Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    MrsGreco wrote: »
    You're gonna get a lot of crap talking from a lot of people on here lol- Just a heads up.

But I LOVE the skinny tea. I drink tea on the regular anyway and I love the way it makes me feel. I personally do the SkinnyMint. I feel energized, gets rid of bloating and taste great. It also doesn't make you go poop 100 times a day like people think. It keeps you regular though :)

Taking laxatives on a regular basis can cause you to become dependent on them, to the point where you will not be able to "go" without them.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/constipation/in-depth/laxatives/art-20045906?pg=2

I never said I take them regularly. I do a 14-day when I feel like I need an extra boost. I'm on one now, last one I did was the first two weeks in Jan. I'm definitely not dependent on laxatives lol

That sounds pretty "regularly" to me...as opposed to most people who have never taken one in their lifetime.

That was 6 months ago, and the first time I ever did a cleanse lol I hardly call that regularly.

So you've done the product all of twice, so you feel that you know more about the subject than we do?

giphy.gif
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    You're gonna get a lot of crap talking from a lot of people on here lol- Just a heads up.

But I LOVE the skinny tea. I drink tea on the regular anyway and I love the way it makes me feel. I personally do the SkinnyMint. I feel energized, gets rid of bloating and taste great. It also doesn't make you go poop 100 times a day like people think. It keeps you regular though :)

Taking laxatives on a regular basis can cause you to become dependent on them, to the point where you will not be able to "go" without them.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/constipation/in-depth/laxatives/art-20045906?pg=2

I never said I take them regularly. I do a 14-day when I feel like I need an extra boost. I'm on one now, last one I did was the first two weeks in Jan. I'm definitely not dependent on laxatives lol

That sounds pretty "regularly" to me...as opposed to most people who have never taken one in their lifetime.

That was 6 months ago, and the first time I ever did a cleanse lol I hardly call that regularly.

So, you know this stuff isn't losing you any actual weight from fat. And it isn't "cleansing" anything. Right?
    You're losing some water weight which will come rushing right back as soon as you eat some carbs. How is it worth it?

WTF are you guys talking about? I never said I was an expert. She asked is anyone did it, I simply replied and told my experiance. Then went to mention you aren't losing any body fat just water weight. I stated I don't do them regularly, this was what I had from my previous experience.

In your original reply, you insinuated that we were just on here to "talk crap" about the product, and then you proceeded to go into your personal experience with them, implying that you use the product all the time, and talked about how great it made you feel. Then you backpedaled with every reply after that one.

We provided facts as to why the product is bunk, and you're still defending the product, for reasons that are beyond me.

I said the "crap talking" because people on here dislike any type of cleanse, and totally that's fine..you don't lose fat and that's a fact. I wasn't trying to bash anyone. I apologize if it hurt your feelings. I stated I drink tea on the regular (meaning I drink normal tea, not the skinny tea. Sorry if you misunderstood me) And yes I am going to stand by the product I used. It did make me feel great! Everyone does stuff differently. No need to attack anyone. I was simply giving my review of the product, sorry you don't agree with me.

Just to clarify, I don't get my "feelings hurt" on the forums.

Also, no one was attacking you. We were trying to get you to understand where we were coming from and questioning your claims, which is pretty standard in even normal, every day conversations. We don't "dislike" cleanses and detoxes, we know without a doubt that they don't work AT ALL and try to steer people away from wasting their money on them.

As usual, Alyssa is spot on ^^

I will add, some of us (myself included) tend to get more emotional about them than we probably should at times because of the absolutely unethical claims and practices they use to prey on those desperate to lose weight.

I do agree with that 100%
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

So you've done the product all of twice, so you feel that you know more about the subject than we do?

giphy.gif

So, you know this stuff isn't losing you any actual weight from fat. And it isn't "cleansing" anything. Right?
    You're losing some water weight which will come rushing right back as soon as you eat some carbs. How is it worth it?

WTF are you guys talking about? I never said I was an expert. She asked is anyone did it, I simply replied and told my experiance. Then went to mention you aren't losing any body fat just water weight. I stated I don't do them regularly, this was what I had from my previous experience.

In your original reply, you insinuated that we were just on here to "talk crap" about the product, and then you proceeded to go into your personal experience with them, implying that you use the product all the time, and talked about how great it made you feel. Then you backpedaled with every reply after that one.

We provided facts as to why the product is bunk, and you're still defending the product, for reasons that are beyond me.

I said the "crap talking" because people on here dislike any type of cleanse, and totally that's fine..you don't lose fat and that's a fact. I wasn't trying to bash anyone. I apologize if it hurt your feelings. I stated I drink tea on the regular (meaning I drink normal tea, not the skinny tea. Sorry if you misunderstood me) And yes I am going to stand by the product I used. It did make me feel great! Everyone does stuff differently. No need to attack anyone. I was simply giving my review of the product, sorry you don't agree with me.

Also, no one was attacking you. We were trying to get you to understand where we were coming from and questioning your claims, which is pretty standard in even normal, every day conversations. We don't "dislike" cleanses and detoxes, we know without a doubt that they don't work AT ALL and try to steer people away from wasting their money on them.
    Understood. Just felt like I was being singled out and attacked for giving an honest review. That's all.

Well, to be fair, you were the only person to come into the thread to defend the laxative teas. Maybe that's why you felt singled out. :lol:

However, we would've had the same reaction to anyone who came in here saying that. Mainly because people who use them may not realize that it's dangerous to drink them due to the laxatives and due the lack of oversight of their production, so you really can't know what's actually in them and in what amounts. A lot of people who have no idea what they're doing lurk these forums. We want to make sure that they have the best information possible to make an informed decision on a product like skinny tea.
  • MrsGreco
    MrsGreco Posts: 134 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

I will add, some of us (myself included) tend to get more emotional about them than we probably should at times because of the absolutely unethical claims and practices they use to prey on those desperate to lose weight.

They should not promote them the way they do. They are not to lose body fat.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

They should not promote them the way they do. They are not to lose body fat.

Agreed. They have some really shady marketing practices, which makes them a pretty unethical company in my eyes.
  • MrsGreco
    MrsGreco Posts: 134 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

Understood. Just felt like I was being singled out and attacked for giving an honest review. That's all.

Well, to be fair, you were the only person to come into the thread to defend the laxative teas. Maybe that's why you felt singled out. :lol:

However, we would've had the same reaction to anyone who came in here saying that. Mainly because people who use them may not realize that it's dangerous to drink them due to the laxatives and due the lack of oversight of their production, so you really can't know what's actually in them and in what amounts. A lot of people who have no idea what they're doing lurk these forums. We want to make sure that they have the best information possible to make an informed decision on a product like skinny tea.

lol true, and thank you :smile: