Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Why do (some) men.....

Replies

• Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Why do you care about what other men do in the gym!!!

Focus on your workouts and goals!!!
  • Nishi2013
    Nishi2013 Posts: 210 Member
    It is a generalization, but unfortunately true in many cases. The people I've encountered at the gym have pretty bad form on most of their lifts.

And yes, I should be minding my own business. :tongue:

Totally agree with last statement... hence I will wait until they hurt themselves and then dial 911. ;-)
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Nothing wrong with lifting weight you can only do 5 reps with.
    Now, the form is a different issue..
  • kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    When I'm done doing my "arched back super heavy bench press" I like to run around the gym, squawk, and wave my arms at the other lifters. Then I walk by the treadmill row with my chest puffed out.
  • Nishi2013
    Why do you care about what other men do in the gym!!!

Focus on your workouts and goals!!!

Not a guy and kinda hard to miss a scrawny dude struggling with a 50lb weight when they are right in front of you.
  • Nishi2013
    Nothing wrong with lifting weight you can only do 5 reps with.
    Now, the form is a different issue..

Yes. Its the form that's the issue.
  • When I'm done doing my "arched back super heavy bench press" I like to run around the gym, squawk, and wave my arms at the other lifters. Then I walk by the treadmill row with my chest puffed out.
    STILL sexy :wink:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Oh, and as a side note, it is important to realize that you may not know what each persons fitness goals are. If they are looking for hypertrophy and have already fatigued their muscles, they may be using the poor form in order to squeeze out just a few more reps to further the fatigue. I don't necessarily agree with this approach, but it's their workout, their body.
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    When I'm done doing my "arched back super heavy bench press" I like to run around the gym, squawk, and wave my arms at the other lifters. Then I walk by the treadmill row with my chest puffed out.

I'd watch that!
  • Nishi2013
    Oh, and as a side note, it is important to realize that you may not know what each persons fitness goals are. If they are looking for hypertrophy and have already fatigued their muscles, they may be using the poor form in order to squeeze out just a few more reps to further the fatigue. I don't necessarily agree with this approach, but it's their workout, their body.

Nope. Those types are recognizable by their usually good form. Characters I am talking about are in a class of their own. I do believe its what you first said; ego and/or lack of knowledge.
  • Nishi2013

I'd watch that!

Yep. That would actually be fun to watch. Not painful...
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    ego and stupidity cause they will....end up with injuries at some point
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Gym-Equipment-Your-Doing-It-Wrong.jpg
  • whierd

Girls gotta advertise!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member

Conversely, most women tend to always reach for the pretty pink toddler sized weights.

Wait, What? There are pink toddler sized weights? I must be going to the wrong gym.
  • whierd
    This made me cringe pretty hard.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-24410-1343854369-2.gif
  • Nishi2013

Conversely, most women tend to always reach for the pretty pink toddler sized weights.

Wait, What? There are pink toddler sized weights? I must be going to the wrong gym.

There are yellow and blue ones too and all the colors of the rainbow....
  • Nishi2013

Girls gotta advertise!

May be she is on to something new....
  • Nishi2013
    This made me cringe pretty hard.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-24410-1343854369-2.gif

Yeah. Don't wanna see that before heading to bed. Stuff of nightmares.
  • whierd
    thats-gotta-hurt-gifs-lifting.gif