rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    oh man.... many woo's here.
    (fade back slowly)
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Weight naturally fluctuates, and you will almost always weight less in the morning than at night. Weigh yourself once a week in the am, after bathroom, and under the same conditions (pajamas/no pajamas, same scale, same place on bathroom floor). Even then, your weight will fluctuate.

You can exercise all you want, and eat all the low calorie food you want, but if you eat more calorie than you burn you will lose weight. If you don't already, weight your food, log it, and stay within your calorie goals.

That said, what are your stats? How much are you trying to lose?

ETA: your profile says you have lost 2 pounds with only 2 pounds left to lose. That amount of weight is just about the same as normal fluctuations. Also, weight loss is not linear and the less weight you have to lose, the slower it will come off. Be patient.

Everything said here.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    Weight naturally fluctuates, and you will almost always weight less in the morning than at night. Weigh yourself once a week in the am, after bathroom, and under the same conditions (pajamas/no pajamas, same scale, same place on bathroom floor). Even then, your weight will fluctuate.

You can exercise all you want, and eat all the low calorie food you want, but if you eat more calorie than you burn you will lose weight. If you don't already, weight your food, log it, and stay within your calorie goals.

That said, what are your stats? How much are you trying to lose?

ETA: your profile says you have lost 2 pounds with only 2 pounds left to lose. That amount of weight is just about the same as normal fluctuations. Also, weight loss is not linear and the less weight you have to lose, the slower it will come off. Be patient.

Everything said here.

+1. Agree, Very good advice here.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »
    Someone post the flow chart, please. I need to figure out how to post that one for myself.

l32mqquw8yks.jpg
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »
    Someone post the flow chart, please. I need to figure out how to post that one for myself.

Oh crap....I can't figure out how to explain it without it becoming a picture

Anyway to post a gif.....it's the link with a pair of brackets on both sides......[ ] (no spaces)

The first pair of brackets contains........img

The second pair of brackets contains............ /img
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    To much sugar will prevent you from losing weight. It's a proven fact that fructose immediately triggers fat production and storage in adults, teenagers are temporarily immune until the develop insulin resistance then fructose make them fat also. You still have to eat at a deficit but without fructose in you system you will quickly start burning fat. I lost 108 lbs doing this. Don't listen to people who defend eating/drinking sugar as just another calorie, It will screw up your metabolism and make you sick and fat sooner than later. Sugar is a treat, not something we can tolerate morning noon and night.

Um, No. Just no.

Unless you have a diagnosed medical condition (i.e. diabetes), there is absolutely no reason to avoid sugar.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    rashmi9425 wrote: »
    Are you weighing everything you eat?

No, i don't.

There are several weaknesses to your weight kloss approach that can be improved upon and will help you be more effective.

Logging accuracy, nutrition, eating enough calories, misunderstanding about contribution of exercise etc. All pointed out by other posters, so I hope you cna spend some time abosriving what people are trying to help you and this will improve your journey, make it easier to sustain, make it healthier and on the long run more successful.

If you havent read it then do read
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Good luck
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,639 Member
    Options
    To much sugar will prevent you from losing weight. It's a proven fact that fructose immediately triggers fat production and storage in adults, teenagers are temporarily immune until the develop insulin resistance then fructose make them fat also. You still have to eat at a deficit but without fructose in you system you will quickly start burning fat. I lost 108 lbs doing this. Don't listen to people who defend eating/drinking sugar as just another calorie, It will screw up your metabolism and make you sick and fat sooner than later. Sugar is a treat, not something we can tolerate morning noon and night.
    It is one thing to post something because you believe it.
    It is another thing to cut and paste the same sensationalized post across threads in order to promote your POV.
    It is a third bigger something to be an *kitten* and deliberately post something you know is intentionally sensationalized in a thread started by someone who obviously does not yet have the firmest grasp on their nutrition and what they are doing.
    Business doing so bad you're trying to drum up recruits amongst those who sound unsure about what they're doing?
    Feel free to post your "proven fact" sources.
    Congratulations on the 108lbs you lost, by the way.
    Bet you ate at a deficit to achieve that!
  • rawhidenadz
    rawhidenadz Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing everything you eat?

No, i don't.

there is your problem ...right there

Weigh ALL your solid food, Dont use cups, spoons or serving sizes...WEIGH! and log!

Yep. You are most likely eating much more than you realize. Your logging isn't accurate because you aren't weighing what you eat. You're probably eating at maintenance or at a very very small deficit. Get a food scale and weigh everything for a month or so and see what happens.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,639 Member
    Options
    Oh and before you advertise your buddy's book again, @ChefSteveUrso, a source for a "proven fact" is a peer reviewed published article (preferably two, or three, showing substantial agreement)...
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    2 weeks is not long enough to tell you anything. Weight loss is not linear. Sometimes you'll lose a bit ,sometimes it'll stall for a week or two and you'll lose a lot. Give it a bit more time. That being said, it's calories in vs calories out, working out for an hour doesn't mean you can eat 2000 extra calories a day. Log accurately and be patient!
  • rashmi9425
    rashmi9425 Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Um, No. Just no.

Unless you have a diagnosed medical condition (i.e. diabetes), there is absolutely no reason to avoid sugar.
    I add one tea spoon sugar with milk..thats it..otherwise in whole day i dnt consume sugar...so wat i hav to do..nd u dnt hav diabetes..or any or medical issue

• rashmi9425
    Options
    2 weeks is not long enough to tell you anything. Weight loss is not linear. Sometimes you'll lose a bit ,sometimes it'll stall for a week or two and you'll lose a lot. Give it a bit more time. That being said, it's calories in vs calories out, working out for an hour doesn't mean you can eat 2000 extra calories a day. Log accurately and be patient!

Thanks for advice..i will be paitent..btw yersterday ni8 i eated well nd i reduced some weight...
  • rashmi9425
    Options
    Thanks all for your advice, i will start weighing wat i eat. Nd start eating more..i think i m starving my body..try to be paitent..thanks all..nxt week will post my progress..
  • rashmi9425
    Options
    One thing left..morning i do 30 mint Tiffany rothe workout, 700 fast skipping, nd 20 mint some aerobics.. Before starting any exercise i check my weight and after exercise i check..without intake nd outtake of water..i loose 400gm.. Do i need to do more..???
  • limetree683
    limetree683 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are starving your body, rashmi. Before you were saying you were eating less than 1200 calories, but then when you list what you are actually eating it sounds like a lot more than 1200 to me. How big is the dosa? Does it have a filling? What kind and how much? How much do the rotis weigh? What kind? Chapatis, naan, paratha?? What kind of curry, how much oil does it have and how much are you eating? I believe if for a few says you ate this but accurately weighed and measured everything you will see you are eating far in excess of 1200 calories and that is why you are not losing weight.

Listen to the members that are telling you to measure everything you are eating. If you are cooking these foods at home, use the 'create recipe' function on myfitnesspal and enter the ingredients in there to get an accurate number of calories. A lot of South Asian food is very high in calories, but it doesn't have to be if you make it at home because you can control what goes in it.

Exercising is good, but you should know that it has a minimal impact on weight loss. Imagine if you work out very hard for 1 hour, maybe you will burn 500 calories. All you have to do is eat 3 rotis (300 calories at least) and a little bit of curry (maybe another 300-400 calories) and suddenly you have eaten all the calories you lost during exercise and extra! So you will actually gain weight. So exercise has many health benefits for stronger bones, heart etc, but to lose weight you need to be accurate in your eating habits.
  • rashmi9425
    Options
    I don't think you are starving your body, rashmi. Before you were saying you were eating less than 1200 calories, but then when you list what you are actually eating it sounds like a lot more than 1200 to me. How big is the dosa? Does it have a filling? What kind and how much? How much do the rotis weigh? What kind? Chapatis, naan, paratha?? What kind of curry, how much oil does it have and how much are you eating? I believe if for a few says you ate this but accurately weighed and measured everything you will see you are eating far in excess of 1200 calories and that is why you are not losing weight.

Listen to the members that are telling you to measure everything you are eating. If you are cooking these foods at home, use the 'create recipe' function on myfitnesspal and enter the ingredients in there to get an accurate number of calories. A lot of South Asian food is very high in calories, but it doesn't have to be if you make it at home because you can control what goes in it.

Exercising is good, but you should know that it has a minimal impact on weight loss. Imagine if you work out very hard for 1 hour, maybe you will burn 500 calories. All you have to do is eat 3 rotis (300 calories at least) and a little bit of curry (maybe another 300-400 calories) and suddenly you have eaten all the calories you lost during exercise and extra! So you will actually gain weight. So exercise has many health benefits for stronger bones, heart etc, but to lose weight you need to be accurate in your eating habits.
    I prepare dinner.nd during lunch i ate dosa with no filling. I will measure everything before eathing..
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

I prepare dinner.nd during lunch i ate dosa with no filling. I will measure everything before eathing..

This is very sensible rashmi to weigh everything..also try to round out your diet with lots of fresh vegetables, fruit, lean proteins, good fats to ensure you get a good nutritional spread within your calories

I don't think though that you understand how the body and scale weight works

Scale weight is a rough and ready measure: it includes body fat (which most of us want to reduce), muscle (which we don't), water (which we have marginal control of), waste products, vital organs, etc

You weigh yourself first thing in the morning, after you've used the bathroom, before you've eaten anything and naked to minimise some of the variables.

Everyone puts on scale weight across the day ...generally 1-3lbs...so everyone weighs more later

If fluctuations in your scale weight bother you, limit your weighing to once a week or once every 2 weeks

Your scale weight will change naturally with water weight anyway due to sodium in diet, time of the month, change in exercise. Learn to accept this. We don't have a scale weight we have a scale weight range

Look I post this a lot..it's my tracking of the last 3 months...I'm at maintenance so not looking to lose weight. I know how to log my calories and exercise accurately for my body because I've been doing this for over a year and I've lost over 54lb. But this is still normal...and this is weighing at the same time in the morning under the same conditions. See the fluctuations ...that's how the body works ..you need to see the trend over months not look at weights within a day

53sdxefke6ts.jpg

• limetree683
    limetree683 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    ^This is also really good advice, there is no point in weighing yourself everyday, what you need to do is weigh your self maybe once or twice a week at most under controlled conditions, i.e. same days of the week, before breakfast after you go to the bathroom in the morning. It doesn't matter as long as it is the same every week. Then over a period of one or two months you will get an idea of how your weight is changing. Weighing yourself after every meal/exercise etc is not helpful in giving you an overall picture.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Thanks all..i will try to eat more..then see result..hoping for best..

<sigh> That's what you got out of all this?

Apparently. And most likely, she won't even read this.