Options
2»

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    Skipping workouts due to sunburn? That's gotta be a new low in excuses.

I've thrown up, passed out and had seizures from sunburn. Don't hate on the pale people, man.

I'm the palest person on the entire forums. I've been sunburned badly enough and so many times that I've even sunburned my eyeballs before. Yes, it's a real thing.

If the OP was having seizures and such I don't think she would be asking these questions. Regular sunburn (first degree), redness and peeling skin? You can work out just fine. If you want to make excuses, that's fine, but I'd make better ones. Like claiming you were scorched while saving children from the orphanage fire down the road.
  • GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    WWAD?

What would Arnold do ;)
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    the salty sweat might sting, and I wouldn't wear long pants that rub on the skin, but otherwise, i think you're okay. Drink more water than usual - your skin needs to be hydrated. Aloe will feel nice and cool on your legs. There's something called Solarcaine that's fantastic for sunburn and sprays on icy cold.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Skipping workouts due to sunburn? That's gotta be a new low in excuses.

I've thrown up, passed out and had seizures from sunburn. Don't hate on the pale people, man.

I'm the palest person on the entire forums. I've been sunburned badly enough and so many times that I've even sunburned my eyeballs before. Yes, it's a real thing.

If the OP was having seizures and such I don't think she would be asking these questions. Regular sunburn (first degree), redness and peeling skin? You can work out just fine. If you want to make excuses, that's fine, but I'd make better ones. Like claiming you were scorched while saving children from the orphanage fire down the road.

If I wanted to just make up excuses I wouldn't make a forum asking if it was okay for me to workout. I think you're just here to be an *kitten*, right? It's unnecessary.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    kpfry67 wrote: »
    WWAD?

What would Arnold do ;)

I'm guessing he'd stay home and let the maid baby him a bit.

OP, how are your legs today? I'm so white that the sun reflects off of me--I've really never had sunburn on my legs. It sounds painful, though. I don't think that skipping a workout is the end of the world. I am assuming that you are not training for the Olympics and that your livelihood doesn't depend on making it to the gym each day. Hope you're feeling better today.
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Sunburns can be quite serious. If the pain isn't too bad my next worry would be dehydration. If both of your legs are burnt that is a lot of skin that needs to be re-hydrated to repair itself. I would up my water intake, and use aloe vera on the burned skin. Exercise should be okay if you make sure to stay hydrated.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    How cool is your zumba studio? we're in the 30s here (high 80s/low 90s F) and no air con so I'm missing zumba tomorrow night even without sunburn! I find the Clinique aftersun is the most effective - not cheap but it absorbs easily so is more effective with less product. (And no I'm not paid by Clinique! But always happy to accept freebies if Clinique want to PM me ;) )
  • hush7hush
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    kpfry67 wrote: »
    WWAD?

What would Arnold do ;)

I'm guessing he'd stay home and let the maid baby him a bit.

OP, how are your legs today? I'm so white that the sun reflects off of me--I've really never had sunburn on my legs. It sounds painful, though. I don't think that skipping a workout is the end of the world. I am assuming that you are not training for the Olympics and that your livelihood doesn't depend on making it to the gym each day. Hope you're feeling better today.

When I got home last night I went for a little jog to see if my legs could handle anything. As soon as my heart rate got up the pain got pretty intense. I ended up skipping the zumba and soaked in a super cold bath then coated my legs in aloe. Today they feel waaaaaay better. Still pretty red but the pain isn't there unless I touch it with quite a bit of pressure. Taking the day off was definitely the right choice. I'd rather skip a day and be able to hit it hard the next day as opposed to suffering through it and being in too much pain to give it any effort.
  • hush7hush
    Options
    Just a heads up though, I never thought my legs would burn so when I went tubing down the river I coated my arms/back with sunscreen and just put a thin layer on my legs. Not a good idea. Protect those babies just like you would any other part of your body. Pants suck with burned legs.