Doing one hour workout daily but still not lossing weight

Options

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    rashmi9425 wrote: »
    Thanks all..i will try to eat more..then see result..hoping for best..

<sigh> That's what you got out of all this?
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    If you weigh in the morning and evening, the difference in the scale is the actual weight of the food/liquids you consumed over the day. It's not a true weight gain. Weigh yourself weekly, at the same time of day.

Measure/weigh your food (don't eyeball it), so that you know you are eating within your calories.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing. You're 62 kg. How tall are you? I'm concerned about what some others have said - you need more variety in your diet. It sounds like mostly carbs. Where are the fats and protein? Also, less than 1200 cal is too low. How long have you been eating like this? I can't imagine feeling very good with just eating the foods you listed. 2 weeks is not long, on the other hand eating what you've been eating for 2 weeks (assuming that's all you eat) is too long.

• MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    You want to lose very little. Depending on where you are on the healthy BMI scale, it may take a while to lose the last few pounds if you want to lose fat and not muscle. :) On some places on the healthy scale, you can do 2lbs of loss a week. Near the bottom, only half a pound a week. Fat can only mobilize so fast, and how much you can burn depends on how much you have.
  • rashmi9425
    rashmi9425 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing. You're 62 kg. How tall are you? I'm concerned about what some others have said - you need more variety in your diet. It sounds like mostly carbs. Where are the fats and protein? Also, less than 1200 cal is too low. How long have you been eating like this? I can't imagine feeling very good with just eating the foods you listed. 2 weeks is not long, on the other hand eating what you've been eating for 2 weeks (assuming that's all you eat) is too long.

My height is 5 feet 2 inches, morning daily mostly i eat oats with some veg and 250 ml slim milk, lunch dosa and fruit bowl or sometime rice as a replacement,snacks tym i dnt feel hungry so i have 1 apple or lemon tea. dinner either 3 roti with curry or brown rice with some veg..morning i ate egg sometime..
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing everything you eat?
  • rashmi9425
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Currenty my weight is 62..
    Morning -oats, slim milk
    Lunch- dosa or one bowl brown rice
    Snacks- apple
    Dinner- 3 roti or brown rice or millet
    M i eating less???

Sounds really low on protein. Are you a vegetarian? Do you eat eggs?

I eat egg, do i hav to have it daily???
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    So how much do you eat:
    40 g (approx 1/2 cup) dry oats = 150 calories
    80 g (approx 1 cup) dry oats = 300 calories
    And if you aren't weighing your food, then it's possible that your having more like 160/170 calories for half a cup.

1 bowl rice is pretty much an unknown.
    185 g (approx 1 cup) brown rice uncooked = 684 calories
    Say you ate half of that and your still at 342 calories.

Honestly looks like you need to become more accurate with your logging.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjKPIcI51lU&amp;feature=youtu.be
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options

My height is 5 feet 2 inches, morning daily mostly i eat oats with some veg and 250 ml slim milk, lunch dosa and fruit bowl or sometime rice as a replacement,snacks tym i dnt feel hungry so i have 1 apple or lemon tea. dinner either 3 roti with curry or brown rice with some veg..morning i ate egg sometime..

Sounds like you are a vegetarian who eats eggs? Eat more eggs. Do you like dal? 1/4 C of raw lentils or channa dal has 12 grams of protein.

• rashmi9425
    Options

No, i don't.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

No, i don't.

You should.
  • rashmi9425
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Sounds like you are a vegetarian who eats eggs? Eat more eggs. Do you like dal? 1/4 C of raw lentils or channa dal has 12 grams of protein.

Ok, ty..i will try that...
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

No, i don't.

there is your problem ...right there

Weigh ALL your solid food, Dont use cups, spoons or serving sizes...WEIGH! and log!

• rashmi9425
    Options

No, i don't.

there is your problem ...right there

Weigh ALL your solid food, Dont use cups, spoons or serving sizes...WEIGH! and log!

Ok..that will be better..i will also come to know how much i m eating..
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    indeed :) And much more accurate!
  • ChefSteveUrso
    ChefSteveUrso Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    To much sugar will prevent you from losing weight. It's a proven fact that fructose immediately triggers fat production and storage in adults, teenagers are temporarily immune until the develop insulin resistance then fructose make them fat also. You still have to eat at a deficit but without fructose in you system you will quickly start burning fat. I lost 108 lbs doing this. Don't listen to people who defend eating/drinking sugar as just another calorie, It will screw up your metabolism and make you sick and fat sooner than later. Sugar is a treat, not something we can tolerate morning noon and night.
  • bmchenry02
    bmchenry02 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Morning -oats, slim milk
    Snacks- apple
    M i eating less???

This is all you eat? You're likely not eating enough and jeopardizing your metabolism.
  • BWBTrish
    edited June 2015
    Options
    bmchenry02 wrote: »
    Morning -oats, slim milk
    Snacks- apple
    M i eating less???

This is all you eat? You're likely not eating enough and jeopardizing your metabolism.

No no

You have no idea how much that is.
    She is not weighing his food at all
    So you dont know how much calories Op gets

Let her start weighing every bite/food he eats.

• ariamythe
    ariamythe Posts: 130 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Just to build on the great advice you've gotten, please keep one thing in mind: When you regularly eat below your BMR, your body goes into starvation mode. It won't let go of calories if it thinks there's going to be a lack of them coming in. Find out your BMR and NEVER eat below it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Someone post the flow chart, please. I need to figure out how to post that one for myself.