Re: Dislike sugar cereals advertising on a site for fitness.

Options

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    They can also be "related" to your searches by keywords. I was looking for toys for my nephew, now all my ads are for Pull-Ups and toddler fashion.

Oh and I was raised on Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Corn Pops, and Apple Jacks. For 42 years I've never been more than 10 lbs overweight, no medical issues, hardly ever get sick, perfect blood work. Maybe the bad artificial flavors cancel out the bad sugars? Medical mystery...

It's the cinnamon in the Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Raises your metabolism, don'tcha know?

Oooo, good point! I forgot about the magic of cinnamon.
    Damn, now I need to pick up some Cinnamon Toast Crunch on the way home.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch is at its best served over ice cream. In case you needed ideas :drinker:

Omg. You devil, you!

I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    They can also be "related" to your searches by keywords. I was looking for toys for my nephew, now all my ads are for Pull-Ups and toddler fashion.

Oh and I was raised on Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Corn Pops, and Apple Jacks. For 42 years I've never been more than 10 lbs overweight, no medical issues, hardly ever get sick, perfect blood work. Maybe the bad artificial flavors cancel out the bad sugars? Medical mystery...

It's the cinnamon in the Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Raises your metabolism, don'tcha know?

Cinnamon Toast Crunch is at its best served over ice cream. In case you needed ideas :drinker:

I'll do you one better...

Crush cinnamon toast crunch and spread in a pie plate. Get a small ice cream scoop or melon baller and scoop vanilla ice cream, then roll in the cereal mixture. Put the scoops in a cupcake liner in a muffin tin, stick in freezer to harden. Serve with drizzled caramel sauce over it.

Tastes like fried ice cream.

You're welcome.

Got to try this.

Way too many steps. Can I just take a spoonful of ice cream and stick a cinnamon toast crunch piece on top?

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Plus the corn in corn pops and the apples in apple jacks are totally good for you!

No, no - the corn and apples are non-organic and GMO. They will kill you.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    The Trifecta
    monsters.jpg

-The Happy Rainbows and Unicorn Sparkles MFP Welcome Crew
  • glassyo
    Options
    I would totally do Count Chocula.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Crush cinnamon toast crunch and spread in a pie plate. Get a small ice cream scoop or melon baller and scoop vanilla ice cream, then roll in the cereal mixture. Put the scoops in a cupcake liner in a muffin tin, stick in freezer to harden. Serve with drizzled caramel sauce over it.

You're welcome.

Got to try this.

Way too many steps. Can I just take a spoonful of ice cream and stick a cinnamon toast crunch piece on top?

Dude. You get to pound cereal with your fists or a rolling pin or a mallet. You can probably log that as exercise.

You don't want to try my awesome faux fried ice cream, that's fine. But @Alyssa_Is_LosingIt can attest to my amazing food hacks like the Peeps S'Mores and how life changing they are...

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    I would totally do Count Chocula.

He really is a sexy man. Very exotic.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

You're welcome.

Got to try this.

Dude. You get to pound cereal with your fists or a rolling pin or a mallet. You can probably log that as exercise.

You don't want to try my awesome faux fried ice cream, that's fine. But @Alyssa_Is_LosingIt can attest to my amazing food hacks like the Peeps S'Mores and how life changing they are...

Agreed. You have the best food hacks, @WinoGelato . I'm going to be trying the faux fried ice cream post haste.
  • glassyo
    Options

You're welcome.

Got to try this.

Agreed. You have the best food hacks, @WinoGelato . I'm going to be trying the faux fried ice cream post haste.

Wanna come make all these delicious hacks for me then? :P Nothing ever turns out as awesome as they're supposed to when I make them. I can even screw up a simple chicken and bbq sauce in the crockpot thing. :(

(No. Wait. I think that was actually edible.)

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

You're welcome.

Got to try this.

Wanna come make all these delicious hacks for me then? :P Nothing ever turns out as awesome as they're supposed to when I make them. I can even screw up a simple chicken and bbq sauce in the crockpot thing. :(

Let's do it. I'll bring the wine.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

You're welcome.

Got to try this.

In.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I don't browse cereal sites. High sugar cereals is not a good way to lose weight. Sugar is not very healthy for anyone. Sugar substitutes are worst.

*sigh* you just don't pay attention, do you? In the very first response I explained how you don't need to be googling Lucky Charms to get the ads. I don't know why I bother sometimes.
  • glassyo
    Options

You're welcome.

Got to try this.

In.

Always in for food. :)

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I don't browse cereal sites. High sugar cereals is not a good way to lose weight. Sugar is not very healthy for anyone. Sugar substitutes are worst.

Since I messed up the name of it before, I will mention again that following a particular conversation at MFP I began getting incessant ads for a product called Larvets for a while.

Needless to say, I don't browse mealworm sites. High protein mealworms are not a good way to lose weight (well, for me, because I don't wish to eat them). Mealworms, like sugar, should be consumed in moderation, rather than to excess. Mealworm substitutes are the worst.

(The substitutes, of course, are the sugar-free gummi worms. The reviews at amazon will demonstrate why they are apparently the worst.)
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

Since I messed up the name of it before, I will mention again that following a particular conversation at MFP I began getting incessant ads for a product called Larvets for a while.

Needless to say, I don't browse mealworm sites. High protein mealworms are not a good way to lose weight (well, for me, because I don't wish to eat them). Mealworms, like sugar, should be consumed in moderation, rather than to excess. Mealworm substitutes are the worst.

(The substitutes, of course, are the sugar-free gummi worms. The reviews at amazon will demonstrate why they are apparently the worst.)

:D

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

You're welcome.

Got to try this.

My kids totally approved of the Peeps S'Mores, by the way.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    shell1005 wrote: »
    New-French-Toast-Crunch-Box.jpg

You shut your mouth.

I want to go to there.

I bought those a couple months ago...
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    senecarr wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Why? I think your ads are based on your google searches anyway. I get adult diapers and clothing ads.

No they're not. Even if you search for anything in the MFP database, it will show up.

Although I'm not sure why I keep getting plus size clothing ads.

Yes, the ads do have a connection to your Google search. The biggest ad server out there is Doubleclick and they're owned by Google.

Nice try considering that I don't use Google ever.

ETA: I guess I should have said that ads are not *necessarily* based on your Google searches only.

Indeed, they aren't only your Google search. There are huge numbers of things that go into what ads the system will show you. Generally speaking the ad server probably has a pretty good idea of your age range, your gender, your household income, sites you've visited that use the same ad server, the list goes on.