Home Gym Showoff. Cost 375$ for a lifetime investment!

Options
It's in my living room and I don't care. I showed you mine, may I see yours? Am I missing some things that may be essential?

YYAqGLk.jpg

Replies

• PAYNEMAKER
    PAYNEMAKER Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Awesome, .....soon the whole room.
  • Onelifeman
    Onelifeman Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Looks class
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Am I missing some things that may be essential?

Even safety bars? :laugh:

Looks good. Only thing I'd say is more weights so you can keep progressing. There's always more you could buy, but it looks like you have everything you need to last you a good long while.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Nice! I hope by the end of this year I can start getting some pieces for a home gym. I see the essentials, a place to squat, bench press, a bar to deadlift, and to overhead press.
  • PAYNEMAKER
    PAYNEMAKER Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Half of my garage is converted, squat rack,Olympic bench,Olympic lat tower,Olympic dip machine, walled mirror, elliptical, padded section for boxing and various training,dumbells, bands, punching bag....hmm I think that's it
  • EzRemake
    EzRemake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Looks great! I'm excited to get my first power rack next week, finally I'll be able to do back squat again, no more zercher squat bruises!
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Looks great. I would suggest a sheet of plywood underneath it, to spread the weight out more and protect those nice looking floors.
  • HollieWould1
    HollieWould1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am curious, is the mirror to admire yourself? Or does it serve some other purpose? But I think I must have a wall mirror now that it was mentioned. If not for anything then at least to look at myself. I am that vain.
  • HollieWould1
    Options
    mantium999 wrote: »
    Looks great. I would suggest a sheet of plywood underneath it, to spread the weight out more and protect those nice looking floors.

Oh so, cool my floors are perfectly deceiving you! :) I paid 65 cents per square foot :) Plywood is more expensive.

• HollieWould1
    Options
    PAYNEMAKER wrote: »
    Half of my garage is converted, squat rack,Olympic bench,Olympic lat tower,Olympic dip machine, walled mirror, elliptical, padded section for boxing and various training,dumbells, bands, punching bag....hmm I think that's it

Hrmm are you SURE you aren't missing anything? LOL

• HollieWould1
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Looks good. Only thing I'd say is more weights so you can keep progressing. There's always more you could buy, but it looks like you have everything you need to last you a good long while.
    I hope so. The program I am followed is for 6 months. I know I will be much stronger, but not sure how much.
  • HollieWould1
    Options
    EzRemake wrote: »
    finally I'll be able to do back squat again, no more zercher squat bruises!

I had to look that up. Yeap I had my safe search OFF like an idiot hahaha.

Those look like really advanced lifts.

• HollieWould1
    Options
    skeo wrote: »
    Nice! I hope by the end of this year I can start getting some pieces for a home gym. I see the essentials, a place to squat, bench press, a bar to deadlift, and to overhead press.

And house plants. Did you not see my house plants?

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    skeo wrote: »

And house plants. Did you not see my house plants?

I see the telescope. I have an 8" schmidt-cassegrain with a drive system. They're so much fun.

The gym looks great :)
  • HollieWould1
    edited July 2015
    Options
    kami3006 wrote: »

I see the telescope. I have an 8" schmidt-cassegrain with a drive system. They're so much fun.

The gym looks great :)
    Oh yea I started out with an 8" Newtonian as my first telescope like a MORON! I had to get on that ladder you see there to even ASPA the stupid thing! I ditched that right away and got the 6". OMG it made astrophotography WAY more fun!

Here is one of my photos I took with the 6"

c7gnzPu.jpg

And the telescope is the same color as my rack and looks nice next to it. I didn't plan it that way either :)
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    I have a 6x14' section of the basement I've taken over, plus my treadmill desk. I have another small section by the stairs down staked out for a Stairmaster.

The most important thing for me now is the 3/4" exercise mat. It's what allows me to do things like jumping jacks, even. It's great!

I also have some dumbbells, the adjustable kind.

I will buy myself another piece of equipment with every milestone I make. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    It's not very tall though. I'd feel weird squatting in it if my eyesight could clear the top bar. But hey, it's a rack!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• HollieWould1
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    It's not very tall though. I'd feel weird squatting in it if my eyesight could clear the top bar. But hey, it's a rack!

When I grow an extra 2 feet I might invest in a taller rack.
  • HollieWould1
    Options
    treadmill desk

I would LOVE to see this! Can you post a pic of this contraption? Please?

• HollieWould1
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Oh my goodness I didn't even notice. Ahaha