I beat Diabetes type 2

WillowMoon27
WillowMoon27 Posts: 18 Member
edited July 2015 in Success Stories
Yes you read right. I am no longer diabetic. I been diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 14. I was always a heavy girl. Very shy and I saw comfort in food. My biggest I have ever been was 324 at size 24. I'm now 260 and a size 18. I went to the doctor yesterday and went to get my blood results. She says"Michelle don't ever say your diabetic again" I didn't understand.. She showed me my lab results and my jaw hit the floor. I shouted BLESSED BE. I'm so happy. My hardwork paid off. Working out in the bathroom of my house because I was too shy and scared to go to a gym. Cut out soda...rice..fried foods and went organic.(75%). I use a 85/15 measure percent when it comes to eating. I Love to dance and that what kept me going and one other thing. Marijuana.!!!! Yes, you read right again!! Mary Jane. I want to let everybody know who reads this that marijuana is NOT a drug. It's a life changer. I would smoke then go workout. Gives me energy and relaxs me. Thanks for reading. I wish I knew how to post pictures. I would post lab results. Thank you. Contact or comment.

Replies

• EstherDube
    EstherDube Posts: 1 Member
  • topathemorning
    topathemorning Posts: 346 Member
    Wow! Congrats on that transformation!
  • topathemorning
    topathemorning Posts: 346 Member
    What's the 85/15 deal?
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    That is so awesome, congrats. My step son age 12 was diagnosed with type 2, two years ago, sadly with his other parent who he lives with, he has got quite huge and is now on other meds that are meant for type 1's, his numbers are always through the roof, when we have him his numbers stay in check and we don't need to give him those meds, but he was pulled from us and now we have to fight to get him. Sorry for all the detail. this does give me lots of hope for him, if we are able to get him. God bless and keep up the great work, I am beyond happy for you.
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Brilliant result :)
  • southcitystudio
    southcitystudio Posts: 627 Member
    Truly life changing!!!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    edited July 2015
    What a gift you've given to yourself - congratulations and well done!

I cannot however condone the 420 workouts - I tried that once, went to a boxing class and punched myself in the face. Be safe, people! :)

PS - if you have a picture on your computer or online, use the icon circled below to add it to your post. k5j8t7nsgyml.jpg
  • misskitty2018
    misskitty2018 Posts: 68 Member
    you are doing great!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for posting your story ;)
  • WillowMoon27
    Thank you everyone!!!
  • WillowMoon27
    I'm using a cellphone. I'll go on my laptop and post pics .
  • WillowMoon27
    @topathemorning 85% clean eating 15% fun! And not fun everyday. Once and a while. I love to cook and bake and try new things so I made a thing that works for me.
  • ms_maruska
    ms_maruska Posts: 119 Member
    Very well done! :D
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Awesome. You are an inspirition. :mrgreen:
  • WillowMoon27
    Thank you and I wont. :) all I can do is move forward.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Congrats! I know just how you feel. I was taken off diabetes meds too last month. It's such an amazing feeling isn't it?
  • anxioushero
    anxioushero Posts: 61 Member
    Wow!! Well done dude that's rad
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    Yes you read right. I am no longer diabetic. I been diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 14. I was always a heavy girl. Very shy and I saw comfort in food. My biggest I have ever been was 324 at size 24. I'm now 260 and a size 18. I went to the doctor yesterday and went to get my blood results. She says"Michelle don't ever say your diabetic again" I didn't understand.. She showed me my lab results and my jaw hit the floor. I shouted BLESSED BE. I'm so happy. My hardwork paid off. Working out in the bathroom of my house because I was too shy and scared to go to a gym. Cut out soda...rice..fried foods and went organic.(75%). I use a 85/15 measure percent when it comes to eating. I Love to dance and that what kept me going and one other thing. Marijuana.!!!! Yes, you read right again!! Mary Jane. I want to let everybody know who reads this that marijuana is NOT a drug. It's a life changer. I would smoke then go workout. Gives me energy and relaxs me. Thanks for reading. I wish I knew how to post pictures. I would post lab results. Thank you. Contact or comment.

@Moonstonegoddess24 - first of all, big hugs and congratulations to you! How inspiring! :smiley: Congrats on your hard work and dedication...

I know how diabetes can really turn one's life upside down completely. If its not hard enough trying to change your lifestyle and diet as a person with no physical ailments or diseases, you had to completely overhaul your life.

One of my friends was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and her life was just turned upside down. No more sugar, no more late night suppers, no more snacks...no more anything she really enjoyed doing. It was really a massive struggle for her and she's still coming to terms with the changes.

Good on you, and I second @ejinvt, do your best to keep it up and turn it into a lifestyle - see this as your second chance of a normal, happy, healthy life!

Thanks for sharing and I'm going to show this to her to give her some inspiration to beat diabetes!
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    That's awesome !
  • Liggy302
    Liggy302 Posts: 47 Member
    Well done :)
  • clewis1102
    clewis1102 Posts: 2 Member
    That is so amazing! Congrats to you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!