What has been the hardest thing for you to give up?

Options

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Sodium was far and away my biggest struggle with food.

Actual items? Probably tortilla chips.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've actually given anything up?
  • ireadlabelsdammit
    ireadlabelsdammit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Crackers...especially Triscuits and Ritz. I could fit them in calorically, but decided i dont like the ingredient list. And now croissants, after reading your comments, lol
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Good ol' Americanized Chinese food. For authentic Asian, if I crave it, I just cook myself up some Japanese food [good portion sizes for low calories]. But the Americanized Chinese is the besssssst.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    laziness
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I have'nt really given anything up, if I really want something i'll work it into my calories
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    On the path to health and fitness what has been the hardest thing to give up?

For me personally (unrelated to weight loss), wine.

Related to weight loss, sloth.
  • jumblejups
    jumblejups Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Mayo and fries. Before I could easily eat a large portion of fries with lots of salt and mayo. I only do full fat mayo and proper fried potatoes, so it's not the kind of thing I fit into my regular routine (which it used to be as part our weekly take out, we've now changed that up). I do still have them, just nowhere near as often as I used to (2 kids in 2 years, that's my excuse... ahem...).

Now I want fries and mayo :D
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I used to eat the full fat Mayo but switched to light (40 vs 100 cals per 15g) and now can't even remember if the full fat version tasted different. Would you consider switching?
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I never gave up anything. Back when I was getting into better shape I ate everything in moderation.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I don't think anything has been too hard to give up - if I really want something I try to work it into my diet or I just consider it a "gain" for the day, log it, and move on.

What I really miss is eating foods without thinking about calories and how it affects my weight.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Hmm...nothing in particular. I didn't really give up anything though. I did enjoy a good night of drinking, then coming home to a big bag of chips and waking up with a bacon, egg, and cheese on a bagel. I don't really miss it though. I can eat a smaller amount of chips and have bacon and eggs still. And a bagel if I wanted I guess. Now I don't understand the question.
  • Shreshy
    Shreshy Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Time with my friends...they always want to do stuff during my training time...
  • melissagreen2
    melissagreen2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mountain Dew. I know it's horrible for your body. But it tastes so good. I miss it.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Milkshakes. I had been in the habit of getting myself a milkshake while my oldest daughter was in her gymnastics class and my youngest napped in the car. I'd park in the shade, read a book and enjoy my shake with no one bothering me.

The shakes I was getting were 500 calories, not awful for a milkshake, but not something I can reasonably fit on most days. I replaced it with other snacks and recently decided to use that time to ride my bike on a nearby rail trail. But I do miss my quiet reading time with a milkshake.

Now if I want a shake, I split it with someone.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Eating a lot of food
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    All the XL t-shirts I had collected over years of traveling all over the US. I wear smalls now.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    All the XL t-shirts I had collected over years of traveling all over the US. I wear smalls now.

I love this answer.