Meal replacement shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    shabaity wrote: »
    I'm considering using em mostly because the thought of solid food before noon kinda makes my stomach churn. Atkins has an interesting one very little carbs lots of protein, I'm counting on my fruit addiction to make up the difference carbwise.

IMHO, Atkins shakes are thin and completely unsatisfying. The taste isn't too bad but they're thin like milk. Maybe if you blend them with some ice to give them some "bulk" they'd be better, but I don't know.

I've actually found Cytosport 100% whey protein powder to be better for me. 1 scoop with water is 140 calories for 27 grams of protein and only 3 grams of carbs. And it's much cheaper since it's not pre-packaged and I buy a big bag at Costco. Of course, it's all about what you like and don't but that's my preference.
  • mistib1229
    mistib1229 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do a protein shake in the mornings simply because I am not a breakfast-eater by nature. Before I started getting healthy and working out I just didn't eat until lunch. So I actually added in a protein shake because I needed the energy. But I make my own. I do a scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1 banana, 1 cup milk and 2 tbs peanut butter. I wouldn't personally eliminate a meal and replace it with a shake.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I always get sick doing them as replacement meals. There is a risk of diverticulitis with long term use because it is difficult to get needed fiber with some plans.