why do people hate country music?

Options

Replies

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Country music drives me into a rage.

Rap / Hip Hop drives me in into a rage. Country is good but pre Garth Brooks country.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Im in Nashville. 'nuff said :sick:
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I LOVE country music!! All of it! I also listen to Rock, Southern Rock, Classic Rock, 90's Alternative, 70's & 80's Pop and even a tiny bit of rap. I can't wait to buy my tickets to Sunday in the Country this week, to see Gary Allen, Brantley Gilbert, Florida Georgia Line and Randy Houser!!
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I like Miranda Lambert's "Momma's Broken Heart"

Several good lines.

"Run and hide your crazy and start acting like a lady"

I know every word to that song! And so do my 7 and 4 year old. HA! Love that song =)
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Country music LOVER here. No shame =) I especially like the old 80's country or older.
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I don't "hate" country music. I just don't like a good bit of it. And don't listen to very much at all. Most of what I hear as country todaydoesn't interest me in the bit. Some of the older country music that I heard growing up is a bit more tolerable, but still don't listen to it much.

Usually we listen to what we relate to or what comforts us. For each person that's different.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    "why do people hate country music?"

Because when you play it backwards, you get the girl, the dog and the truck back.
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love country music! I didn't really like it in high school (except Josh Turner. My goodness I loved that deep voice) but things changed when I actually listened to it! I like a wide range of music but I found that I was getting annoyed with the radio filled with Lady Gaga and other songs that annoyed me and were played all the time so I switched to the country station and just loved the deeper songs that were fun to listen to. Now I listen all the time :)

Everyone has there own taste. I think that there are songs/artists within every genre that I like and I hate it all depends on what speaks to me! Overall though music is awesome :)
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I didn't grow up with country music. I learned to love it through my Irish dancing background, which got me to listen to bluegrass, which got me to listen to more mainstream country music, and from living next to a church that had a gospel choir.
  • babycakes1970
    babycakes1970 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    In our house we are ALL about classic eighties rock! My hubby does NOT like modern country music but he does like old Hee-Haw style of country music. My daughter who is severely autistic does not like any music with a twangy sound like a banjo. I like some country music but like my girls I listen to eighties bands.
  • rikwaynik
    rikwaynik Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I like some of every genre except maybe metal. Even then, I respect it. I have more country in my collection than any other genre. I don't care as much for the latest artists though and for some reason I've never taken to Garth Brooks. Is that weird? :) My favorites are: Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw, John Anderson, John Conlee, Patty Loveless and Lee Ann Womack. By the way, you pretty much have to go country if you want to find anything patriotic.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    There are two reasons... One is that country music is perceived as all sounding the same... Another reason is that country music fans are perceived as racist...

Actually, like all musical types there are great songs, average, and poor songs... I remembered what the late Ray Charles said about what makes country music great... It is the stories that country music tells is what makes it great...

I think that people are becoming too polarized about everything... But, I do not feel that a solution will come... People tend to be their own source of evil... That is people in this day and age are to quick to pass judgment upon others... Perhaps I am guilty of that as well...

I hope that what I said made some sense...

I am not a super fan of country music... But, I am willing to acknowledge that there are some great country music songs...
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I used to hate it but now I really like it. I just saw Kenny Chesney in concert last Saturday and had a GREAT time! Damn, those country folk get pretty crazy!:laugh: :drinker:
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    It's way too twangy and it sounds like one big, whiny complaint.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Because it makes me want to shove knives into my ears to make it stop.

As someone who grew up in the South, it's a complete embarrassment to me.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Probably for the same reason I hate (c)rap... that psuedo R&B that has turned into (c)rap and electronica/techno (all of which I don't consider actual music).

*While listening to our Country Top 40 Station*
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Same reason people hate rock, or hate rap, or hate pop, or hate classical,etc. Because it's just not their taste.

Yup!
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    "I was drunk, the day my Mom got out of prison..."
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I hate most Southern accents and many country singers have Southern accents when they sing.

This comment is just unkind. Should I say that I hate Yankee accents? New Jersey accents? Geesh! I speak with correct grammar but I have a strong southern accent. Why? Because I was raised in Alabama. Anyway....just thought this was off subject.

Not a HUGE country fan but like some of the rock country. However, I do understand as a musician how some people do not like country. It breaks every grammatical rule, makes you depressed from the sad content and is just not good music. BUT, man can you dance to it. Truck yeah!!! (Tim McGraw for all y'all non country fans!) Fun stuff!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Closed minded not all country music is the same. How can you deny the classics like Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, and Willie Nelson? There is some that doesnt sound very good. Like I can't take the "God bless 'merica" songs that were such a hit post 9-11, but there are others that I love.