Mean Private Messages

Options

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If you upgrade to the premium version of MFP, they filter out the mean ones for you otherwise you just have to deal with it. ;) damn free ad supported version.

Snort!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I've gotten a few. I think it's funny, cuz I get to play back!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I've received random encouraging PMs from strangers.

I hate those! Take the false positivity elsewhere. Especially since I've lost most of the weight and am working on vanity pounds now.

OP, screencap it and when you see them post again, put it up. Bullies hate sunshine.
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get encouraging ones but never mean ones. I think the encouraging ones are creepy too. If I don't know the person, it gets deleted now before I read it.
  • W_Stewart
    W_Stewart Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    send me one, I'll send you one back
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    wahoowad wrote: »
    send me one, I'll send you one back

Example of neg? ^^^
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    no, never mean, sometimes awkward and rude, and Ive had people who are mean add me, but thats all,
    maybe they got the wrong person? or theyre just silly, some people on here are petty and rude and mean,
    I usually block them,
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I've received random encouraging PMs from strangers.

I hate those! Take the false positivity elsewhere. Especially since I've lost most of the weight and am working on vanity pounds now.

OP, screencap it and when you see them post again, put it up. Bullies hate sunshine.

Nah, that will just get the OP a spanking. No point getting a strike when the post will just be deleted as soon as a mod sees it.
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    does anyone else get mean private messages from people they have never seen or interacted with on here at all?

No, that's so psycho! I would have screen shotted it and posted to shame them. You are beautiful and if anyone is sending you a mean message it's because they are so miserable with their life.
  • RNGRZulu
    RNGRZulu Posts: 3,964 Member
    Options
    ># Grrrr
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Nope...not even while repping my birth state of Mississippi
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I have never gotten a message from a stranger ever on here. Maybe a friend request from one.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I've received one or two encouraging PMs, and the occasional question. Honestly, most of the PMs I receive are come-ons (not that I'm tooting my own horn; it always baffles me because there are WAY hotter/fitter/smoking hot babes here), to the point that I don't check them as often as I might otherwise. I've never received a mean PM.

I'm sorry to hear that you have, though. Some people are just messed in the head. I once posted in an infidelity support board, and had someone google search my username and find contact information on me. They emailed me pretending to be the other woman, and said some really horrible, awful things. I know for a fact that it wasn't her (there was no way for her to know that I'd been posting online at all, let alone find the specific forum I was at), but it was still really hurtful. At the end of the day, some people just get a kick out of being cruel for no particular reason. Those kinds of people need serious professional help, because there's obviously something wrong with them.
  • seepersaud
    seepersaud Posts: 5,759 Member
    Options
    does anyone else get mean private messages from people they have never seen or interacted with on here at all?

No I haven't - thank goodness. I can't imagine what would motivate someone to do that other than the fact that they just have nothing going for them and want to spread the misery around.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Report them
  • PewterSky
    PewterSky Posts: 9,224 Member
    Options
    People can be really nasty. You're such a sweet natured, beautiful person. Pay no attention to it, you could report them though. Don't know how it works on mfp but such an act would usually get a member banned for good.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    That's what I was thinking. :(

They jealous?
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    never. how strange.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I just get really graphic sexual messages that make me want to mask my IP and add an extra lock to my front door.