Help- wanting to fall apart

Options
Hi!
I know this may sound silly, but I just got back from a cruise. I haven't had access to a scale but I'm betting I gained 3-4 lbs. however, this morning I looked in the mirror and my stomach was incredibly thin. Tonight, I went to steak and shake and had a huge burger, fries, and dessert. I'm thinking I managed 4000 calories today. I feel so bloated and feeling like I RUINED the flat stomach I temporarily had.
What I want to know is how to get it back? How long will it take for all the bloating to go down?
I also have another question: is it possible to eat 4000 calories per day for a whole week?

Replies

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    You went on a cruise. You had fun. That's a good thing. It's likely most of what you have gained is water weight.

Go back to the routine you had before the cruise, eat at a reasonable deficit. It will take some time, but not that long.

And yes, it is very possible to eat 4000 calories/day for a week.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    You're worrying about things you aren't certain have happened.

Get back to logging accurately at a deficit for a week or three, and then worry if your scale is up, and then get back to exact logging again. And best wishes!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I know this may sound silly, but I just got back from a cruise. I haven't had access to a scale but I'm betting I gained 3-4 lbs. however, this morning I looked in the mirror and my stomach was incredibly thin. Tonight, I went to steak and shake and had a huge burger, fries, and dessert. I'm thinking I managed 4000 calories today. I feel so bloated and feeling like I RUINED the flat stomach I temporarily had.
    What I want to know is how to get it back? How long will it take for all the bloating to go down?
    I also have another question: is it possible to eat 4000 calories per day for a whole week?

Of course that's possible. Why would you think it wasn't? If you meant eating 4,000 calories a day and being able to lose weight, well, unless you weigh about 1,000 pounds, probably not.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

Heck yeah.

And a lot more, too.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Sure, if you're having a few big glasses of wine with a heavy restaurant meal (and/or lunch, and/or a buffet breakfast).

But don't freak out about it. Don't put yourself on some kind of nutty deficit tomorrow. Just go back to your plan and wear a loose shirt until you don't want to anymore.