KettleWorx

Options
13»

Replies

• tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I started with a 10lb kettlebell and outgrew it quickly.
    You need something that is challenging.

I now use 35lbs, and two 20lbs bells for double work outs.

I saw big changes, granted its been a couple of years so I don't remember details.

One thing, is the cute-sy names.
    I prefer to know the real names for the moves.

I did the program, then branched out to more advanced rotuines.
  • only1gianna
    only1gianna Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 lbs in six months doing only the Kettleworx program and I only did the 3 20-minute workouts each week - nothing extra. Also did the Fat free in 42 - food plan that's included with 1 cheat meal a week. I started with a 5lb kettlebell and progressed onto a 10 and then 15lb each time I completed the program. I loved only working out 1 hour a week. It worked for me. I also did Jillian's 90 day body revolution after that. That was 3 years ago and I am still maintaining my weight loss :)
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I think estimating kettle bell calorie burns are almost impossible. I did 8 mins yesterday - but in that 8 mins I executed over 110 snatches with a 45lb bell - that is going to burn WAY more than someone doing 10 goblet squats rest or 1 min repeat with a 10 lb bell - there are too many factors in play - the weight you use, reps you execute, exercise you do - even the form of the exercise - I am training for competition so I use a form that actually preserves as much energy as possible so I can maintain a steady pace and non stop high rep count - there is no way I would be able to get as many hard form snatches with the same weight in 8 mins -