TEA Drinkers...

2»

Replies

• shawnmstout
    shawnmstout Posts: 131 Member
    lalainap19 wrote: »
    I love tea i drink it everyday all different types. What's your favorite diet aiding tea's & has anyone tried oolong tea what was your results pros/con's. Thinking about giving it a try along with my lifestyle changes. Feel free to add me as a friend

Yes, just started it and the weight is dropping off severely for me. I also notice that my appetite has reduced a bunch as well. I have read that if you drink a liter a day of oolong that you will lose close to 1lb of belly fat per week. I am about a week in and i have drank everyday but not a liter.

Here is my stats for the last week
    Weight - 6.7lbs loss
    Body Fat % - 6.2% (this isnt very accurate as i use a smart scale for the measurements)
    Neck - No change
    Waist - 2mm loss
    Hips - .5mm loss
    Stomach 2mm loss
  • shawnmstout
    shawnmstout Posts: 131 Member
    I love tea i drink it everyday all different types. What's your favorite diet aiding tea's & has anyone tried oolong tea what was your results pros/con's. Thinking about giving it a try along with my lifestyle changes. Feel free to add me as a friend

Yes, just started it and the weight is dropping off severely for me. I also notice that my appetite has reduced a bunch as well. I have read that if you drink a liter a day of oolong that you will lose close to 1lb of belly fat per week. I am about a week in and i have drank everyday but not a liter.

Weight - 6.7lbs loss
    Body Fat % - 6.2% (this isnt very accurate as i use a smart scale for the measurements)
    Neck - No change
    Waist - 2mm loss
    Hips - .5mm loss
    Stomach 2mm loss

In addition, oolong tastes a lot better as iced tea
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    I drink about 6 cups a day. ..its blackcurrant infused! ! It counts to my water x
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    JudithNYC wrote: »
    If tea helped you lose weigh I would not be obese. Or maybe I'm an outlier. I love tea and drink it all day long. In fact, I am gaving a cup right now.

PS. I have always wanted to say cuppa but with my Puerto Rican accent it sounds too funny.

I support you saying it! I'm actually from Canada but have lived in England for years, and my hubby is English. If I can get away with saying it with my accent, you can too! :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member

Weight - 6.7lbs loss
    Neck - No change
    Waist - 2mm loss
    Hips - .5mm loss
    Stomach 2mm loss

That's not good, and it's not the tea causing weight loss. It's because you are eating too few calories.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    edited June 2015

There's nothing magical about Oolong tea, If you're losing weight while drinking a lot of it it's probably caused by other changes you've made to your diet.
  • andalite4412
    andalite4412 Posts: 6 Member
    Woooo, tea! I run my own little tea bar so I love tea <3. My breakfasts the past couple weeks have included an iced matcha latte. About a cup of milk on ice, ~ Tbs of sugar free vanilla syrup, and two teaspoons of matcha. I love how it's so refreshing and gives me a gentle energy boost.

Another one of my favorites is Harney & Son's Hot Cinnamon Spice. It tastes like those little cinnamon disc candies, but there's no sugar in it, it's just a brain trick from all the cinnamon. Cinnamon is supposed to be good for stabilizing blood sugar too, so, I guess that's nice. I just drink tea for the taste tho. It's not magical or anything, sadly lol.

• harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    I drink tea almost daily. Although I don't really think it's helping my diet because of any properties of the tea, having something hot to drink with no calories in it helps me stay on track with my eating plan.
  • Schnootie
    Schnootie Posts: 338 Member
    I love black/white teas with milk. And I recently discovered that you can make overnight fridge tea with herbs from the garden. My favorite right now is 4 white tea bags in a pitcher of cold water (do not use hot water), add a handful of Lemon Verbena and/or Mint leaves and let steep for 8-12 hours overnight in the fridge. Very refreshing!!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    I drink tea because I like the flavor, doesn't add to my calories, and is a change from water. While there may be antioxidants that might be beneficial for health (conflicting evidence to that), there's no benefit for weight loss.

This^

I love tea....both iced and hot. I make my own iced tea using flavored bags, or adding some fruit......you don't need much (if any) sugar.

CITRUS GINGER GREEN TEA

1 1-inch piece of ginger peeled and sliced
    1 orange thinly sliced, leaving the peel on
    1 lemon thinly sliced, leaving the peel on
    2 family size green tea bags (8 single bags)
    1 tablespoon honey or to taste (optional)

Heat 1 qt of water with ginger slices to just boiling. Remove from heat and add tea bags, steep for 3-4 minutes. Add the fruit slices and steeped tea to a gallon pitcher. Let stand about 10-15 minutes, then add honey and stir. Add enough ice and cold water to fill the pitcher.

Taste will be stronger the second day. Rub fruit slices against the back of a slotted spoon to release some juices.
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Oh tea. How I love thee. I was never a tea drinker, then I spent two weeks in Poland where tea was served two meals a day and I learned that tea is pretty good. I came home and drank it for awhile. Then it left me.

Over the last year, I figured out that tea is pretty much amazing. Especially because there are so many flavors and I don't have to add any sugar or anything to it. Just brew and drink. I don't drink it near as much as I would like, mostly because I forget that I have it. I think I'll have to make a pitcher tonight...
  • countrycutie408
    countrycutie408 Posts: 12 Member
    I'm from Ontario Canada and I'm absolutely addicted to Steeped teas ' Hot Yoga ' tea it's my favorite and I find it helps with cravings :)
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    In the past 9 months Ive worked my way into a tea snob ...

Ive always drank and loved tea, got more serious about my health and expanded my non sweetened options. I stayed pretty hooked on the bag variety and found "Stash" to be a brand I really enjoyed. Started noticing that when I went to places that brew loose leaf I was really enjoying it and more than previous.

Fathers day my kids got me a loose leaf tea brewing device and I was HOOKED. Im exploring all over Orange County and finding some really awesome tea shops. High dollar like Teavana or very inexpensive varieties like at Trader Joes. I mix and experiment to find the blends how I want them and its been so much fun. The tea experts are friendly and some are very knowledgeable. Ive left several of the Asian shops feeling like I took a class that day.

I don't know that there are any "slimming effects" other than I love tea so much with no sweetener and may never drink another soda ever so that has to have some health benefit.
  • Asharee011
    Asharee011 Posts: 129 Member
    I'm a huge green tea fan. I stopped drinking coffee in the morning and substituted it with green tea. Right now I only drink one mug a day in the morning and maybe it's just me but I feel like I have more energy than when I drank coffee.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Mmmmm tea...

Tea has definitely helped both me and my partner lose weight and has been a huge part of our daily routine, but here's the caveat. For me, when I started drinking tea, I also started drinking less Pepsi. I am now at the point where my non water drinks are I drink 99% tea and 1% Pepsi. My partner started drinking tea to replace energy drinks. At the very beginning of our weight loss journeys, this one change made a huge change in our weights. Now it has leveled off, and we have added in more physical activity, more whole foods etc.

Tea helped us lose weight because we were replacing high calorie soda with it, therefore eliminating those calories from our diets. Now we spend far too much money at David's Tea.