What are your favorite "zero" calorie foods?

Options

Replies

• Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Added sweetener is bad for you.
    Anything that says "diet or light" is made with artificial sugar that may cause cancer or MS.

• melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Extra gum! The flavor last forever. Spearmint, sour apple, and classic bubblegum are my favorite flavors.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Anything that says "diet or light" is made with artificial sugar that may cause cancer or MS.

Lol, pretty sure artificial sweeteners will always b a part of my diet :wink:
    annette_15 wrote: »
    oh and waldenfarms chocolate and pancake syrup.. I know a lot of ppl dont like them, but I loooove them

I've mostly heard about their gross stuff (0 calorie "peanut butter," mayo, etc) but am intrigued by the 0 cal pancake syrup since it seems like fake sugar syrup is pretty hard to mess up. How similar is the taste to regular "pancake syrups"?

The pancake syrup is by far their best product. I think its amazing. Its just as good as any other sugar free syrup out there, if not better
  • Pelamblue
    Pelamblue Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Can't be bothered reading full thread bit in case anyone has already written this then apologies. Negative calorie food's are real... they are just food's that need more calories to break them down than they actually produce.. a lot of veg falls into this .
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options

Really?

Proof? Oh that's right..... there isn't any. Just horse-*kitten* studies done on RATS.... in a lab. Under absurd amounts per hour of the substances, which a human would consume in a week.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Pelamblue wrote: »
    Can't be bothered reading full thread bit in case anyone has already written this then apologies. Negative calorie food's are real... they are just food's that need more calories to break them down than they actually produce.. a lot of veg falls into this .

That's completely debunked. There are no negative calorie foods, that's a myth that has been dead for decades but keeps getting resurrected.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Really?

Proof? Oh that's right..... there isn't any. Just horse-*kitten* studies done on RATS.... in a lab. Under absurd amounts per hour of the substances, which a human would consume in a week.

WHAT?! YOU DON'T EAT YOUR BODY WEIGHT IN ASPARTAME?!

Dieting, you're doing it wrong.

And to not derail the thread, coffee with my lovely artificial sweetener, coke zero, lite spiced cider (it's my go to food when I feel like I'm getting sick to help get some extra vitamin c), and ALL THE SPICES.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Coke zero, sugar free Popsicles and jello. Fat free redi-whip (5 calories a serving!), broccoli with mustard, all the mustards, pickles, sugar free relish, shredded Parmesan (you need so little for lots of flavor).
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Fresca is the only thing I regularly reach for that's "zero" calorie.
  • SunflowerSandra
    SunflowerSandra Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Coffee & Tea (hot or cold-brewed). Water with a slice of lime. The only calories I like to drink are those with alcohol :p
  • ms_margaret
    ms_margaret Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    soy sauce, tea mix of celestial seasonings raspberry zinger and decaf "regular" tea, grated onions, pickles. Usually my zero calorie foods contain a lot of salt but not always.
  • Pelamblue
    Pelamblue Posts: 177 Member
    Options

That's completely debunked. There are no negative calorie foods, that's a myth that has been dead for decades but keeps getting resurrected.

Really !! I suggest you research this and come back
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

lol ..

no, they do not ..

dead wrong
  • ndj1979
    edited June 2015
    Options

please enlighten us as to how a food would contain negative calories..?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP - there are no zero calorie foods.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Tea with Truvia and Benefiber :smile: Mustard, pickles, and above all else, WATER!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    jessicapk wrote: »
    Tea with Truvia and Benefiber :smile: Mustard, pickles, and above all else, WATER!

pickles don't have calories, really? Mustard does not either..?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I really like Hansen's diet black cherry soda and just about every kind of tea.

I used to love the pomegranate version of this, but my TJ's doesn't carry it any more. I keep hoping it will come back. Coffee and tea are also some of mine (and yes, not truly zero, but close enough that I don't log them).

There are no foods that I'd eat that are so low cal I don't log, but pickles are pretty low calorie if I just want to eat something but have no calories, and peppers, vinegars, and mustards are super low cal for the flavor they add. So I guess a green salad with vinegar.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

I have. It's bunk.

http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=8888281&fileId=S0029665112003084
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Mustard, vinegar and hot sauce are my favourite near-0 cal foods, you can really zest up the flavour of other foods with them.

I think I have a mustard-hoarding problem. Whenever I see a new/different kind I don't have or haven't tried, I buy them. Thing is, I don't use that much at once (does anybody?) and so the jars pile up in the pantry...

Great place to stop when on a road trip: the Mustard Museum in Mt Horeb, Wisconsin.