23 Years old and 502 pounds!

Options
13»

Replies

• Justinelovezumba32
    Justinelovezumba32 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request! Everybody could use a cheerleader!
  • BigMech
    BigMech Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Marvin. Im new to myfitnesspal and am getting ready to start a long journey. Im 23 years old and weigh 502 pounds. My goal weight is 200 pounds. That's all I have at the moment lol.

Hey Marvin, welcome to MFP! You can definitely do it. I started at 490lbs, and have been maintaining between 240 and 250 now for over 3 years after getting down to 230 at 6'6".

The key is picking a realistic plan and sticking with it. You need to make changes and form new habits that you will be able to continue for the rest of your life.

It took me about 2 years to lose a total of 260lbs. At the start, I was just walking in the morning, and eating less. It eventually progressed to joining a gym, and as the weight came off, I became more active. MFP has been great for tracking calorie intake, and if you are honest with logging stuff and stick to a calorie deficit, the weight should come off.
  • karmpaul
    karmpaul Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    macr0babe wrote: »
    You've got this. The hardest part is starting, but once you do nothing can stop you!
    I agree 100%, but it gets easier faster than we expect (at least that's what I've found). Once you start seeing results and people start complimenting you, you sort of just want to continue that. Also the bigger you are initially the faster you drop the pounds (and then it gets more and more challenging as you continue on).