So, how far do you go on a cheat day?

Options
12346»

Replies

• andiroot
    andiroot Posts: 43
    Options
    my bf and I have cheat days on sunday and try to stay with our goal, but we get treats like a biscuit for breakfast or tater tots for dinner. maybe frozen yogurt. I think if we go over its still less than 200 calories.

the first few we gorged and felt horrible, now we cheat smart. that's how it becomes a lifestyle
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I don't indulge the "oh, so very "hungry"" type of cheating. That kind of hungry is in my mind, not my body and there is no food that will fix it, so I don't even bother (I gave up emotional eating back in January). If the hunger is persistent, I have a few times gone up to maintenance level, and that usually gets me 300 calories or so which is a decent sized snack or meal. I have no problem at all with exercising to get a few hundred extra calories to eat and do it probably at least once a week.

That being said, for me sticking to my calories is very important. Number 1 was logging, and when I had that ingrained, sticking to calories/no emotional eating was next. There are other ways to get the job done and I probably have more day to day treats than some, but this works for me.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    IDK, I don't really have "cheat days". There are days that I don't eat as well as I should, or I may go over, but they are balanced out by all the other days that I was under my calorie goal. If you wake up starving, have a glass of water first thing.

Same here. I have days I eat more than I would like or days I eat more of X than I think I should, but not "cheat days". * shrug * I figure that's how real life is so I don't stress too much over it.
  • smwkent
    smwkent Posts: 10
    Options
    I agree with others, drink 16oz. water maybe add lemon juice. This helps me to feel full
  • vjm7981
    vjm7981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    On my cheat days I try to eat reasonably (and most of the time succeed). My culprit on these cheat days is alcohol. We all know that a few drinks adds up to ALOT of calories. It's not so much the cheat day itself that I have the problem with, it's the day after my indulgence of alcohol that leaves me craving all the bad things. I just have to tell myself that I have the willpower and eat healthy versus gorging myself which would result in two bad days in a row.
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I don't have 'cheat days". But I do cheat once in a while. I feel if I have a regular cheat day it will only serve to sabotage everything I've worked so hard for leading up to it.
  • Marley2310
    Marley2310 Posts: 304
    Options
    500 or 800 ? lol that's a treat not a cheat ..mine is something like 5000 to 6000 Above my daily intake ..i don't recommend it thought haha ...the healthy range is 1000 over maintenance calories