Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

So under 700 calories is not enough

13»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I feel like at this point I have broke my habit with pop so I don't want to reintroduce it. I also have not been eating junk, sugar etc. I would like to just keep adding healthy foods until I hit a sweet spot. I eat those P3 things-I assume everyone is familiar- and PB and try to get milk in during the day. I snack on sunflower seeds during the days when I am at my office.

Getting your calories in is more important in the first instance than not eating 'junk'. It's hard to get an extra 500 calories from carrot sticks...
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    I feel like you're shutting down everyone that's telling you to seek medical/professional help. You NEED it, you KNOW it, and you're NOT getting any. WHY????

I understand having a hard time. I understand not being hungry. I understand not hitting your calorie target. I DON'T understand coming here to "vent" and then basically ignoring all the advice you're getting. ALL of these people are showing you support and concern and you're blowing them off. Makes me think you just want attention.

I truly hope things get better for you emotionally. I honestly hope that life settles down so that you can get some peace and equilibrium. Until then, either force yourself to eat more OR GO SEE A DOCTOR.
  • ShelliesTrying
    ShelliesTrying Posts: 85 Member
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Without fully knowing my situation I can see how it would not make sense to you that I am not on the phone with a therapist and dr right now while cramming food down my throat. I am not here for attention. I haven't ignored anyone's advice. I certainly didn't come here for anyone to judge or presume. If anyone would like to PM me I will gladly talk to you. But at this time I will take my "attention seeking" self off this forum. Thank you again to all those who showed genuine concern. I have actively taken in more calories thus far today as I mentioned earlier. I will get thru this. Thanks again everyone.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    I feel like at this point I have broke my habit with pop so I don't want to reintroduce it. I also have not been eating junk, sugar etc. I would like to just keep adding healthy foods until I hit a sweet spot. I eat those P3 things-I assume everyone is familiar- and PB and try to get milk in during the day. I snack on sunflower seeds during the days when I am at my office.

Getting your calories in is more important in the first instance than not eating 'junk'. It's hard to get an extra 500 calories from carrot sticks...

*nods*

It's better to eat "junk" than to starve yourself.
  • Ioras88
    Ioras88 Posts: 57 Member
    You know, when I'm really really sick, I can't eat a thing and I lose lots of weight in one go (it comes back when I get better though).
    So, what people are saying here is obviously sound advice. Your stomach can't handle that much food? Put your hands on your stomach please, and/or on your abdomen for a moment. Does it feel really tense? Try breathing through your abdomen (expand your abdomen while breathing in). Do that for a while, see if it becomes relaxed again.
    Still, please seek medical help. Stress can cause you to tense up without noticing OR this could be something completely different with the side effect of having stress from not being able to eat enough. (A hellish circle!)

Foods that are usually easy to digest (unless you have an allergy or intolerance) according to my own doctor the last time I had stomach troubles: white bread (especially when it's at least a day old), cooked and/or mashed potatoes, cooked white rice (not sure what this is called in English: 'round'), cooked carrots. I'm sure you could also add cooked sweet potato to that list. Pears, bananas.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    I'm not judging. I'm not presuming. I'm basing my comment on the first two pages of advice you've received. I honestly care if you're hurting and going thru a tough time. As do all the people who are on here giving advice on ways to increase to your calories, expressing sympathy that your life is hard right now, and suggesting you seek professional help to get thru this. I'm seeing a lot of "yes, but"...we don't know the whole thing, after two bites you're nauseous, etc. All of those things suggests that you need more help than venting, or we, can provide. It's a sign of strength to allow people to help you. You're resistant to the idea of professional help. You've dismissed each and every time someone has suggested it. Not judging, not presuming. Simply pointing out your unwillingness to receive help from someone who may actually be able to help.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited June 2015
    If you feel sick, you may have an ulcer or possibly something worse.

Physical illnesses of the digestive system, especially, can start with a stress trigger.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    The OP is ignoring all the advise she is getting. The weight loss side effect is probably the only bright point in a very bleak period.

OP - If you will not seek help then go help someone else. Sitting around focusing on your sadness and refusing to get help will not help you. If you don't want to seek a professional then get off your rear and make yourself feel better by being better. Whatever this is you are probably not the only one hurting from it. Find others and try to offer a shoulder. Depression is a pill, I have been there, but often the most effective therapy is forcing yourself to do something useful.

• egorre
    egorre Posts: 72 Member
    edited June 2015
    It's not that I'm not taking the advice, I just know what's going on in my life right now and I feel like it revolves around that. I just came here to get this off my chest. Again, I truly appreciate everyone's concern.

if you came here to get something out of your chest, you do need to talk to/see someone. only getting sub 700 calories a day is not enough for your body to get your daily nutrients and you might be in for complications if your emotional stress last longer than you anticipated. hope you feel better soon.