what to drink, and not exceed calories.

Options
2»

Replies

• Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I drink very little alcohol but when I do I will have a glass of wine or a wine spritzer, wine with soda. I will usually drink unsweetened tea with lemon, water with lemon, or I have found some sodas that are very low in calories. One is Dry Soda. They have some really unique flavors like rhubarb and cucumber along with lime, mandarin orange, cherry, etc. They run 40-70 calories a bottle. Any drink that has calories I will log in my diary.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I try to be limited in my drinking because alcohol makes me want to eat everything in sight. I volunteer to be the driver so I can only have a few standards. Then I either have wine or gin and tonic. Vodka soda is also low in calories.
  • hutchin88
    hutchin88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    100% agave tequila. One oz = 65 calories.
  • pbbagel
    pbbagel Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You could have one beer, just to enjoy it and savour it. Then switch to a spirit (vodka, gin, etc.) with a low calorie mixer (sugar free cola/lemonade or carbonated water). A measure of spirit plus low cal mixer is around 60 calories.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    honestly, don't even worry about it. It is one weekend of fun filled stuff. I am already 1000 calories over the past two days and after today I will probably be over by another couple hundred….

Just get back on track tomorrow.
  • donohoeshaunap
    donohoeshaunap Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    KCEngr wrote: »
    You sound like a girl of my own heart. I love imperials and double IPAs. If you like fruity drinks, put fresh fruit, ice, and vodka in a blender (everclear if you want to get after it). The premixed stuff has a LOT of sugar so stay away from that. Otherwise, just drink ice water and add strawberries, lime slices, and a little mint. Looks like a girly mohito for social drinking without drinking. Lite beer is a backup plan.

If you are like me, the more I drink, the more I drink so be careful with calories.

I'm not too into fruity drinks but I love good beer! I've been settling on vodka and flavored water, and when I do drink beer I usually only drink 4 beers but as you know they are high in calories.

but sometimes good beer is just worth it!

:)
  • donohoeshaunap
    donohoeshaunap Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    honestly, don't even worry about it. It is one weekend of fun filled stuff. I am already 1000 calories over the past two days and after today I will probably be over by another couple hundred….

Just get back on track tomorrow.

I went with this.
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I like unsweetened tea with vodka and put lots of lemon in it.