Carbs?

Options
13»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    FatMomma89 wrote: »
    It shouldn't i am trying to go from 180 to 110. But 130 would be in my normal weight range just at the top of it.

I thought you said you have been doing this for ten years and have not been hungry? So you have been stuck at 180 for ten years????

I sense a troll in the thread...
  • FatMomma89
    FatMomma89 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Well in the last 2 days i have lost 5 pounds by eating up to 4 grams of carbs and not watching my fat or protein intake. (2 eggs for lunch, 2 eggs and 2 hamburger patties for dinner and one day i had 1 serving if salad)

if you don't know how to track your carbs, how do you know you consumed only four grams of carbs?

I go by what my bagged salad tells me on servings. I scan it in and go by my marcos.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'm not 100 pounds over weight.

Firstly, your ticker shows that you've lost 30ish pounds of 100 needed to be lost; that's where that number came from.

Secondly (perhaps google is failing me here), but by toxemia, do you mean pre-eclampsia? And if so, obesity is a risk factor for pre-eclampsia, but having blood pressure regulation issues wouldn't actually affect your weight. I guess if you were put on bed rest and didn't adjust your calorie intake accordingly, that could lead to a greater increase in weight than you were expecting.

Anyways, it boils down to eating fewer calories than you burn. If you have been eating less than 1000 calories a day for 10 years (coupled with periodic binges, which are likely), then you could have damaged your metabolism, but it may also be likely that you are underestimating your food intake as well.

Make sure you are logging accurately. Understand that low carb is not necessary for weight loss; if you want to eat low carb that's great, but as others have suggested, you would greatly benefit from adding vegetables and fiber sources into your diet.

If you have been undereating for years, these resources may help you understand the problem:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/how-your-fat-loss-diet-could-be-making-you-fat.html
    http://www.shreddednation.com/preventing-and-recovering-metabolic-damage-layne-norton/
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    What I read about toxemia (pre-eclmpsia...I think) is that yes weight gain is a side affect(along with others...mostly caused by water retention. Usually when delivery occurs it goes away.

If you still have toxemia you should be under a doctors care. If over eating is not causing you to be over weight by 100lbs (minus the 32lbs that you have already lost) then you have something else going on. Eating 2 eggs and a hamburger pattie every day won't cure it.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'm not 100 pounds over weight.

I got that weight off of your profile...I didn't make it up.

People are just concerned that you are headed toward an unhealthy journey to lose weight. You will either end up malnourished or you will give up and just gain more weight.

• FatMomma89
    FatMomma89 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    1st no i said what i mean. It is where your blood becomes toxic to yourself. 2nd i have been a member for a while. I started right after i had my 4th childjust a week or so after and was bigger. 3rd i came here for support amd asking a simole question not to be put down and bashed. I'm so done. If you all have issues about my diet then why are you not bashing people that eat about the same as m
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    if you came here hoping that people would support/praise your very low calorie diet then you did come to the wrong place.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Toxemia: A condition in pregnancy, also known as pre-eclampsia (or preeclampsia) characterized by abrupt hypertension (a sharp rise in blood pressure), albuminuria (leakage of large amounts of the protein albumin into the urine) and edema (swelling) of the hands, feet, and face. Pre-eclampsia is the most common complication of pregnancy. It affects about 5% of pregnancies. It occurs in the third trimester (the last third) of pregnancy.

The word you are looking for is sepsis, or septicemia.
    Sepsis is a potentially life-threatening complication of an infection. Sepsis occurs when chemicals released into the bloodstream to fight the infection trigger inflammatory responses throughout the body. This inflammation can trigger a cascade of changes that can damage multiple organ systems, causing them to fail.

If sepsis progresses to septic shock, blood pressure drops dramatically, which may lead to death.

You've already said you're eating less than the recommended amount for a woman which is a MINIMUM of 1200 calories per day. That is where the main concern lies, and if you equate that into "being put down" then that's on you. I already gave you a link to read to get yourself on the right track and you said you would read it. From the looks of the way this post is going though you have little to no interest and now just want to lash out at people. If you're unwilling to do this in a healthy and sustainable manner then don't expect anyone to continue offering advice.

ETA definition for sepsis.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you feel people are bashing you; we're just trying to help.

First of all, everyone is under the assumption that you don't eat vegetables, because you never said you eat them; later you said you eat salad, so there is that.

Your original question about carbs, is that you can eat as many carbs as you are happy with and helps you to reach your goals. You seem to be doing very (very) low carb. Again, this is not required, but eating low carb and high fat can help people feel full on less and maintain a deficit. Some people have low energy on low carb, so try it and see if it works for you.

You still need to eat enough calories to support your activity and receive enough nutrition to nourish your body. Undereating can make that difficult. You especially want to be sure that you are hitting all of your micronutrients if you aren't eating many fruits or vegetables.

We are trying to give you specific advice, but you were vaguely alluding to health problems, which is why we were trying to figure out more. The only other advice I can give is schedule an appointment with your doctor, and ask for a referral to a registered dietitian that he/she works with so that the two of them can work with you to provide an adequate meal plan that addresses your particular health needs.

Good luck in your journey.
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    1st no i said what i mean. It is where your blood becomes toxic to yourself. 2nd i have been a member for a while. I started right after i had my 4th childjust a week or so after and was bigger. 3rd i came here for support amd asking a simole question not to be put down and bashed. I'm so done. If you all have issues about my diet then why are you not bashing people that eat about the same as m

It's saddens me to see this over and over and over. I guess a lot gets lost in translation and we, in general, tend to take everything personally.

@FatMomma89, take a deep breath. Think about this this way, if you explain something to one of your kids over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over and then your other kid, who heard your teaching, comes by and asks the same thing - it is entirely possible you might explain that the very same thing a bit more harshly.

Why do you think these knowledgeable people know what they know? Reading, reading, then re-reading, studying more, then verifying, analyzing, plus their own experience - you could've done the same and educated yourself. It takes time.
    ...I'm so done...
    - I hope you mean with this thread, not the weight loss as you would be hurting no one but yourself.

I wish you well.