I'm losing confidence in TDEE, please help :(

Options
2»

Replies

• laccy40
    laccy40 Posts: 136
    Options
    For those who say 2lb doesn't make your clothes tighter - I disagree. My waist can swell an inch or more depending on what I'm eating and that makes a difference to how I feel. But I know it is just water weight or bloating, not fat because I'm not eating 3500 calories extra, so it annoys me but doesn't deter me.

For those who say the answer is to eat less because you're not a 20 year old, I used to maintain at 1200 calories. I now maintain at 2000 calories. I am 43, i don't do cardio (which would let me eat a lot more ) but I do lift weights that are heavy for me. I 'repaired my metabolism' which allows me to eat at normal levels without gaining weight. Right now, I am repairing years of damage caused by low calorie diets by focusing on fat loss and gaining muscle.

OP, the tightness in your clothes isn't in your head, but the answer isn't to cut calories either. You need to give it time to work, that's all.:smile:
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    For those who say 2lb doesn't make your clothes tighter - I disagree. My waist can swell an inch or more depending on what I'm eating and that makes a difference to how I feel. But I know it is just water weight or bloating, not fat because I'm not eating 3500 calories extra, so it annoys me but doesn't deter me.

For those who say the answer is to eat less because you're not a 20 year old, I used to maintain at 1200 calories. I now maintain at 2000 calories. I am 43, i don't do cardio (which would let me eat a lot more ) but I do lift weights that are heavy for me. I 'repaired my metabolism' which allows me to eat at normal levels without gaining weight. Right now, I am repairing years of damage caused by low calorie diets by focusing on fat loss and gaining muscle.

OP, the tightness in your clothes isn't in your head, but the answer isn't to cut calories either. You need to give it time to work, that's all.:smile:

That's great that you can eat 2000 but I know for a fact I would gain if I consistently ate 2000 per day.