On average, how much sleep do u get?

Options

Replies

• Libertysfate
    Libertysfate Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Weekdays about 5 hours, weekend about 7-8, unless I have to work. But those 5 hours I do get aren't very restful.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I average between 6 and 8 hours of very efficient sleep. My fibit tracks my sleep, and it literally takes me 0 minutes most nights to fall asleep; my average efficiency is 95%. So, I can often get by quite well under 8 hours because it's good quality of sleep. However, if I'm under 6 hours, I really start to get fatigued, especially in the late afternoons. BTW, I'm 56.
  • ClareB1174
    ClareB1174 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    About 5 hours, but my youngest is 15 weeks old, so it's to be expected.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    3hrs avg, 5hrs max, 2hrs common, naps when I can.
  • GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Judging by my sleep on the weekends I'd want to sleep 71/2 to 8, but even after 20 years of getting up between 5 and 6 for work I just seem to get my butt to bed before 11:30 - 12
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Soggynode wrote: »

How do you live?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    4 to 5 hours sometimes 10
  • RBillard
    RBillard Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i get about 5 hours. we have two toddlers so i have to get in a run at 5:30am before we get them up for daycare (I have to lift weights on my lunch break). I've always been a night owl so find it hard to go to bed earlier, it's gonna have to happen though, pretty sure the lack of sleep is hurting my progress.
  • Lil_Lanie
    Lil_Lanie Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    around 6 if I'm lucky
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I am a night owl, so I tend to not go to bed until well after midnight. The necessity of having a job and earning an income means I have to deal with an alarm clock during the week, which usually goes off ~7:40.

That means, on a weeknight, i wont get more than 6.5-7 hrs, tops. I probably average closer to 5.

On the weekends, I still stay up late, but I don't enforce a wake up time ( single, no kids ). Some days I wake up early, others I sleep late. I let my body ( and how tired I am ), dictate what it needs. I've slept for 4 hrs, ive slept for 10, and I've pulled all nighters.

As far as recovery is concerned, I believe the typical recommendation is 7+ hrs a night. My schedule doesn't seem to impact my ability to get back to the gym and complete my workouts, and I've had no major injuries, so its working for me atm. Can't really determine if it would be better, worse, or the same if I slept more ... don't have the data to compare.
  • siobhanmarie440
    siobhanmarie440 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    About 5/6 but super chirpy on 8 :)
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    If I get less than 4, it seriously affects my work-outs. 5 or more, I get through them just fine. More than 6 and I am a well-oiled machine.
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I average about 5-6 hours during the work week, when I probably need to sleep more but my head is working too much to get some actual rest.

On the weekends I can spend the entire day in twilight slumber.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Sunday-Thursday about 5-6 hours a night. Which is not near enough and by about Wednesday I'm dragging and sometimes take an early evening nap if given the chance. I am also a night owl and stay up until 11 or 12 even though I have to be up at 5am.
    Friday and Saturday nights as much as 10 hours of sleep. We stay up late, but sleep late too. Our kids are late sleepers too so that helps.
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    3-4 hours, i dont sleep lots
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    On a work night, probably 6-7 hrs, and the weekend I get about 8-9. But I do have a 4-year old who can quickly turn that into 4 or 5.
  • Horrorfox
    Horrorfox Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    As a single dad to a 5 year old, and a full time overnight job, I get about 2-3 hours straight a day, and about 2 15-30 minute naps. Possibly one day a week I get about 7. It's been like this for just about 5 years now, and I've gotten used to it. My blood work has shown normal levels of Testosterone, and I still have energy throughout the day. I just eat a good amount of fruit.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    according to my garmin I sleep about 7 hours a night. 4 in a light, restless sleep and 3 in the deep sleep. I'd like to be less restless but I think it is the fault of my 4 and 2 year old sneaking into the bed every night.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Becka4prez wrote: »
    Soggynode wrote: »

How do you live?
    I'm not entirely sure. I sleep when I'm tired and I'm awake when I'm not. Been this way for 20+ years, go figure.

• chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I average 6-7 each night, but it is interrupted. I feel best after 9 hours, but that doesn't happen often! Thankfully, my youngest son is in school all day, which means I can have an uninterrupted nap once in a while! I'm a sleep hog, I know, but have always been this way. I wish I could function well after only 6 hours, but I just drag all day long.