Options

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Not again. Why this topic again?

Arguments incoming

Is it not a lot of photoshop, leg and feet angle tricks etc.

I am more interested in a armpit gap. Having a gap between my arm and my chest.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

Arguments incoming

• DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    [yawn]
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    The only posts I see about this are people asking why other people want one. I don't think I've come across someone who actually wants one.

I think that's only because they're ashamed to admit they're that shallow. ;)
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    A lot of people want their thighs not to brush when they walk. That's what the woman who was going on about it was talking about last time. She didn't know that's not what it means.

Thighs not touching when your heels are together is a kind of back-of-the-napkin indication of anorexia-level low weight. It was first made know by a Hot Or Not TV show where women who were so thin that their thighs COULD NOT touch were called out as being too thin, unhealthy, and likely eating-disordered. This became, under the pro-ana crowd, then something to desire.

I've very rarely seen women this thin. Not one of them would make a BMI of 18.5. And it almost always occurs when one's knees become larger than one's thighs. Which is...well...not an attractive look to most people.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

Arguments incoming

Is it not a lot of photoshop, leg and feet angle tricks etc.

I am more interested in a armpit gap. Having a gap between my arm and my chest.

This guy is my ideal body shape. Look at that sexy armpit gap. Only 10 more kgsejfd0jhkpb2.jpg

• amdawells
    amdawells Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It's over rated. I've never heard of any women I know that actually wants a gap in their thighs. I prefer to look, healthy ... but that's my opinion. B)
  • Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My thighs have always touched. My hips are 43" and couldn't imagine anything less. Well maybe a little less lol
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    The only posts I see about this are people asking why other people want one. I don't think I've come across someone who actually wants one.

I think that's only because they're ashamed to admit they're that shallow. ;)

It could be that, too. I have a thigh gap, apparently. My husband commented on it the other day. Maybe I should start feeling superior now?
  • sassyjassy1222
    sassyjassy1222 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ive never had thigh gap even at my smallest. And i think you can only get thigh gap if you are built that way. I dont like when my thighs rub together when im wearing a skirt/dress and its super hot lmao. other than that I dont mind it. And i dont try to achieve it.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    3920140358132.png
  • MamaBirdBoss
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Oh, and of COURSE I have some space along some of my thighs when my knees touch, even if I have "chub rub" still. Everyone on the lower end of normal does. Most people on the lower end of normal have no chafing when they walk. It's "can't make them touch" that's usually a sign of anorexia or really extreme thinness.

Healthy, and what most people get at healthy weights: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://fruitlovehappiness.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/no-thigh-gap.jpg&imgrefurl=http://mindfullybliss.com/debunking-the-thigh-gap/&h=2000&w=2000&tbnid=K5dmaxiiqjz-YM:&zoom=1&docid=eub71XNts-pAtM&ei=AOORVdzoBIO2-AHilIG4Ag&tbm=isch&ved=0CFEQMygYMBg

What the pro-ana girls want is not.
  • Vanilla_Lattes
    Vanilla_Lattes Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I have one but I didn't seek it out
  • momar23
    momar23 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    ei3arnpp3uuf.jpeg

Lol!
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Its just another stupid trend. Sort of like how salted caramel is a big trend now, and cronuts and all sort of stupid garbage. Or the fact that there's this new thing a few weeks ago where being able to fit your arm behind and around your waist to reach your belly button called the "Belly button trend" was being floated around.
    image.jpg

Or the newest one I saw last week where you apparently are considered 'slim' if you can fit a row of 10 coins on your extruded collarbone - because if you're to be considered "desireable" you somehow have to have extruded bones aka bag of bones.

248701.jpg

Just more stupid garbage online these days to make any subset of people feel 'superior' to others over things they cannot really control. Its like the 'fair skin' obsession amongst people with dark skin as considered 'beautiful' and 'desireable'. There are beautiful women (and of course, handsome guys :smile: ) of all skin tones, shapes and sizes.

Diversity is what makes us humans beautiful. Can you imagine if we ALL LOOKED THE SAME. YUCK.
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I confess I tried the belly button thing today. After I failed I decided it was stupid.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ....Belly button "test" is mostly about flexibility, which is why it's so dumb. And anyone healthy weight can raise their shoulders a tiny bit and make their collarbones stand out a ton. Try it. Push your shoulders up and forward about half an inch.

It's just WEIRD what people are calling...attractive..or whatever. Either meaningless or bizarre. I guess there are people who want to checkbox themselves.

When you were a kid, did you all try to see who could lick their own nose with their tongue? This is like a 2015 version of that.

The boobs over bellies or whatever it was hashtag wasn't much better. I think the bellybutton one was started to get girls to show more body shots. So I won't be squeezing my tits for the pervs, either.

(And no, I can't. ;) )
  • MamaBirdBoss
    Options
    Gska17 wrote: »
    I confess I tried the belly button thing today. After I failed I decided it was stupid.

LOL. No way would I try it. I'm trying to reduce the mobility of my shoulder joints. They're unstable. That seems like a very, very bad idea for me to try, considering that! They click more than enough just getting DRESSED, thank-you-very-much. I don't need to try to injure them.