Options

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

'Tis the season.

Practicing for Jan 1?

:)

Nope. I hardly bump anymore since people started getting upset that a lot of these stickied posts are just pages of bumps. Thought this might be useful since we're seeing early resolutioners on the board already. I'll probably hide the first couple of weeks of January and hope others take on the augean task.

Won't be me, that's for sure. :)
  • robbyh501
    robbyh501 Posts: 20 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Lose weight with this one .....
    .....WEIRD TRICK
    .....WEIRD HERB
    .....WEIRD FOOD
    .....WEIRD DRINK

What doctors don't want you to know.....

Click here to find out which 5 foods you should NEVER eat......

Turns white fat into brown fat.....

You can still eat all the foods you enjoy every day and NEVER go hungry!.....

...and any stupid pen&ink presentation video, especially the ones that go on about bloody LEPTIN!

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,611 Member
    Options
    robbyh501 wrote: »
    Lose weight with this one .....
    .....WEIRD TRICK
    .....WEIRD HERB
    .....WEIRD FOOD
    .....WEIRD DRINK

What doctors don't want you to know.....

Click here to find out which 5 foods you should NEVER eat......

Turns white fat into brown fat.....

You can still eat all the foods you enjoy every day and NEVER go hungry!.....

...and any stupid pen&ink presentation video, especially the ones that go on about bloody LEPTIN!

Just confused about brown fat and leptin... I mean both are actual "things".

Whether they're things as described by any monkey with a keyboard who wants your money... that's a different thing!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Assume it's a scam.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Gender specific products, anything claiming to solve every problem...

"This product has been proven to solve EVERY weight loss challenge affecting EVERY man/ woman".

So a pill can fix a challenging work, school, or childcare schedule too? Maybe I do need that. :/
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    When it says "SECRET" in the headline.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

'Tis the season.

Practicing for Jan 1?

:)

Nope. I hardly bump anymore since people started getting upset that a lot of these stickied posts are just pages of bumps. Thought this might be useful since we're seeing early resolutioners on the board already. I'll probably hide the first couple of weeks of January and hope others take on the augean task.

Rec for use of "augean". Especially as applied to this particular task.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Lok, I always call those "Get skinny/healthy/immortal quick" schemes.
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    "Limited quantities available. Act quickly so you won't be disappointed"
  • jasummers76
    jasummers76 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    • Demonises food groups

And on the flip side of that, anything that claims that one particular food is a "miracle food" and that you need to eat it exclusively in order to lose weight.

Are you saying I can eat other foods besides bananas and drink things other than Apple cider vinegar? ..
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    • Demonises food groups

And on the flip side of that, anything that claims that one particular food is a "miracle food" and that you need to eat it exclusively in order to lose weight.

Are you saying I can eat other foods besides bananas and drink things other than Apple cider vinegar? ..

No. Bananas are evil. They are the one thing you can't eat. Haven't you seen the ad?
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Products that claim you will lose fat just from wearing them.
  • melly19762003
    melly19762003 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    (but you do lose weight when you sleep, you exhale fat then)

You do actually lose weight when you sleep, But that is normal, e.g, I'll weigh myself at night and then in the morning, I'm always a few lbs lighter in the morning. Mainly because the food and liquids have been broken down and ingested and you have probably been for a pee or 2 during the night and definitely visited the loo in the morning after you have woken up, also probably slightly dehydrated through lack of liquids when asleep. So for someone who has never tested this theory out, then bought products that claim you will lose weight while you're sleeping then they are going to think "WOW! This really works!" Bahahahaha!!! NOPE, That would of happened anyway.
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Just about any solution that requires you to purchase it is a red flag for me. This does not include "packaging of info". Some people are just too lazy, too confused or too busy to be able to pull together the most important elements of a new eating plan. So if someone wants to do that work for you and then charge you for it, I don't consider that a scam. But if there is some "pill" or "solution" or "special food" that needs to be purchased, then I believe it is scammish.
  • azironasun
    azironasun Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have a family member that tries pushing Reliv products on me. No. . . just NO.

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's that time of year.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    227115-Happy-New-Year-Cat.gif