Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weight loss failure

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited June 2015
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    What I do that's been helping me is putting everything low and expectations high.
    So for "weight loss per week" I say I want to lose 2 lbs per week and for "activity" I put I'm sedentary.
    That way the your calorie intake goes down too.
    I would say 1900 calories is a little too high.
    Usually when on a diet, the range is 1200-1500...

Also, when I exercise I say that I'm doing 3/4 the time. If I work out 1 hr, I jot down 45 min because that's usually where people go wrong. The calories it says you burn is usually much higher then what you actually burn.
    And if I'm doing light exercises, like walking or cleaning, I don't count those calories.

Make sure you're including everythinnnnng. All your drinks, dressings, spices, flavorings, etc because those add up.

I've been following these rules all while trying to eat whole grain/oats, light protein, fruits and veggies and so far I've lost alost 10 lbs this month.

If you follow all these and still don't see progress after a week I would definitely go see a doctor :)

Hope that helps!
    Good luck!

Maybe for a woman. He's a 19 year old boy with only 11 pounds to lose! Why would you promote him under eating?

And how would I know he was a boy? Lol Don't automatically assume I'm promoting undereating.

So why give advice without knowing even basic facts about the person you're advising?!

^This!
    One would assume you would have clicked on his avi, prior to making any recommendations.

I actually did do that but no information came up :) But hey! If my advice was so bad, how bout you offer better advice instead of trolling?
    Isn't that what the community posts are about? Helping eachother not bashing people for not knowing? K thanks :)

Strong posting for somebody who just came in here. And accuse a long term member of trolling

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Strong posting for somebody who just came in here. And accuse a long term member of trolling
    LET ME!!!!
    q0ukbi3zfy9g.jpeg

• BWBTrish
    LET ME!!!!
    q0ukbi3zfy9g.jpeg

oh you troll, you....

• BWBTrish
    grinsss
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    What I do that's been helping me is putting everything low and expectations high.
    So for "weight loss per week" I say I want to lose 2 lbs per week and for "activity" I put I'm sedentary.

Also, when I exercise I say that I'm doing 3/4 the time. If I work out 1 hr, I jot down 45 min because that's usually where people go wrong. The calories it says you burn is usually much higher then what you actually burn.
    And if I'm doing light exercises, like walking or cleaning, I don't count those calories.

Make sure you're including everythinnnnng. All your drinks, dressings, spices, flavorings, etc because those add up.

I've been following these rules all while trying to eat whole grain/oats, light protein, fruits and veggies and so far I've lost alost 10 lbs this month.

If you follow all these and still don't see progress after a week I would definitely go see a doctor :)

Hope that helps!
    Good luck!

Maybe for a woman. He's a 19 year old boy with only 11 pounds to lose! Why would you promote him under eating?

And how would I know he was a boy? Lol Don't automatically assume I'm promoting undereating.

So why give advice without knowing even basic facts about the person you're advising?!

^This!
    One would assume you would have clicked on his avi, prior to making any recommendations.

I actually did do that but no information came up :) But hey! If my advice was so bad, how bout you offer better advice instead of trolling?
    Isn't that what the community posts are about? Helping eachother not bashing people for not knowing? K thanks :)
    If you did, you would have seen this:
    cpiebpk4vsvl.png

OP, check your logging and make sure you're weighing all solids (bread and cheese are sneaky) and measuring liquids. Be more patient. Weight loss takes time.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member

Hope that helps!
    Good luck!

^This!

When you're going to help someone, don't toss out advice without first finding out very basic information. If you cannot find that information then you should ask first. Men need more calories than women (1500 calories is the bare minimum for men, 1200 for women). Younger people need more calories and older people. Taller people need more calories than shorter people. Someone who has 10 pounds to lose will need to be losing at a slower rate (less of a deficit) than someone who has 100 pounds to lose.

Also, I wouldn't accuse someone of being a troll when you have no clue as to what is going on.
  • PrizePopple
    And flagging people because you're angry isn't cool.
  • BWBTrish
    oh lol she found the flag system

Another note for a newbie is that the flag system is not to be used for when you dont like a post...more for spam and sexual assult etc

You get minus points which when you have enough get banned :)
    just saying.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member

Another note for a newbie is that the flag system is not to be used for when you dont like a post...more for spam and sexual assult etc

just saying.

She's not flagging anyone.
  • PrizePopple
    kgeyser wrote: »

just saying.

If flagging were not anonymous I bet the instances of people being flag happy would decrease greatly. Just an idea. Heh
  • BWBTrish

just saying.

If flagging were not anonymous I bet the instances of people being flag happy would decrease greatly. Just an idea. Heh

lol yeps indeed.
    So when it isnt her who is it then? Now that we are in defending people.

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member

just saying.

lol yeps indeed.
    So when it isnt her who is it then? Now that we are in defending people.

The people who are flagging have been reported for inappropriate flagging and will be subject to warnings and points, which is our policy on that. We also have the following policy:

11. No Airing of Grievances With Moderators

a) Protesting a moderator or admin action is not allowed on the Forums or in Groups. If you have a question or concern about a moderator or admin action, please email one of the moderators or Olivia, MFP's Community Manager, with your concern and we will investigate the matter promptly.

b) If you have concerns about another poster, or wish to report a guideline violation, the only appropriate venue is to use the Report Post link or to message a moderator or Olivia, MFP's Community Manager. You may not air such concerns on the message boards themselves. If you have a general concern that does not involve a specific member, you may post your question in the Feedback or Help forums.

c) Threats made to moderators will not be tolerated, and will result in an immediate ban from the site.

If you are concerned about flags, please report the post and add a note letting us know there is inappropriate flagging going on in the thread. Accusing other users of violating any of the community guidelines…violates the community guidelines. (All Hailception?)

Information about the flagging system is located here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member

Hope that helps!
    Good luck!

^This!

She wasnt trolling at all. She was actually just pointing out that you didnt do enough research before offering advice to people!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    LET ME!!!!
    q0ukbi3zfy9g.jpeg

oh you troll, you....

Lmao !! :smile:
  • sapplebana
    sapplebana Posts: 14 Member
    Hi thanks for the replies really appreciate all the help and those who took the time out to support!

Issues I just noticed today is that I'm not clicking check for everything that I add to the diary so I think it's been added but it's not. I should have noticed that when I wasn't feeling hungry every day lol

Also, with cooked meals whether it's at home, restaurants, friends places, etc, etc. Is it possible to estimate accurately? I can't possibly bring food scales to everywhere I go haha but I think I posted this clutching at straws when I should have investigated it myself
  • PrizePopple
    sapplebana wrote: »
    Hi thanks for the replies really appreciate all the help and those who took the time out to support!

Issues I just noticed today is that I'm not clicking check for everything that I add to the diary so I think it's been added but it's not. I should have noticed that when I wasn't feeling hungry every day lol

Also, with cooked meals whether it's at home, restaurants, friends places, etc, etc. Is it possible to estimate accurately? I can't possibly bring food scales to everywhere I go haha but I think I posted this clutching at straws when I should have investigated it myself

At home we weigh all our ingredients and then either weigh the completed dish and serve by a weight, or portion it out as best we can (like cutting lasagna into equal portions, which my husband does because I can't cut evenly to save my life). Depending on the restaurant you might be able to find fairly solid nutritional info already online, which applies mostly to larger chains. Though I use entries from Dunkin Doughnuts for the same style doughnuts I might get at a local shop.

Make sure you're getting everything logged though, with not much to lose you should be set at losing 1/2 pound per week, making your deficit every day fairly small (250 calories). So you have to be as spot on with your logging as possible.
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    kkenseth wrote: »
    This. Also "starving yourself to death" will add weight because your body will store fat it needs for energy if you're not providing it enough.

Starving yourself will not "add weight". Otherwise no one would die during famines.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    sapplebana wrote: »

With the cooked meals, use the recipe builder or list each ingredient separately (weighed of course). When you're out, sometimes you're just going to have to make your best guesstimate. After you weigh things for awhile, you get pretty good at it.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    This thread is hilarious.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    If you've just started a new exercise regimen, then you could be holding temporary weight due to you muscles holding water in order to repair themselves. You'll show a drop soon enough.

Otherwise, it's likely to be inaccuracy in logging. It's easier to do than you would think.

yup, what @jennifer_417 said.