Lost weight in the worst possible place.

Today was really hard for me. I won't lie, tears were shed. I am in desperate need of a pick-me-up.

I have been counting calories and doing CrossFit for six weeks, now. I feel great and while I was more comfortable in my clothes (yay water weight!) I wasn't really seeing big changes. The scale moved 3 or 4 pounds, so I knew something was happening, but was mystified as to where the weight was coming off from. I felt lighter.

Then it hit me today as I was getting sized for bras. I went from a 38DD to a 38B.

Size B.

I have always been the girl with the big boobs. I've been a C at least since I was 11 years old. The first time I lost weight three years ago, I went down 40 pounds and kept my Ds.

I've been so concerned with my figure I hadn't even noticed my breasts. I thought my bras didn't fit because they were old and stretched out.

This sounds shallow and horrible, but they were kind of a part of my physical identity. I've not lost weight anywhere else, and now my boobs are gone. I try to do the right thing and I work so hard, and what do I get?

I am so (literally) deflated and teary. I'm not sure how to get past this.

Replies

• milleloo67
    milleloo67 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey girlie. I know the feels. I started out with a C and mine shrank first (and unevely!) But I will tell you as other body parts have caught up in the slim down, things now look proportionate. And I promise you that there are so many other wonderful things about you besides your chest size, beginning with your dedication to taking care of yourself. If you keep at it, things will improve and you will feel better. Promise!!
  • half_moon
    half_moon Posts: 807 Member
    milleloo67 wrote: »
    Hey girlie. I know the feels. I started out with a C and mine shrank first (and unevely!) But I will tell you as other body parts have caught up in the slim down, things now look proportionate. And I promise you that there are so many other wonderful things about you besides your chest size, beginning with your dedication to taking care of yourself. If you keep at it, things will improve and you will feel better. Promise!!

Thanks for the kind words. Perhaps I will look proportional.

I broke down on the sizing lady at VS and she kind of stumbled around and said "a lot of people have smaller boobs! It is ok!" Cue more tears. She was only trying to comfort me but it was such a shock.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Be sure your Workouts include building up your Chest Muscles? Seems like that might be beneficial. But, truthfully as you continue to get more Fit, you will be proportionate, and all the Benefits Of THE Crossfit Strength Training will far Out Weigh losing a few Bob Inches. The Inches that remain will look FAN-DAM-TABULOUS!!
  • half_moon
    LJCannon wrote: »
    Be sure your Workouts include building up your Chest Muscles? Seems like that might be beneficial. But, truthfully as you continue to get more Fit, you will be proportionate, and all the Benefits Of THE Crossfit Strength Training will far Out Weigh losing a few Bob Inches. The Inches that remain will look FAN-DAM-TABULOUS!!

Yes, my chest is pretty sore after a few workouts. I'm regretting the lifting a bit at this point.
  • allyouwannado
    allyouwannado Posts: 32 Member
    I feel ya on the boobs front. The great thing is, even though you're down some sizes, and your boobs are physically smaller, they're still gonna LOOK fantastic since your body is also getting smaller and more toned. It may not feel like it at first, but the rest of your body will catch up!

Also, bra sizes are a crap shoot. It's possible you weren't even wearing the right size when you were a C earlier. And VS cup sizes ALWAYS fit small, at least on me! The size is just a stupid letter/number that doesn't define how awesome your boobs probably are :)
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    6 weeks? 3-4 pounds? And you went to the same brand as last time and are confident that both the 38DD and the 38Bs fit perfectly? Did you try on the same style?

Finally, have you noticed the shape change? Mine went from very round and a little droopy to flatter but perkier.

I have to tell you, it sounds fishy. As someone who has both sold lingerie AND lost 61 pounds, let me tell you my experience: The pounds never come off any one place, and you usually can't tell until you've lost more than 3-4. In my entire loss, I have gone from a 38D to a 34-36B (depending on brand). It seems unlikely to me that you truly did change that much. How old were your bras that felt stretched out, and how long had they felt that way? And have your cups looked underfilled, since that's where you've seen the loss?

Based on the information you've presented, I think you were either mis-measured last time or mis-measured this time. Or maybe both. Salesclerks don't always get a lot of training, even (especially) at Victoria's Secret.
  • half_moon
    6 weeks? 3-4 pounds? And you went to the same brand as last time and are confident that both the 38DD and the 38Bs fit perfectly? Did you try on the same style?

Yes, same brand, same generic push up.
    Finally, have you noticed the shape change? Mine went from very round and a little droopy to flatter but perkier.

I have, a bit. I've been staring at them all day. They seem a bit perkier. I'm sure because they aren't as heavy. ;_;
    How old were your bras that felt stretched out, and how long had they felt that way? And have your cups looked underfilled, since that's where you've seen the loss?

They were just over a year old. Definitely stretched a bit, but my boobs kept slipping out of them from the bottom. They did look under filled. All of this development since I started working out (probably about two-three weeks ago I noticed a small difference).
    Based on the information you've presented, I think you were either mis-measured last time or mis-measured this time. Or maybe both. Salesclerks don't always get a lot of training, even (especially) at Victoria's Secret.

I'm not sure that I was mismeasured before, because my size was always consistent. For the past 15 years.

This time, bam. B happened.

The bra looks good. Smooth everywhere. My breasts fill the cups in nicely. Before they would have been literally busting out of a B.

I'm not sure what I am missing here. I wouldn't have ever considered this possible.

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    I went from a 38C to a 32A lol... Breast tissue is almost all fat, so if you're losing weight, you'll unfortunately lose some of them whether you like it or not :/
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    half_moon wrote: »

I have, a bit. I've been staring at them all day. They seem a bit perkier. I'm sure because they aren't as heavy. ;_;
    How old were your bras that felt stretched out, and how long had they felt that way? And have your cups looked underfilled, since that's where you've seen the loss?

They were just over a year old. Definitely stretched a bit, but my boobs kept slipping out of them from the bottom. They did look under filled. All of this development since I started working out (probably about two-three weeks ago I noticed a small difference).

I'm not sure that I was mismeasured before, because my size was always consistent. For the past 15 years.

The bra looks good. Smooth everywhere. My breasts fill the cups in nicely. Before they would have been literally busting out of a B.

I'm not sure what I am missing here. I wouldn't have ever considered this possible.

I agree that losing 3-4 pounds doesn't sound right for losing 3 cup sizes... Plus boob falling out the bottom is a band size issue, not cup...
  • half_moon
    annette_15 wrote: »
    I went from a 38C to a 32A lol... Breast tissue is almost all fat, so if you're losing weight, you'll unfortunately lose some of them whether you like it or not :/

Not sure-- last time my cup size didn't change at all.
    I agree that losing 3-4 pounds doesn't sound right for losing 3 cup sizes... Plus boob falling out the bottom is a band size issue, not cup...

Could it be that I am actually a 34/36C instead of a 38B? And I lost fat on my sides and back? :/?
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Well, I think a good starting point now is to start measuring your waist, hips, breast, etc. That way you can totally track if and where you lost fat.

I'm sure the other parts of your body will follow and shrink down so you are nicely in proportion :)
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    My boobs are also on the way out and I am not bothered by it. I have great big boobs, but I am confident they will translate into great small boobs. Google Robin Wright for inspiration on how a slim body with small boobs rocks clothes, particularly tailored outfits. I have no problem looking like a dancer. Giant boobs stuck on small bodies? That is what always looks odd to me. No fake boobs for me thanks very much.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member

Could it be that I am actually a 34/36C instead of a 38B? And I lost fat on my sides and back? :/?

Much more likely, I think. Did you try a 36C or a 34D? (Both same cup size as 38B)
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member

Much more likely, I think. Did you try a 36C or a 34D? (Both same cup size as 38B)

This is WAY more likely.

I went, rather UNhappily, from a 38G to a 32J in the last year or so. I have the opposite problem in the sense that I am hoping my cup size goes down. But so far, not really happening :cry:
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member

I concur with everyone who thinks it's a band issue. I'm sure it's within the realm of possibility that you've lost that much from your cups, but it seems very soon in your loss to see those results.

When you lift your arms, does the bra band slide up? If it slides up enough that it goes over your boobs some, it's the band size that's changed.
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    It's most likely a band size issue. You were probably wearing too small of a band the first time around. Most women wear the wrong size bra. If you want a real fitting go to Nordstrom.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Today was really hard for me. I won't lie, tears were shed. I am in desperate need of a pick-me-up.

I have been counting calories and doing CrossFit for six weeks, now. I feel great and while I was more comfortable in my clothes (yay water weight!) I wasn't really seeing big changes. The scale moved 3 or 4 pounds, so I knew something was happening, but was mystified as to where the weight was coming off from. I felt lighter.

Then it hit me today as I was getting sized for bras. I went from a 38DD to a 38B.

Size B.

I have always been the girl with the big boobs. I've been a C at least since I was 11 years old. The first time I lost weight three years ago, I went down 40 pounds and kept my Ds.

I've been so concerned with my figure I hadn't even noticed my breasts. I thought my bras didn't fit because they were old and stretched out.

This sounds shallow and horrible, but they were kind of a part of my physical identity. I've not lost weight anywhere else, and now my boobs are gone. I try to do the right thing and I work so hard, and what do I get?

I am so (literally) deflated and teary. I'm not sure how to get past this.

Sweetie, you didn't. Go return those bras and get your 34Ds or DDs!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member

Mine aren't. They're actual breast tissue, for the most part. When I get fat, my belly just catches up! When I get pregnant, they get HUGE. I have ducts 3 finger widths down from my collar bones and into my armpits. :P I lose a little from my chest but not much.
  • raregem99
    raregem99 Posts: 88 Member

Mine aren't. They're actual breast tissue, for the most part. When I get fat, my belly just catches up! When I get pregnant, they get HUGE. I have ducts 3 finger widths down from my collar bones and into my armpits. :P I lose a little from my chest but not much.

Same here! I don't carry *much* fat there.

• fishcat123
    fishcat123 Posts: 74 Member
    I agree that it sounds like a strap sizing issue. Personally I've been losing a lot around the ribcage/bra strap area and also in the "back fat" area which makes my bras fit quite differently with even 5-10 lbs. I've gone from a 36C to a 34Bish in about 10 lbs, so definitely losing a bit from the girls, going from an hourglass figure to a pear which I'm honestly not thrilled about but oh well, I'm happy to be healthier and probably look better anyay.

That said, even if you ::really:: are two cup sizes smaller and they stay proportionally smaller --- there are some amazing pushup bras out there!