Thigh GAP?

Options

Replies

• faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    ....Belly button "test" is mostly about flexibility, which is why it's so dumb. And anyone healthy weight can raise their shoulders a tiny bit and make their collarbones stand out a ton. Try it. Push your shoulders up and forward about half an inch.

It's just WEIRD what people are calling...attractive..or whatever. Either meaningless or bizarre. I guess there are people who want to checkbox themselves.

When you were a kid, did you all try to see who could lick their own nose with their tongue? This is like a 2015 version of that.

The boobs over bellies or whatever it was hashtag wasn't much better. I think the bellybutton one was started to get girls to show more body shots. So I won't be squeezing my tits for the pervs, either.

(And no, I can't. ;) )

TOTALLY AGREE.

There was this guy (who looks alot like a friend of mine back in middle school haha I remember him because he used to always walk around holding burritos or chips to share :blush: ) who made that belly button thing AN EPIC FAIL by showing how these trends are absolute BS.

belly%2Bbutton%2Bchallenge%2Bweibo.jpg
  • faithyang
    Options
    ....Belly button "test" is mostly about flexibility, which is why it's so dumb. And anyone healthy weight can raise their shoulders a tiny bit and make their collarbones stand out a ton. Try it. Push your shoulders up and forward about half an inch.

It's just WEIRD what people are calling...attractive..or whatever. Either meaningless or bizarre. I guess there are people who want to checkbox themselves.

When you were a kid, did you all try to see who could lick their own nose with their tongue? This is like a 2015 version of that.

The boobs over bellies or whatever it was hashtag wasn't much better. I think the bellybutton one was started to get girls to show more body shots. So I won't be squeezing my tits for the pervs, either.

(And no, I can't. ;) )

Yes! I tried to lick my own nose with my tongue so many times! Total fail!

I haven't tried that belly button trick but will report back on whether that is successful. Probably not because honestly I cannot even bend down and touch my toes without a hundred bones in places I didn't know exist crack, pop and bubble. :dizzy:
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    faithyang wrote: »

(And no, I can't. ;) )

I haven't tried that belly button trick but will report back on whether that is successful. Probably not because honestly I cannot even bend down and touch my toes without a hundred bones in places I didn't know exist crack, pop and bubble. :dizzy:

HAHA! I think that someone should start an elbow-licking Instagram trend....
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options

(And no, I can't. ;) )

TOTALLY AGREE.

There was this guy (who looks alot like a friend of mine back in middle school haha I remember him because he used to always walk around holding burritos or chips to share :blush: ) who made that belly button thing AN EPIC FAIL by showing how these trends are absolute BS.

belly%2Bbutton%2Bchallenge%2Bweibo.jpg

That is so awesome! LOL!
  • faithyang
    Options

(And no, I can't. ;) )

HAHA! I think that someone should start an elbow-licking Instagram trend....

I just tried (the elbow licking). Nope. No cigar. :disappointed:

Also, does it count if I move my belly towards my hand when trying out the belly button test?
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
  • faithyang
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Maybe we should start a new one. Like a positive fitness/lifestyle/health one. Not like those stupid thinspiration crap.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Maybe we should start a new one. Like a positive fitness/lifestyle/health one. Not like those stupid thinspiration crap.

I still like elbow-licking. ;)

I honestly only have a business account. I have a personality-driven business and mostly have my staff post about that sort of stuff. When I'm on screen, which is rarely because I have to do the whole hair/makeup thing to get the "look" of my brand, it's about that. And TBH, it's a bit more "body positive at any size" than it is about health/fitness, and so it's a deliberate close up so that you can't tell my size.

I see a lot of stuff because I interact with the fans of the brand, who are every sort of size/age/maturity level. LOL.
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It's the cost of clothing. The thighs of your jeans can only take so much abuse.

I'll probably never have thigh gap, though. A girl can dream...

Yes! Yes! I'm so tired of throwing away jeans because the thighs have holes on the inside!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

(And no, I can't. ;) )

And arm length! I'm extremely flexible, but my arms are really short. I totally fail at the belly-button test.

I have a thigh gap and can balance a whole roll of quarters on my clavicle...but I'm not anywhere near thin.

I think of these sorts of trends as just teenage silliness. Nobody actually takes them seriously...do they?
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Can you touch your toe to your mouth? Can you bend your leg backward and hold it behind you?
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options

Can you touch your toe to your mouth? Can you bend your leg backward and hold it behind you?

LOL!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options

(And no, I can't. ;) )

And arm length! I'm extremely flexible, but my arms are really short. I totally fail at the belly-button test.

I have a thigh gap and can balance a whole roll of quarters on my clavicle...but I'm not anywhere near thin.

I think of these sorts of trends as just teenage silliness. Nobody actually takes them seriously...do they?

Teenagers can be *kitten* about anything, I think.

I'm regretting the workout shorts I grabbed today. Too short. Chub rub still. :(

When I get under 130lbs, they don't touch when I walk. Dresses are SO much more comfortable. But that's not really a "gap" in the crazy pro-ana sense.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    pj55545 wrote: »
    if u have no gap ur fat

I had thigh gap when I weighed 250 pounds.

It's not a good test of...anything.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    pj55545 wrote: »
    if u have no gap ur fat

Ha. Banned on post 1. That was quick.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Is holding a roll of quarters under your stomach roll a thing? Because I could totally do that.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Is holding a roll of quarters under your stomach roll a thing? Because I could totally do that.

It would be quite the anti-ana statement. :)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

Ha. I could hold a roll of quarters under it, one above it, and two under my back flab.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options

Or boobs...The anti-"pencil test."