"Asking if I've lost weight isn't a compliment"

Options
1111213141517»

Replies

• Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I think it's fairly hilarious that OP hasn't given her thoughts on the article.

14stirreddown.jpg

I just enjoyed the ride
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Livgetfit wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I think it's fairly hilarious that OP hasn't given her thoughts on the article.

14stirreddown.jpg

I just enjoyed the ride

enhanced-buzz-1434-1358286336-6.jpg
  • meddaugh48
    meddaugh48 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    She's just bitter because she's fat and hasn't done anything about it.

2 thumbs up here!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    People who write about not being able to get to a healthy weight are not of interest to me. The fact is that 90% or more people who lose weight gain it back within 2 to 5 years, so, of course one might get defensive about questions like this.

No one asks if I've lost weight. They ask how I've developed such attractive shoulders. o:)
  • stephchadz
    stephchadz Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Discussing my weight at all is not acceptable. It is a horribly rude topic and I'd rather be punched in the face then discuss my weight with random people with no social skills who think it is an acceptable topic.

I completely agree. I learned early in childhood that you shouldn't discuss others weight. It's just not right. I also had several friends in high school who had eating disorders so weight couldn't be discuss around them. Just based off of that alone I never talk about weight in public settings so I don't trigger anyone.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    stephchadz wrote: »
    Discussing my weight at all is not acceptable. It is a horribly rude topic and I'd rather be punched in the face then discuss my weight with random people with no social skills who think it is an acceptable topic.

I completely agree. I learned early in childhood that you shouldn't discuss others weight. It's just not right. I also had several friends in high school who had eating disorders so weight couldn't be discuss around them. Just based off of that alone I never talk about weight in public settings so I don't trigger anyone.
    You just triggered me.