sads. I am down to only 1 cup of coffee each day (sometimes I may have 2 just depends what I have going on). I would never give up coffee completely unless I had to for some medical reason and I would not be happy about it. I would be like the Incredible Hulk for at least a week.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'd be miserable but I wouldn't like it.

Last night my daughter challenged me to a day with no coffee in exchange for her behaving for a full day. Lolololol.
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I would probably end up in jail for murder. I gave it up for Lent one year and after about 3 days my family came to me with a big cup and held an intervention. I guess I'm not too pleasant when I withdraw. o:)
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I would be fine.

I'm not very caffeine sensitive so I don't get the energy from it, at all. I just enjoy making mine sweet with Splenda and a few creamers..... almost like chocolate milk, lol.
  • palmettoadventurer
    palmettoadventurer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I had to for a little over two months when I was in basic training, over a decade ago. It was a miserable experience, and I am not ever going to do it again.

Actually, if you take the coffee intravenously, it doesn't count as drinking it, right? I could drink nothing but plain water for a month if that's the case. I know medics.
  • LightbulbSeven
    LightbulbSeven Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    If you had to give up your coffee for an entire month and could only replace it with plain water how miserable would you be?

Not sure because I might be unconscious the entire month.