Strong Lifts 5 x 5 program for the beginner :)

Options
1234568»

Replies

• frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Oh THANK YOU for bumping this!

I had forgotten about these infographics. I'm going to be starting SL5x5 at a gym soon and the guy at the gym had never heard of it and I need to explain it to him simply, and on top of it, we literally do not speak the same language (well, he speaks a little English) and this will help SO MUCH. In fact, I might shop for a different gym and this will help no matter where I end up.

Thank you, thank you!

(I'm also gonna google search stronglifts infographic to see if I can find one that doesn't use silhouettes, just because the girl isn't parallel during the row. :wink: )
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    There are stacks of vids on you tube... its what I did when I was starting out... also had a pt show me how to do it and check my form... :)
  • UCSMiami
    UCSMiami Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The OP posted a video link http://www.pinterest.com/zooktography/stronglifts/ in a later thread.
    One can youtube search for Mark Rippetoe and find all of his videos analyzing the various lifts. The science behind the lifts is fascinating.
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    *bump* to read later
  • Skarlet13
    Skarlet13 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    bump
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump! :)
    <3
  • ironbutterfly_
    Options
    Bump
  • buzybev
    buzybev Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TJtastic
    TJtastic Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    THANKS - breaks it down very simply!
  • ironbutterfly_
    Options
    Ok so if your anything like me, you may be confused about the strong lifts 5 x 5 program, because A. what the heck is a deadlift? press? row? and B. theres a whole lot of info on that website to filter through and C. confused what 5 x 5 stands for anyways, Or maybe I'm just a visual person so it helps to see it like this :) So I went searching for more info on it and happened to come across these on pinterest, and now because of it I will actually know what it is I'm attempting :) Hope it helps someone else too :)

c343266bd7a73284cd984059433483fc.jpg[/URL]

35255eaa0f2b2a0ab0d71bea2a02c93e.jpg[/URL]

stronglifts.jpg
  • donnah19882013
    Options
  • iw2198
    iw2198 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CelebrityStatus
    CelebrityStatus Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    This is great!
  • jenanon1
    jenanon1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • MrFX
    MrFX Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing the Strong Lifts 5x5 program right now? I started recently and am looking for a MFP friends to keep each other motivated with this program.

I've been lifting for a while but this is my first experience with a real program that is 100% barbell, feels good to ditch all the machines. I absolutely love how simple it is to follow and how hard it kicks your butt when you really push the lifts.
  • kittikat1119
    kittikat1119 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    In on this for later!